Our Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Member News: New Book Release

With much excitement, and a touch of nervousness, it's time for a bit of shameless self-promotion. I have great pleasure in announcing that my erotic regency romance, One Wicked Night, was released by Noble Romance last month. I can’t say enough good things about the wonderful team at Noble Romance Publishing including the beautiful cover they produced for my novella.



Blurb:

For one wicked night…


Benedict Abernathy, an untitled and wealthy gentleman visiting London, is heartily sick of his celibate existence. Determined to leave his shattered heart behind and move on with his life, he accepts an invitation for a night of debauchery in the arms of London’s infamous courtesan, Lottie Townsend.


…she will indulge his every desire

Lady Charlotte Goodchild has fallen far from privilege and longs for one night of pleasure with the man she loves. But Benedict must be spared the truth of her ruin at all costs. Posing as Lottie Townsend, a notoriously discriminating courtesan and old friend, she disguises her identity and invites Benedict to share the night of passion that fate denied them.



Exerpt:

    To read the exerpt please click the link to Noble Romance


Freebie:


Now, for a bit of fun, I have a copy of my e-book (PDF or PRC file formats) to give away, but you have to work for it. Simply describe the preparations you would make to create one wicked night for you and your partner. Please keep your responses G-rated and I'll choose a winner and post their name to the blog tomorrow.


The most romantic, decadent or just plain fun description will win!



12 comments:

  1. What a great story! Congratulations, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your release, Heather!!! You don't have to enter me in the contest, since I already bought the book :)

    But a wicked night with my honey?? I think I would recreate one of our favorite night's ever. We got a room at a hotel in the city we lived in, went to dinner at a swank restaurant, then had drinks on the 80-something floor of a famous hotel with a revolving bar, and sometime during the evening, we decided to take on alter-egos. I became a British PR girl, who was in town on business. He was single and ready to show me a good time in a new town. Let's just say our "one night stand" was pretty great. LOL!

    Nowadays, a wicked night means 2 beers and staying up past 10pm. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comments about Noble, Heather. We're happy to have you with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your release, Heather. So excited for you.

    Hmm. I don't currently have a romantic partner, LOL, but if I did I think a wicked night would have to include chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't take much in my household -- a wicked night is ANY night when we've managed to fob off both kids at the same time, LOL.

    Congratulations on your release, Heather. Looks fabulously wicked *fans herself vigorously*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new release -- sounds really hot!

    For me a wicked night would (like Maree) start with no kids. Wow, wouldn't that be wicked! I would include candlelight, a bubble bath, an the sweet voice of Dave Matthews singing "Crash into Me."

    Since this is PG rated, I will stop there and let my imagination go crazy. Hmm, maybe write a story about it :) Since I live on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean with no family for thousands and thousands of miles, though, my wicked night will have to wait about, oh, say 10-15 years!!

    Rebecca Leigh
    rebecca@rebeccaleighromance.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lottie's intent was indeed WICKED, I loved it! Boy, I bet that man will never forget your heroine in a million years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail - thanks for your comment.

    Jerrica - your date night antics with Eric crack me up. I can picture you both doing this. Sounds hysterical.Did you fool other people too?

    Mindy - a chocoholic like me? My brain is working overtime on its applications? One day I'd love to have a whole meal of chocolate.

    Maree - I've always valued my infrequent childless nights. Glad you liked the exerpt!

    Rebecca - hadn't heard Dave Matthews Crash into me before but found an accoustic clip on you tube. Loved it.

    Cherie - thanks for dropping by. Glad you liked my feast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great excerpt, Heather! Congrats on the release, it must be so exciting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Heather on the Release!

    Hmmmm..well, considering hubby and I spent our 10th wedding anniversay in Lithgow (and for anyone who doesn't know where that is...you don't want to)..its our 20th this year, so i'm hoping for something really wicked...like McDonalds drivethru - no expenses spared...I might even have the McFlurry!!!!!

    : )

    Good luck with the launch!

    Cheers,

    Erin Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin & Erin Thanks for dropping by.

    Aussie Erin - I know about Lithgow! But I dont think you're ready for the mcflurry anniversary yet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: Rebecca Leigh is the winner of my ebook, One Wicked Night. Please contact me at hm.boyd@yahoo.com.au with the format you'd prefer (PDF or PRC)

    Here's hoping that a few of the ideas in One Wicked Night might spark at least an hour of decadent fun.

    ReplyDelete