Our Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cheer Me Up

I've been feeling a little down lately, and it has affected just about everything I do. I haven't been able to write. I haven't been able to focus on my schoolwork the way I'd like to. I haven't been good company to be around.

I know WHY I'm down. That's the easy part.

In a few days, it will have been a full year since my grandpa passed away. Just a few days after that, we'll be saying goodbye to my baby brother. He's in the Army National Guard, and he's headed back to Iraq for another year-long deployment.

It seems like the combination of these two events has me blocked up, in more ways than I ever thought possible.

So...I'm asking for help. I don't want to even think about writing or schoolwork over the next week or so. I want to immerse myself in things I enjoy, that don't require me to think too hard.

Anyone have any suggestions of some great, feel-good books I should read and movies I should watch? I'm looking for lighthearted, humorous, all around fun. Nothing too deep, please.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the QUEEN of lighthearted, Catherine! I *only* do lighthearted...and paranormal, but I can do moody and violent as long as it's not realistic :)

    Fun chick flicks...

    Confessions of a Shopaholic
    Bridget Jones' Diary (1 and 2)
    27 Dresses
    Baby Mama
    Devil Wears Prada
    Dan in Real Life

    Muscials...

    7 Brides
    Calamity Jane
    Almost anything with Doris Day in it :)

    Books...

    Bridgertons (except When He was Wicked...so depressing!!)
    Anything by Sophie Kinsella

    Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment, but if I think of more, I'll be back :) Hope your spirits lift soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mindy, I hate that you're feeling so bad but chin up girl, it'll get better I promise. Sometimes, life has a way of surprising us when we least expect it.

    I can't help you out with the books as I've never read any like this, most of mine are dark, drama's but I will say this: Grab your little nephew monster and watch his cheeky grin that should make you feel much better.

    ReplyDelete