Our Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

In Theatres This Week...

Here at Lady Scribes, we are all about good stories, whether they be books, television, or film. So, we are spending a little time on Sundays discussing the latest releases and finding out what you saw, what you like, and what you’re looking forward to.


Opening this week…

Red (PG-13)

Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman

A former black-ops agent reassembles his old team to survive a new threat.

Conviction (R)

Hilary Swank, Minnie Driver

A working mother puts herself through law school to represent her wrongly convicted brother.

Hereafter (PG-13)

Matt Damon, Bryce Dallas Howard

Three very different people are touched by death in very different ways. Directed by Clint Eastwood.

9 comments:

  1. There are actually two shows I would like to see. Life as We Know It and Reds. Hubby and I were actually talking about going and seeing Reds and we have not been to a moving in well over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are headed out the door right now to see RED. Hope it's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, Thanks for doing this weekly feature. I rarely go to movies, so it's nice to be able to glance and this and know what all the buzz is about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see Red but I'll have to wait till it comes out on dvd. You'll have to tell me if it was any good. I so love action movie's and books LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested in Hereafter. I've loved every movie I've ever watched that Clint Eastwood directed, and I get the feeling that this one will be no different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I liked RED a lot. Just the cast was a fun lineup. My son, who is not easily impressed with John Malkovich or Helen Mirren or Morgan Freeman, thought it was "all right." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched the shorts for RED on TV. Looks like a blast. Might go see it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see Red. Hereafter is on my list to see as well. I've seen a few movies this year, but far less than usual. There haven't been too many that really catch my attention enough to want to go. (And 3D special effects are not a draw for me. Seems everyone is doing this these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We FINALLY get a date night next Saturday night and can't wait to see Social Network. No desire to see any of the new releases this week, which is good because I don't get to get out much to see movies anyway. LOL!

    ReplyDelete