Our Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Healing Tree

It is out and sooner than I expected. The Healing Tree was supposed to be my third novel released but it ended up being the second. It is a good thing this is not part of a trilogy or series because things could be very confusing. Well, actually it is, but it is the first book in its own series and has nothing to do with Loving Lydia or Pure is the Heart (coming in April), and I am going to use my blog day to shamelessly promote The Healing Tree.

Lady Lilian Bliant appears to be a serene earl’s daughter, but under her exotic fa├žade she has a spine of steel. She is determined to thwart her manipulative father’s plan to shackle her to a weak-willed man of the ton and is successful until Lord Maxwell Warrick becomes a suitor.

Lord Max is anything but weak-willed. He is happy with his life until Lady Lilian wreaks havoc on his heart. Despite her continued rejection, Max wants Lily to trust him, trust in his love, and have faith in the Lord.

With the Lord’s guidance, and through prayer, he begins to hope that one day their differences will be put aside and Lily will accept his faith as her own and Max as her husband.

If you didn't catch it from the blurb, The Healing Tree is an Inspirational Historical Romance, which can also be called a Christian Romance. While faith and God come into play and are important to the story, I feel mine fall more into the "Edgy" category.

If you are wondering what a Edgy Christian Romance is, I took the following definition from Edgy Inspirational Fiction.

"If romance were a summer drink, bonnet books and Christian category would be sweet tea. Edgy inspirationals would be unsweetened with a slice of lemon. And mainstream romance would be a Long Island iced tea."

If you have avoided or had no interest in reading an Edgy Christian Romance before, I encourage you to give one a shot. You may find you like them ;). And, if you want to try mine, it is in e-book format at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! And I have to say that's a really beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a great title! I'm cautious about "Christian" fiction, having been immersed to the point of drowning during childhood, but I must say the edgy part has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne, I think I know what you mean. My novel is nothing like the Christian romances I read 10 or so years ago. Sometimes I think The Healing Tree leans more toward secular than inspirational. Or, maybe a secular romance with some faith and God added in the mix because there is a lot more going on than the issue of faith. And, it originally started off as a secular novel. Funny how a story develops when you are a panster and not a plotter - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this story, Amy. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Roxanne! I was immersed in it too. What I love about Amy's books (and she's the only Christian author I've read) is that she isn't preachy in any way. In fact, her books are edgy and very different from what I've heard the Inspirational market usually contains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxanne, I have to wholeheartedly agree with Ava on this one. I grew up immersed in "the faith" and have pretty much rejected it my entire adult life. However, I don't have any problems with Amy's books. I don't feel preached at in any way. It just feels like it's something that's important to her characters, but that doesn't mean it has to be important to me. Don't worry - there are no altar calls in this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the compliments, Ava and Jerrica.

    ReplyDelete