Our Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

In the wake of the bunny...

My sincerest apologies, dear readers. I was supposed to do another NYC blog today, but after planning and hosting an Easter Egg Hunt for 12 babies and all their parents yesterday, I'm pooped! Not to mention on a major sugar crash! I suppose it could have been worse, though. I could have a kid old enough to actually eat candy, in which case those eggs would have been filled with chocolate instead of Cheerios.

But we did have Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts (and we have half the box left too...somebody's gonna have to eat those!), and organic cupcakes from a local bakery (of which we brought home three!), plus the holiday donut from Dunkin Donuts (we always have to buy the holiday donuts - it's tradition!), oh, and don't forget the shortbread sprinkle cookies we've been munching on all week...and the chocolate the nanny gave us (it would just be rude not to eat it!). I'm sure I'm missing something, but my brain is too filled with sugar and additives to think properly right now.

We did have a lovely day, though, and the kiddies had a blast collecting eggs...and scattering Cheerios everywhere.

What about you? Did you pig out on Easter candy over the weekend? Or how about those Passover macaroons?? I love the almond flavored ones! Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, you're little one is soo cute! The Easter Bunny is very bad at our house. Our daughter doesn't like anything with nuts, but he still puts some candy bars with nuts in the plastic eggs. Let's just say I had way too many mini candy bars yesterday. :)

    Seriously, twelve babies?!? You needed your sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom asked me to bake. Augh! I love baking, but then I eat it all. LOL.

    She asked me to bake some muffins to eat for breakfast, which isn't too bad. They've got some sugar in them, but not overly much. But then she wanted me to bake cookies, too. And not just one batch. She asked for 3 or 4 different varieties of cookies.

    Of course, I had to sample them all. *sigh*

    And then, yes, there was the candy from my nephew's Easter egg hunt.

    NO SUGAR today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today does seem like a recovery day, doesn't it? LOL Your little one is adorable. I use to love Easter dresses. I'm glad little girls still wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures Jerrica. I always love your posts because your pictures are so beautiful. Today is definitely recovery day for me for tomorrow I go back to the real life job, so I need to recuperate today lol. Good luck Chatherine on the no sugar today. I've already been far too tempted and it's not even lunch time yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, how evil of EB!! LOL! That is too funny! I'll have to remember that trick when Bella is older.

    Catherine, oh, how I wish we lived closer to one another...I'm sure your baked goods are delicious!!

    Donna, Bella has several Easter dresses...I love them too :)

    Melissa, thank you! I do love to dabble in the photographic arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can be too young for chocolate? How did I not know this? How did my 4 children survive? :)
    Beautiful pictures, Jerrica! I'm glad you had a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete