Our Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day…Start Your DVRs!

Well, it's that time again. The time when all us Americans pack up our white shoes and dresses and pants, and trade them out for a more autumnal palate. It means saying goodbye to our swim gear and dragging out the coats and hats and scarves.

But it also means that many of us will be sitting down to set up our DVRs to capture the return of our favorite television shows or the premieres of some new, intriguing programs.

I'll admit, I'm a real TV junkie. I always have been. My teachers used to be super concerned for me because I would sometimes watch 3+ hours of TV every day after school. I knew the line-up of all my favorite shows -- I had the clicker ready to flip from one station to the next on the hour or half hour so I wouldn't miss a single second of one of my programs, even if I was doing something else at the time.

To this day, I love TV. Sure, I know I could be doing other things with my time, but after long, productive days of writing, critiquing and taking care of myself and my family, the last thing I want to do is something that takes any amount of work.

So most nights, my hubby and I snuggle on the couch watching one of our many DVR'd programs.

What's on the docket this year? Our return shows will be: Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, The Office, 30 Rock and Parks & Recreation, Glee, Raising Hope and How I Met Your Mother. (I hope I didn't leave anything out!)

But there are so many new shows to look forward to, too: PanAm, Up All Night, Suburgatory, New Girl, The Secret Circle, Heart of Dixie…there are so many, I'm sure I'm forgetting something!!

So those are what I'm looking forward to this fall in terms of television. What about you? What shows will definitely be reappearing on your DVR this fall, and what new shows will you be adding to the roster?

Have a safe and Happy Labor Day, everyone!

-Jerrica, Her Grace of Grammar

6 comments:

  1. Definitely Up All Night. It just looks absolutely hillarious and seems to hit all the "new parent" marks quite accurately.

    Terra Nova

    Then Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, Survivor, and I'm sure there are quite a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I freely admit, I'm a reality TV junkie. LOL. So I'm still watching Project Runway and Big Brother right now. Soon, I'll be adding Survivor (do we really need to bring back Coach and Ozzy AGAIN???) and The Amazing Race (more former Survivor contestants, TAR? Seriously?). I might have to move on from Dancing With the Stars, though, because they keep bringing on "Stars" that I've never heard of more and more. Yeah, they've always been B listers (or C...or D). But now? Who the heck ARE most of these people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean there are people that don't stare glassy eyed at the tv at night?

    Aside from waiting for the two NCIS shows to run new episodes, I'm excited about seeing Unforgettable and Once Upon a Time (What can I say, I'm a fairytale junkie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tory, I'm definitely intrigued by Terra Nova, too!

    Catherine, I love reality TV, but it's something I watch more of in the summer: Master Chef, Cupcake Wars, Glee Project - those were my big ones this summer.

    Beth, so I hear! LOL! Now, what are Unforgettable and Once Upon a Time??? Haven't heard of those, but if they are fairytale-esque, I need to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IF I watch tv at all, it's only a half-hour show. Because I work full time, I want to make the most of my time off, which means I'm in my computer room writing. But once in a while when my muse isn't working, then I'll go watch tv with hubby or grandkids when they come over. I don't dare get involved with a tv series. The last tv series I was hooked on was "Moonlight" - and that gorgeous Alex O'Laughlin. But we all know how that ended. I literally cried while watching the last show. At that point I realized tv watching was NOT for me because I get too attached, and too upset when the show is canceled. lol

    ~Phyllis~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unforgettable is another crime drama. The herione has a condition in which she can't forget anything she sees. She's a former cop and gets drawn into solving crimes again. (CBS)

    Once Upon a Time - Best to watch the trailer. It's hard to describe but seems like a fairytale drama/soap opera show. (ABC)

    ReplyDelete