Our Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Procrastination, thy name is StumbleUpon

Like most people, I don’t need much of an excuse to procrastinate. If I can get my story words out first thing in the morning I'm ready to spend an afternoon cruising stock art images on the web for kicks as a reward. But last week I stumbled back into StumbleUpon and gained a new addiction.

Stumble upon is a randomizer of web content, a way to venture into unfamiliar blogs and places based on the areas of interest you specify. Not really knowing what I was setting myself up for, I picked a dozen, including cats, humor and books.

It’s a fascinating experience stumbling through strange websites. Take this cat, for instance. (courtesy of youtube) It can put on its own bunny ears.




This clever list, by blogger ArtLung, showcases a myriad (ok 32) ways to TICK PEOPLE OFF.
After careful consideration, these are my top 10:



2.   In the memo field of all your checks, write "for sexual favors."
4.   If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.
8.   Practice making fax and modem noises.
14. Holler random numbers while someone is counting.
18. Honk and wave to strangers.
20. TYPE IN UPPERCASE.
22. dont use any punctuation either
23. Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.
24. Repeat the following conversation a dozen times.
            "DO YOU HEAR THAT?"
            "What?"
            "Never mind, it's gone now."
29.  Sit in your front yard pointing a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.


Pictures from NASA (I love storms with lightning)






All things I’d never of found without the wonder that is StumbleUpon.

It might not seem that way at first, but procrastination can be a good thing for the mind.

So what would you choose from the Tick People off list?
Come on, you can tell me.

5 comments:

  1. I love lightning and space pictures. They make you appreciate nature. (Alright so can hurricanes but the pictures you can enjoy the awesomeness without the disaster/recovery phase)


    My own ways to tick people off:

    Pass someone then pull in front of them and tap the breaks so you slow down to the speed limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!! I love this post, Heather. I don't write checks very often anymore, but it I did, I would totally be writing "for sexual favors" in the "For" line.

    And that cat looks JUST like our Dr. Snuggle. However, I know it's not him because he would never voluntarily put anything on his head. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I can teach Dakota to put bunny ears on her head. Probably not. She HATES her new collar. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Beth. Drivers who slide in front of you then slow down drive me insane! Great choice!

    Jerrica & Mindy - the best tricks my cats have ever done is attempt to trip me over in their haste to get to their food bowl at meal times. With my current cat that seems to be 5 times a day! Hungry cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hardly ever write checks any more, but I would love to put "for sexual favors" on the memo line. That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete