Our Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the Season For Ugly Sweaters!

Last weekend I received this little gem in my in-box from one of my favorite restaurant (no need to bring finger foods):

Close fascimile (always wanted to use that description)
Would I go? Of course! Hot Builder as my date? Check! Fugalicious Sweater? Uh...hm...er...Not exactly. 

I had no idea where I'd get such a thing.  So, I scoured the internet for hours, looking for just the right inspiration. Those faint of heart, stylish or perpetually queasy of stomach, I would advise you to quit reading. Right. Now.



This is a seriously hawt look. 

Snoop Dogg just lost some doggy years.



For the love of God don't look below Colin Firth's shoulders.

What is he doing for her to make *that* face?

Apparently, Ugly Christmas Sweaters are a Big Deal, because there are websites dedicated for such an occasion. Here are a sampling:
  • These guys claim to have the largest selection of  Ugly Christmas Sweaters
  • Sweaters are sorted into three categories: ugly, really ugly and butt ugly.
  • They're drinking more than just hot chocolate and eggnog at the North Pole.



Here's what Hot Builder picked to wear:
Understated but festive

As for me, I settled on this:
I'm a nonconformist.

What's the craziest, tackiest or just plain ugliest Christmas Sweater you've ever seen or *gasp* worn? Thanks for stopping by!





13 comments:

  1. I went through this phase, when I was in my early teens, of shopping at Goodwill. The uglier the sweaters, the better chance they stood of coming home with me. I have no idea why. It was part of my teen angst phase, I guess. Out of shape, saggy, overly large, Garnpa sweaters. Ugh... Have fun at your party! And post pics, please...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Olivia- That's hilarious! I used to wear hideous sweaters as a teacher, but my students loved them!

    Maybe next year HCRW can do an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Theme?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's worse than an ugly sweater? A couple wearing ugly sweaters! Egads ... the horror ... the horror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stephen- LOL!!! What about an entire family? *shudder*

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Your captions are (as always) hilarious. That poor couple. On the other hand, I don't think Colin Firth could look bad in ANYthing. :)=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katharine. I'm just want to know*what*is his other hand is doing? ;)

    I think I might have gasped in horror when I found the C.F. picture.
    Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've owned a Christmas sweater since I was a child (I don't think the plain, unadorned red standby counts). But, I have an ugly sweater party this year so hubby and I will be shopping at Goodwill and Salvation Army. We are hoping we can match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jane Charles- No, a plain, unadorned red sweater sounds just right to me, but not enough for an Ugly Sweater party! Good luck on your search!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "ladies" of my family all got "ugly" Christmas sweaters one year for Christmas and wore them. My seater had snowmen all over it, even the back! At the time we thought we looked really good. Oh well, I'll just blame it on the 80's and not my lack of fashion sense! And I agree with Katherine, Colin never looked so good in a Christmas sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous (MK) But then again, all fashion from the 80s was fantastically bad. hee! Got any pictures to share? ;p

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have to agree with Katherine LOL, Colin Firth still looks pretty good in that sweater. I haven't had an ugly sweater since I was teen and I am actually grateful after seeing these pics LOL. And remember we want pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Suzie- LOL! I think everyone might agree with you and Katharine. Although I suspect that many don't let their gaze drift down very far from Colin's face, hee!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't remember wearing an ugly sweater and if I did I blacked it out of my mind lol Like Colin Firth, you and Hot builder guy would look good in any sweater. Another great blog
    beachmomma0002

    ReplyDelete