Our Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Febutante Anna Randol

Hello, and welcome to the first episode of “The Nearly Wed Game”! An exciting new game show where heroes and heroines find out how well they truly know each other. Let’s meet our host, the man with a fascination with fashion, the connoisseur of cravats—Beau Brummell!!!

Beau: (adjusts his jacket) Thank you. Thank you. Now let’s meet today’s guests. These lovebirds may have had the farthest to come, but they’re always home when they’re with each other! Let’s welcome the colorful couple from A SECRET IN HER KISS! Miss Mari Sinclair is a beautiful British spy in the heart of the Ottoman Empire who’s been blackmailed into completing one final mission. Major Bennett Prestwood is a battle-weary soldier fresh from the fields of Waterloo who’s been sent to make sure she complies even if it costs her life.



Beau: Now let’s get down to business. I’ll be posing questions to each of the couples, and you are to answer how you believe your partner will respond. We’ll see you soon, Major.



Beau: (clears throat) Major Prestwood, that is your cue to exit the stage.



(Bennett crosses his arms and refuses to move.)



Beau: Major?



Bennett: Someone is trying to kill Mari. I’m not going anywhere.



Mari: I’ve managed to survive thus far on my own. And I doubt anyone is about to attack me in front of an audience. Go.



Beau: Major, we have a general back stage who can order you leave.



(Bennett hesitates, but finally goes).



Beau: So Mari, pick up you paper and answer this question: If your hero was going to dispatch with a villain, how would he do so?



(Mari thinks and then writes. Beau calls Major Prestwood back in.)



Beau: So, Major Prestwood, how do you think Mari would have answered this question. If your hero was going to dispatch with a villain, how would he choose to do so?



Bennett: (Glowers) With my rifle. I’m a major in the 95th after all. A crack shot.



Beau: Let’s see? Miss Sinclair?



Mari: (Frowns holding up paper) I said with a dagger. You carry one in your boot. That’s how you took out the thief in my room.



Bennett: Because I didn’t have a rifle at that moment.



Mari: Don’t glare at me. You were the one who hurried me out of your room so quickly.



Beau: (Raising his eyebrow) Moving on for Miss Sinclair’s question.



(Mari dodges as Bennett tries to keep her by his side.)



Beau: If Miss Sinclair had an afternoon free, how would she occupy her time?



(Bennett writes and Mari is called back into the room and told the question.)



Beau: Your answer, Miss Sinclair?



Miss Sinclair: Reading Bennett’s poetry. It’s gut-wrenching and passionate. It details both the horrors of war and the triumphs.



Major Prestwood: (Flushes and clears his throat several times) You read my poetry?



Miss Sinclair: (Boldly meets his eye) You left it in the dirt.



Major Prestwood: I thought—It’s all a bunch of nonsense anyway… Isn’t it?



Beau: (clears throat) Your answer, Major?



Major Prestwood: (shakes his head as if clearing it) Drawing. She’s incredible. I’ve watched her draw line by line and I still don’t understand how she manages to capture the essence of her subjest so perfectly.



(Mari’s mouth drops open in an unladylike fashion)



Beau: Well, it looks like these two sweethearts have a little further to go until they reach their happily ever after. But don’t worry, audience, you can find out if they succeed in A SECRET IN HER KISS available now!



Audience, do you have any questions for Mari and Bennett? One lucky commenter will win a copy of A SECRET IN HER KISS. And all U.S. commenters will be eligible to win a free Kindle! YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK A QUESTION TO ENTER, BUT WE NEED YOUR NAME.


Be sure to check in throughout the day to meet all of the Febutantes and for more chances to win autographed books and a Kindle. Just leave a comment to have your name entered into the drawing. Leave comments on all six blogs for more chances to win. The contest ends at midnight CST Sunday, February 5th. Winners will be announced Monday evening.




You can visit Anna at www.anarandol.com.

67 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! This sounds like an absolutely fantastic book. I love the conflict that you've set up between the hero and the heroine. I am adding this to my amazon wishlist right now!
    BTW- I LOVE the cover art. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! Mari and Bennett have such a tough time, but that makes their love all the sweeter!

    Make sure you check back later for the rest of the febutantes answers (Hilarious! Trust me! I almost snorted my pop tart this morning as I read through them.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, the interaction with your characters was fun and I love that you used the Ottoman Empire. I wish I could think of a question, but I can't. Congrats on the debut of your novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Mari and Bennett were so fun to write!

      Delete
  4. love to win Anna's book, sound interesting

    is this international giveaway, if yes, pls dont count me

    eli_y83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ups... i meant, if this us only, dont count me

      Delete
  5. Hi Anna -

    I haven't read your books yet, but I loved that interview and that cover.

    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us! The Ottoman Empire was a fascinating location to research!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohh! Sounds very interesting. And they both seem so determined (stubborn ;) )! Beautiful cover.

    trb917@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both are defintely determined. That makes it all the more fun when they begin to fall in love despite their best intentions!

      Delete
  8. Always looking for new authors and this book sound intriguing!!!! I'll have to put it on my TBR list!!!
    ctibby73@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding me to your TBR pile. I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  9. Very funny. Already added this book to my Wishlist. Can't think of any other books set in Constantinople. Looking forward to reading it.

    yvonnedvn[at]yahoo[dot]ie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna, I would read this book just for the cover alone! What a gorgeous work of art. I think this sounds like a fun and sexy adventure- can't wait to dive in!
    My question is- Mari, how do you deal with Bennet's over-protectiveness? Does it suffocate you or do you feel protected and special? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari: Well, Bennett has yet to learn how to be precise with his language. For instance, the other day he told me not to leave my house that night. He said nothing about the next morning...(Mari sighs) But I admit a small part of me might be glad that someone cares what happens to me.

      Delete
  11. Welcome back to LadyScribes, Anna! It sounds as if Mari has her hands full--but will have a good time with her Major!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna,

    I very excited about your book. The cover reminds me of the old Sinbad movies, which I loooooved! Thanks for being part of the Febutantes. You're an amazing author and all around great gal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A spy and a soldier? You two must be after my heart and I can already picture the sparks flying. Mari and Beau, which of you two have a better shot -rifle wise?

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bennett: (nods) Me. But if I needed to report the exact location of the guns at a fort, I would trust Mari every single time.

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful game, Lady Scribes!

    Anna, I love the chemistry between Mari and Bennett. Can't wait to get my hands on this book!

    Samantha, I was thinking the same thing about the cover. LOVE the old Sinbad movies, with iconic special effects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would make a new Sinbad movie, but they would probably ruin it with too many special effects. :)

      Delete
  15. This book looks so good. Thanks for sharing with us all. I definitely have this one on my wish list.

    iqb99 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like they have both been sneaking looks at each other's talents! Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how I'm getting to meet authors I didn't know about. Will be checking out this book definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love getting to interact with fabukous readers!

      Delete
  18. Hi Anna!

    This post was so cute! I can't wait to read your book. :D Loved that their answers were different, and oh they're just adorable.

    I'm totally blanking on questions, unfortunately - but maybe it's for the best because I don't want to annoy Bennett or have him be separated from Mari for the questioning! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bennett thanks you most heartily for your consideration. ;)

      Delete
  19. Such clever banter lol. I have to say how gorgeous I think your cover is. This sounds like a story I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! I hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  20. I'm really looking forward to reading your book -- the setting is very unique!

    Congratulations on your debut novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am so excited that this book is finally available!

      Delete
  21. Hi Anna,

    I really enjoyed the banter between the Bennett and Mari. I think that this has to go on my "to read" list. It's just the type of book that I enjoy reading. I also love finding new Authors.

    Thank you for this opportunity, and many congratulations on your book release. I do love the cover art too.

    I'm reposting this because my comment before went in as a reply to somebody else's comment instead of a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bennett and Mari sure have a lot of things to banter over before the end of the book! But don't worry, they are too perfect for each other to escape their happily ever after.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Anna, in my excitement, I forgot to leave my email address:-

      dpd333 (at) aol dot com

      Delete
  22. Loved this post :) Thanks for the chance to win!
    brandon_savannah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw....they're so sweet. This book sounds so exotic. I can't wait to read it. Their outfits are so beautiful!
    Thanks for the chance. srbagby50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the jewelry! And the colors on the fabrics!

      Delete
  24. This book has some serious buzz around it, and already I have ordered several copies for different customers. Good luck and congratulations on your release.

    temptnfate13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved their interactions! It fits so perfectly with them :) Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to spend some time with Mari and Bennett again!

      Delete
  26. I'm looking forward to reading A Secret in Her Kiss. I love the exotic setting for the book, and the cover is gorgeous.

    Barbed1951 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking forward to reading A Secret in her Kiss.

    mybeach52@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a super cute idea! What a fun twist! This sounds like a great book. Added it to my TBR pile.

    Thanks for the giveaway.
    bambbles{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I am quite lucky to be able to team up with the other Febutantes. They are an amazing group of authors!

      Delete
  29. I'm always looking for historical romance with different settings/time periods from the norm. Can't wait to read this one. Thanks for the giveaway!

    abbydillon16 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constantinople was such an interesting city to reseach for this book. I hope you love it, too!

      Delete
  30. I read this one last. These were fun posts to read. Would love to win your book.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glag you made it all the way through to mine! I jope you had as much fun as I did writing it.

      Delete
  31. Love this cover! Would love to win this book!
    Cindy H.
    cholub1968@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's really funny.. Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. No questions, but this looks great! Fun interview!

    robindpdx(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooh, what a great comparison. I'll have to ask the Avon Art dept what their inspirations were.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Anna loves this interview so much. It's so funny, are you by any chance also draw like Mari does? Thx:). Wish you all the best:), aretha_zhen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on your debut novel.
    penfield716(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This looks wonderful. I have only recently gotten into historicals, but I love them! This is going on my (very long) TBR pile. ;-D

    Karin Anderson
    AquarianDancer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete