Our Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Febutante Kristen Callihan

Beau: Welcome to another episode of the Nearly Wed Game! I am your host—

Archer to Miranda: We aren’t ‘nearly wed.’ We are wed! Permanently.

Miranda: Yes, I know. Shhh.

Beau: [Looking censoriously] I am your host Beau Brummell--

Archer to Miranda: Why are we here again?

Miranda: Oh, stop. You know very well why. [Blushes] Because I lost that bet with Daisy and Poppy.

Archer: [Chuckling] You mean the one where they bet that you couldn’t –

Miranda: Hush! Now you’re just being vexing!

Archer: [Chuckles some more but affects an innocent tone] I have no idea what you mean.

Miranda: [Trying to hold back a smile] Beast.

Beau: Ahem! As I was saying, today we have Lord Benjamin Archer, Barron Archer of Umberslade and his extremely lovely—

Archer: Eyes up and forward, Brummell.

Beau: -- ah… wife, Lady Miranda Archer. Lord and Lady Archer, despite a number of rather unfortunate rumors surrounding…[Catching Archer’s glare] Never mind… But I really I must ask, Lord Archer, why do you wear that mask?

Archer: [Narrowing eyes] I find wearing a Carnival mask a much better opening to introduction than, ‘How do you do?’ [Inclines head graciously.] One must strive to be noticed these days, hmm?

Beau: [Befuddled] Er… Yes, I see…

Archer: Now, I must ask you. Do you talk to all of your guests this way, or only the ones you want to induce to murder?

Beau: [Pales] M-murder?

Miranda: I think he simply likes to annoy the men, Archer. There were quite a few disgruntled gentlemen in the anteroom, if you remember?

Archer: I remember. I wish I were in there with them now. [Leans in close to Miranda] Though he is quite fun to needle, is he not?

[Miranda suppresses a smile.] Yes, he is rather. But behave.

Archer: Only if you will.

Miranda: Of course I will! [Grins as she gets up from her seat] But I’m not the one stuck on stage. Ta, my dear!

Archer: Wait, what? Miranda! [Rises to follow as she walks away. Calls out after her] You’ll pay for this later, you know.

[Miranda grins over her shoulder.] Thoroughly one hopes!

[Archer clears his throat and sits back down.] All right then, Brummell, out with your questions. [Looks toward the door with longing, and his voice turns gravelly.] Be quick about it. I’ve a revenge to act out.

Beau: Yes, well then, have you shown your wife what lies beneath your mask?

[Archer stares at host. Awkward silence ensues in which Beau begins to squirm]

Archer: Next question.

Beau: Right… Uhm…. Is it true that you…No that one won’t do… All right, here is a good one. Lord Archer if your wife could change anything about herself, what would it be?

Archer: Other than not losing that bet? [Shakes head] I know what she would change, but I won’t say because I wouldn’t want her any other way.

[Miranda sticks her head through the doorway] Oh, Archer! I wouldn’t change a thing about you either, love.

Beau: You eavesdropped! That’s against the rules, madam!

Archer: [Rising] Not a surprise. She does it all the time. [Walks toward his waiting wife.] You ought to have a man guarding the door if that is what you are worried about.

Beau: Where are you going?

Archer: Revenge, remember? [Scoops Miranda up and holds her close] As promised, I intend to be most through.

Miranda: [Nuzzling in close] You always are good to your word.

Archer: Absolutely.

[Beau smiling nervously to the audience.] Well then audience, if you have any questions for Lord of Lady Archer, I’ll be happy to send them directly along. I assure you, they will answer in due course. I think…




One lucky commenter will win a copy of FIRELIGHT. And all U.S. participants will be eligible to win a free Kindle! YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK A QUESTION TO ENTER, BUT WE NEED YOUR NAME.

Be sure to check in throughout the day to meet all of the Febutantes and for more chances to win autographed books and a Kindle. Just leave a comment to have your name entered into the drawing. Leave comments on all six blogs for more chances to win. The contest ends at midnight CST Sunday, February 5th. Winners will be announced Monday evening.

Please visit Kristen at http://www.kristencallihan.com/.

56 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book. This one definitely tops my wish list and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    iqb99 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen

    You're a totally new to me author but the book sounds great, will add to wishlist immediately!

    yvonnedvn[at]yahoo[dot]ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....I'm so loving this couple!!!!! Another book to add to the TBR list!!!!
    ctibby73@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these questions and answers between the couples on the "Newly Wed Game". Some of they are just hysterical and have really cheered me up.

    I love finding new authors too.

    Congratulations on your release Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, forgot email address:-

      dpd333 (at) aol dot com

      Delete
  5. HaHa! I love that they didn't end up answering any questions! Will add to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archer and his wife together are so sweet. I'm looking forward to their adventure. The cover for Firelight is stunning.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ladies,

    Please accept my most profound apologies for quitting the room in such an abrupt manner. My wife -who possesses the curiosity of a cat- has compelled me...Yes you do, Miranda, don't try to deny it now...

    Ahem, that is, we have returned. Should you like to ask us a question -NOT about what is beneath my mask- we shall endeavor to answer it. As long as it is not about the mask...What? Very well... My wife fears I am being superfluous. She *might* be correct... Ouch! Then again, her intuitiveness is one of the many reasons I love her.

    Better? Better.

    Sincerely,

    Lord Benjamin Archer, Baron Archer of Umberslade

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sound like another fun couple I look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very good read! Finding some new authors on here that I will be checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord Archer - Do you have a favorite color that you like to see Lady Archer wear? Lady Archer - Are you an equestrian?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lady Qwill,

    My Lady Archer looks quite fine in gold, as it sets her hair aglow. However, my preference is for her to be out of...Ahem. Gold.

    Regards,

    Lord Archer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lady Qwill,

    Am I an equestrian? I would not go so far as to call myself that. I am a proficient rider, as I learned as a child, but have not had the opportunity to practice much in my later years, due to...let us just call it practical matters.

    Sincerely,

    Lady Archer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen, you're a new to me author - but I definitely need to check out this book now! The post was adorable, and I'm dying to know more about this mask that Archer is wearing!

    Hmmm... a question. When did you Archer first notice Miranda, and vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I have to add how much I like your cover - very striking! It definitely would be a book I would pick up to explore further.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Lady Limecello,

    Lovely name, incidentally. Puts to mind the beverage of the same name, a favorite of mine as it reminds me of my mother's people.

    I first spied Miranda when she was showing off her fencing skills. A shameless, if not entertaining display. However, my, shall we say, impression of her, was set when she coped a feel of my backside. One tends not to forget such things.

    Regards,

    Lord Archer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I knew I liked Lord Archer ;)

      And it's always nice to be an appreciated beverage.

      Delete
  16. Dear Lady Limecello,

    I must correct a egregious error in my husband's note to you. I did NOT "cop a feel" as he so boorishly puts it. I was simply trying to ascertain whether he was carrying any concealed weapons.

    However, I shall admit that in the course of said investigations, I did become aware of other certain assets.

    Sincerely,

    Lady Archer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Catslady,

    Thank you re the cover! I was very pleased with it as well, and continue to thank my cover designer.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoyed the interview of your characters!

    Congratulations on your debut novel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The book sounds great. would love to win it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute. The book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kristen you're a new author to me, but I really 2 can't wait to read your books. Love archer already , can I ask archer what kind of bet that he lose? Thank you:). aretha_zhen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The book sounds amazing!

    Savannah
    brandon_savannah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great couple. Of course, the lack of answers to questions more than intrigued me.

    Congratulations on your novel.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This book sounds so good. Why is he wearing a mask? I can't wait to find out.
    srbagby50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Anonymous,

    Most strange name, by the way, yet I well understand the sentiment. I too prefer my anonymity.

    As to your question, I fear my loyalty to my wife prevents me from answering. That, and I also fear she may singe in an unfortunate area of my anatomy should I reveal the details of that bet. Indeed, she has just answered in the affirmative.

    Kindest Regards,

    Lord Archer

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Lady Shelley,

    Alas, an unfortunate circumstance left me somewhat...altered, and thus forced to wear a mask so as not to reveal my...alteration.

    Your curiosity may be assuaged if you care to read an accounting of my courtship with my lovely wife. I believe the tale is entitled Firelight.

    Regards,

    Lord Archer

    ReplyDelete
  27. This book has intriguied me since I saw it listed at Netgalley. It's on my list for February orders. Congrats on the release!

    temptnfate13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. The books sounds fun The cover is awesome.
    Mary A

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have heard so many wonderful things about this book that I am looking forward to branching out and trying something different for me. Happy release!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved the post, this was fun. I've already got Firelight on my wish list and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    Barbed1951 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lady Archer you are a wonderful person to read about. Such a strong and fearless leading lady regardless of the "adventures" thrown at you. I can only imagine what it is like to be married to Lord Archer. What is the most challenging part of being Lady Archer?

    Kristen, I absolutely loved this book. I absolutely loved this book. this book contained my two favorite genre and it was such a wonderful blend. The characters captured me right from the start and my heart was with Lady Archer the entire story. Awesome job! I am working on a time machine so I can get to August and then jump back to here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking forward to reading Firelight.

    mybeach52@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm always looking for more historical paranormal/fantasy romances. Thanks for the giveaway!

    abbydillon16 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are so funny to read. Another book I would love to win.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the title!
    Cindy H.
    cholub1968@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This couple sounds enchantingly entertaining with quite the mystery surrounding both of them.

    My question for the both of you is if you had to describe the other in one word what would it be?

    Thanks for the giveaway,
    Julia
    bambbles{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a very unusual story & I'd love to read it.

    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sounds like a terrific story!

    ReplyDelete
  39. what another book has to be read, congrats on your debut release ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the cover! Can't wait to read it! :)

    trb917@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the name Archer. It sounds so deliciously perfect for a hero. He sounds rather amusing. I'm definitely putting this on my amazon wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd love to win Firelight!

    Robin D
    robindpdx(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on your novel.
    penfield716(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dear Kristen,

    great way of indroducing the characters :). Would love to win Firelight.

    sm.h(at)gmx(dot)de

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Lady Heeza,

    Thank you most sincerely for the kind words! As to the most challenging aspect of being married to my husband, I can tell you that in our early days, it was getting to divulge even the smallest of confidences -the cagey man.

    Presently, however, my greatest challenge is keeping up with him. Can you not imagine the stamina and exuberance my husband possesses now that he can live out in the open? In truth, I rather love it, though.



    Kindest Regards,

    Lady Miranda Archer

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Heeza,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Firelight. It means a lot to me to hear it!

    As I am currently revising Moonglow, I too would love to have a time machine and jump to August, if only to see how it all turns out! lol. :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Lady Julia,

    One word to describe Miranda? A near impossible task you assign me, I fear. As I loathe to back down from a challenge, however, I shall choose: everything. Miranda is my everything.

    Does that suffice?

    Kindest Regards,

    Lord Archer

    ReplyDelete
  48. Dear Lady Julia,

    Isn't my husband sweet? How can I top that? I would say the same, but refuse to become redundant. Therefore, I shall choose the first word that pops into my head: brave.

    Above all things, my husband is so very brave.

    Sincerely,

    Lady Archer

    ReplyDelete
  49. I wanted to extend a huge thank you to everyone who stopped by -most especially those who commented! Good luck to everyone! And, should you read it, I hope you enjoy Firelight!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is all very entertaining. Have you, by chance, been involved in theatre? As I'm a dancer, I tend to enjoy theatre quite a bit.

    Karin Anderson
    AquarianDancer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Karen,

    No theater experience for me. I do, however, come from a long line of total hams; we all live to tell a wild yarn. Perhaps it's the Irish in our blood...? ;-)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  52. Now this looks interesting! Congrats on the book!
    Kamasutra128@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely to meet you (again!), my Lord and Lady.

    Congratulations, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  54. LOL! I want to know what bet it was that Miranda lost.

    thumbelinda03@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete