Our Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Febutante Samantha Grace

Welcome to the final episode of The Nearly Wed Game. This hour is brought to you by Samantha Grace, author of an exciting new regency romance series. Her debut book, Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, was named as one of Publishers Weekly’s Top 10 Romances for Spring. Available February 7th wherever books are sold.

And now here’s our host Beaaauuu Brummell!

“Hello, London!” The very dashing Beau glides across stage to greet a couple waiting with arms linked. “Let’s meet our contestants, shall we? A month ago Lord Andrew Forest was more likely to be found in the gaming hells than London ballrooms. He claimed he wasn’t made for love, not from the heart anyway, yet here he is on the brink of becoming leg-shackled to feisty heiress and tree-climbing aficionado, Miss Lana Hillary. The couple has travelled all the way from Northumberland to join us today. Miss Hillary. My lord. I pray your journey was pleasant.”

“Quite pleasurable, thank you,” Lord Andrew says.

Miss Hillary fusses with her skirts, avoiding eye contact. “I haven’t any complaints.”

Lord Andrew flashes a dimpled grin. “They never do.”

“Perhaps we could discuss this later. In private.” She smiles politely at Beau. “Pardon my curiosity, sir, but what is the purpose of this call?”

“I will pose a question to you, Miss Hillary, and you must predict Lord Andrew’s answer. Then at the end of our show, we will open the floor to readers so they may ask anything they wish. Shall we begin? My lord, if you will please retire to the green room.”

Miss Hillary brushes a lock of red hair behind her ear. “Any questions readers wish? Why, that sounds…delightful.”

“I hope the green parlor is stocked with brandy,” Lord Andrew grumbles as he walks away.

Beau’s gaze follows Lord Andrew off stage. “Not that door. That’s my dressing room.”

“Aha, wine! That will do.”

“I must insist you halt, sir. Lord Andrew? Damnation!” Beau dashes off stage while Miss Hillary giggles. “Lord Andrew, bring that back at once!”

WE’RE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AT THIS TIME. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Lord Andrew has rejoined Miss Hillary and Beau on stage when we return.

Beau glares at Lord Andrew. “Shall we hear what the lady had to say about you, my lord?”

“This should be interesting. One never knows what delightful thoughts are bouncing around in that charming head. Although one often finds out quick enough.”

“It’s rumored you’re an expert on horseflesh,” Beau says.

“Among other things," Lord Andrew says and winks at Miss Hillary.

Beau clears his throat. “There are those rumors as well, but perhaps we should stick to the question.”

“It’s your soiree, chap. Ask away.”

“Twas my bottle of wine, too,” Beau grumbles before consulting a piece of foolscap. “If you were a horse, what breed would you be?”

Lord Andrew whispers to Miss Hillary. “You didn’t say a gelding, did you?”

“Heavens, no! Even I know a gelding isn’t a breed.”

The worry-line between his brows disappears. “A Thoroughbred then. And Miss Hillary is an Arabian. She’s graceful, intelligent, uncharacteristically brave, and the best of companions.”

“What a lovely sentiment, Drew.” She blushes and holds up the card with her answer.

Lord Andrew bursts into laughter. “A unicorn?”

“What’s wrong with a unicorn? They’re unique.”

Beau frowns. “I’m afraid the judges don’t allow for fictional creatures.”

Lord Andrew puts his arm around Miss Hillary and ignores their host. “You know, the green parlor boasts very comfortable furnishings.”

“Oh? I would like to see it.”

“Then you may retire to the parlor now, Miss Hillary,” Beau says. “It’s time to ask Lord Andrew—”

The couple wanders toward the stage exit.

“Wait! I didn’t ask Lord Andrew about the last devious thing he did.”

“He enlisted his younger sister’s help to get close to me,” Miss Hillary calls over her shoulder.

Most recently I diverted the attentions of your unwanted suitor, my sweet.”

“You did? How did you accomplish that feat?”

“It was easy. Allow me to share the details over a glass of wine.”

Their voices fade as they leave the stage.

Beau extracts a handkerchief from his jacket and blots his forehead. “It appears our guests have pressing matters requiring attention. Perhaps they’ll return later. Anyone leaving a comment or question for our couple will be entered into the drawings for Ms. Grace’s book, as well the grand prize drawing for a...”

Looks at foolscap again.

“What is a blasted Kindle? Could someone please summon the couple back? Wait a minute! That’s my wine.” Drops the foolscap and storms off stage.

Announcer: Beau? Is anyone there? [loud sigh] My apologies ladies and gentlemen. It appears Lord Andrew and Miss Hillary prefer to avoid inquiries, but if you would like to pose a question anyway, we’ll try to urge them back onstage.


One lucky commenter will win a copy of MISS HILLARY SCHOOLS A SCOUNDREL. And all U.S. commenters will be eligible to win a free Kindle! YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK A QUESTION TO ENTER, BUT WE NEED YOUR NAME.


Leave comments on all six blogs for more chances to win. The contest ends at midnight CST Sunday, February 5th. Winners will be announced Monday evening.


You can learn more about Samantha's bachelors at www.samanthagraceauthor.com.

93 comments:

  1. LOL. They sound delightful!!!! I see my TBR list getting longer and longer!!!!!!
    ctibby73@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherthib!

      I'm glad you enjoyed Drew and Lana. They have been so fun for me as a writer. :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for the book to come out !! Love every thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Can you believe the day is almost here? It seemed so far away not long ago.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading your debut novel! (Just waiting for my copy to arrive!)

    Congratulations to all the Febutantes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tin,

      Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel. :)

      Delete
  4. These scenes have all been very funny, great day, great giveaway and the wishlist is getting longer and longer, yay.

    yvonnedvn[at]yahoo[dot]ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Beebs. I hope we can help fulfill some of your wishlist this weekend. Good luck in the drawing! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great book. I am so glad I found this site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiki!

      I'm glad you found us, too. :)

      Delete
  6. LOL Samantha! I love it! I have to admit I completely fell in love with Samantha's writing on this book. The very adorable tree-climbing Lana won my heart the moment I critiqued this story. It's still my favorite of all her stories. I know readers will enjoy this story as much as I did. Great post, I've enjoyed all of them so far. And no I don't need to win a copy as I am hoping to get my own personally signed one as soon as it comes out. I love ya, Sam, and good luck with the debut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, too, Suze! You're a great friend and critique partner. Thanks for all of your support! HUGS!!!

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha lord Andrew made me laugh for sure . Thank you for this delightful interview w ms. Hillary and lord Andrew . May I as one question to lord Andrew why he chose to resemble himself with thoroughbred ? Thx:), aretha_zhen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Andrew [blue eyes sparkling & dimples appearing]: My dear Lady Aretha, as you may or may not know, only an English Thoroughbred can be listed in the General Stud Book. I shall allow that fact to speak for itself.

      Delete
  8. I've had a great time today reading all the Newly Wed banter between themselves and their loved ones. Thank you so much for all of the entertainment Samantha and for introducing so many new Authors to me and everybody else.

    All of these books sound exciting with very delicious characters and amazing chemistry between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,

      It has been a pleasure working with these talented, creative ladies. Readers are in for a treat! I'm so glad you had time to stop by and chat with all of us. Happy reading!

      Delete
    2. Ooops, sorry, forgot my email address.

      dpd333 (at) aol dot com

      Delete
  9. What a great way to introduce characters. This sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MA! I've been very entertained today by everyone's characters. :)

      Delete
  10. A thoroughbred and an arabian are perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is on my TBR list. That cover is something else. This is a new author for me. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelley! Isn't that cover awesome? Sourcebooks did an amazing job.

      Delete
  12. I'm looking forward to reading this thanks for the chance to win!!

    brandon_savannah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Savannah! And thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  13. These have all cracked me up today! ;) Will be reading soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhi,

      I'm so glad we gave you a laugh today. :)

      Delete
  14. I loved their interaction. But I've loved this couple since the first time I read them. Congrats on the debut, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. You've been a great support, wonderful critique partner, & outstanding Lady Scribe. :)

      Delete
  15. Congrats Samantha! You know I've been following since long before it hit the shelves! I need another one already LOL. Can book two please hurry!

    temptnfate@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I better hurry and finish with proofreading the second book so it can go to press. :)

      Glad you were able to make it!

      Delete
  16. What fun this book sounds--I can't wait to read it! I've already got a copy of the book headed to me but please enter my name in the drawing for the Kindle.

    Thanks, Laura
    heartoftexasbooks[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun book. Great interaction. I'm looking forward to read this book. Thanks for the chance to win.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  18. Yay, its almost release day, congrats! Loved the interactions for the Nearly Wed Game, I will have to back track and read the rest of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It's good to (virtually) see you. :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on the release of Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel. It sounds like a fantastic story and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Barbed1951 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. And good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  20. Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, sounds like a great book, just added it to my TBR list ! Good luck with the release, and this was a really fun blog post :)

    kym
    krykym(at)fullchannel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kym! I wish you luck in the drawing, too. :)

      Delete
  21. Can't wait to read more about these great characters!! U r an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're sweet, Dana. Thank you.

      Did your copy arrive yet? You'll have to tease Nancy with it. ;)

      Delete
  22. Looking forward to reading Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel.

    mybeach52@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to win Samantha Grace's debut novel!
    Cindy H.
    cholub1968@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! We'll add your name. To increase your chances of winning, be sure to visit all of the blogs and leave a comment if you haven't already. :)

      Delete
  24. I look forward to reading this book. Great job!
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I always have fun with Lana and Drew, and I hope you will, too. :)

      Delete
  25. Thanks for the giveaway!

    abbydillon16 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cover! Oh la la!! Sounds like a great read!! Congratulations!!
    lisakhutson (at) [cox] {dot}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isn't he dreamy??? I can't decide which cover I like better, though: Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel or Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half. Drew has some tough competition for best half-dressed. :D

      Delete
  27. My question to Lord Andrew would be this--
    "What color are Miss Hillary's eyes?"

    LP:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Andrew: Excellent question, madame. I do believe they change color. I could have sworn they were blue in the garden, but under the candlelight they were most definitely green. Of course, most times I'm too distracted by her lips to study them closely.

      Now, if you will excuse me, I have another engagement. ;)

      Delete
  28. This one also sounds like a good read! Adding to my list now!

    Thanks for the giveaway,
    Julia
    bambbles{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love to try new authors & this sounds like a good story!

    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Meeting these characters are a real treat and many of their personalities seem to shine. I have taken a liking to many. Congratulations on all the debuts and wishing everyone much success.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Na! On behalf of all the Febutantes, we appreciate your well-wishes. :)

      Delete
  31. The cover alone would make someone pick it up and want to read it.
    catlover0112 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regencygirl01,

      I've heard many people say the same thing. Is it weird that I carry him around the house with me? LOL! JK, sorta. ;D

      Delete
  32. This sounds like such a fun story! I love debut authors/books/series. Good luck on the release (which happens to be on my birthday)!

    Karin Anderson
    AquarianDancer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Happy birthday a little early, Karin! Maybe you'll win a birthday present from the Febutantes.

      Delete
  33. Hooray, Sam! What a great Febutante Ball! Many congrats to you and all the debut authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Deb! It has been an amazing day. :)

      Delete
  34. This looks great!

    robindpdx(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking us out! And good luck in the drawing. :)

      Delete
  35. the title book make me so interest and the cover look so yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's a win-win situation. Even if you never open the book, you get to look at the gorgeous Lord Andrew. :)

      Delete
  36. Great interview! So...how did he divert her unwanted suitor's attention? Oh, wait, I'll have to read it to find out, huh? ;)
    Congrats on your upcoming release!

    trb917@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice try, Tina. LOL! Thanks for the congrats. I'm really very excited.

      Delete
  37. Thank you an enjoyable post. Lord Andrew Forest certainly appears to be a scoundrel, in the best way of course. He is goint to keep Mis Hillary busy.

    librarypat AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Lord Andrew keeps everyone on his toes! He's one of my favorite scoundrels. :)

      Delete
  38. lol Samantha I jumped on as soon as I got home! Then I had to hit the books, you Scribes do seem to love doing contests when my homework hits the hardest lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,

      We coordinate it with your professors. ;D

      Delete
  39. LOL- I love the line about what is a blasted kindle. That was awesome! Sounds like a fantastic book. I'm off to order it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren!

      This was a fun project and the other authors are great to work with. :)

      Delete
  40. I'd love to win this book!

    Robin D
    robindpdx(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added your name, Robin! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  41. LOL! What an amusing interview. Lord Andrew sounds funny!

    thumbelinda03@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. He made me laugh a lot when I was writing the story. He's one of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  42. Congratulations on your soon to be released debut. Fun concept. A unicorn is a great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on your debut.
    penfield716(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I entered you into the drawing.

      Delete
  44. Beautiful cover..hubba hubba, looking forward to reading this, I love new authors.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila! I've added your name to the list. Good luck!

      PS - I wonder how many people would enter to win a date with the cover model. ;D

      Delete
  45. OOPS!!!!

    smulholland62@msn.com

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sounds like a fun read!
    Kamasutra128@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete