Our Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Welcome Scarlet Wilde

Thank you, LadyScribes, for allowing me to be your guest today. I will be honest, I do not blog much. However, I do enjoy reading them. I tend to fly under the radar, simply happy to write and enjoy my books being published. I know as an author, we should be out there in the community, but it is not my comfort zone, so to speak. But since I have been told to be more visible, I am taking a step into the blogging world.

There is little to tell about myself. I am married to a wonderful man and we share our home with an adorable Labrador who isn’t nearly as intimidating as she thinks she is. She has a fierce bark, and if you couldn’t see her, perhaps she would be scary. But, the tail wagging at the same time is a dead giveaway that you are more likely to be licked and jumped on than bitten.

I think pets bring warmth to a household. They add a layer of love that is not attainable with mere humans. You see, people argue, love, fight and experience a whole array of emotions. But with a dog or a cat, the love is unconditional. They don’t get mad, yell or give you the silent treatment. They greet you with open paws when you come home and curl at your feet when you relax (when not trying to crawl in your lap). I should point out that my husband doesn’t yell or give me the silent treatment, but when you have been married for ten plus years, there have been a few arguments. He doesn’t curl up at my feet either, in case you were wondering.

There is nothing like a beloved pet to make your life complete. But interesting, none of my characters have ever had a pet. I hadn’t realized that until I began writing this blog post. It may be because I only write short stories, short erotic stories to be exact, and there hasn’t really been a reason to add a pet. I will have to change that. There should be no reason why my hero can’t have a dog or heroine a cat.

My newest series, Vixens of Versailles, is finished, otherwise I would attempt to bring in a beloved pet. I may just have to add an additional story for that purpose.

TheVixens of Versailles is a series of historical erotic romances which take place amongst the many gardens and groves of Versailles.

Succumb to the heat and passion amongst the groves and gardens of the palace.

Cascade of Desire
Raina Benoit, lonely, full of desire, waiting upon the whims of the court. She longed for the touch of a man again, tired of relying on herself. One man in particular could fill that need.

Andre Raison had wanted Raina since before her husband died. Now he has one night to prove they were destined for a life of passion.

Excerpt:
He stepped into the pool. The splash must have alerted her because Raina’s head snapped up and her pale blue eyes looked right at him. Her arms moved to shield her body.
“Don’t.” He continued to walk toward her.
“I didn’t know you were here.” Raina’swords were a hushed whisper.
“Would you have stopped had you known?” He already knew the answer.
Raina looked down and away, her face flushed further. “Of course.”
“Which is why I remained silent.” He brought his hand up to caress her cheek. “You are so beautiful.”


Servant to Passion
Jeanette Nouel was tired of her lonelyexistence. Virtuous, despite being widowed, did not entice gentlemen in a court where most widows were free with their favors. In order to attract the one man she desired, Jeanette would need to step out of her shell, and become a slave to passion.

For Jacques Karol there was only one woman he wished to spend his nights with, if only she would have him.

Excerpt:
Jacques made his way down the slope and onto the lawn where he paused on a rock and removed his boots and stockings. He turned at the sound of ripping material. Jeanette had followed him and had torn away a portion of her gown, if that is what one could call the filmy piece of material.
“I will wash you.”
“There is no need.”
A smile pulled at her lips. “I want to.” She took his hand and led him into the water.

Tell me how your pet or pets have fulfilled your life and you will be entered to win an ebook copy of Cascade of Desire and Servant to Passion.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us today, Scarlet. I've had cats for years now, and they always keep me entertained. Better still, when I am feeling down or sick, or just not myself, they are always there to give me unconditional love. I may (often!) complain about some of their quirks, but I don't really want to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few complaints about the dog, such as I can't see her in the dark and have a tendency to trip over her because she will lay down in the middle of the floor. But, I would miss her terribly if she were gone.

      Delete
  2. Scarlet ~ I've had pets all my life. Both cats and dogs, who I love very much. When I was a child, my dog would follow me around from friend's house to friend's house. My mother says she could look out the front door and know where I was, because he would be on whosever's front porch, waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava, my first pet was a Lab, who was always with me too. I was so attached to him that Labs are the only dogs I've ever wanted.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to Lady Scribes, Scarlet. I love the masks on your covers!

    I've always had pets growing up, but I'm really not a pet person. It's sad but true. :} We have a puppy(actually, she's fully grown but still acts like one) that we rescued from the SPCA and she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marquita, thank you. I think most dogs stay in the puppy state no matter how big they get. And, all of my pets have come from the animal shelter. I am a huge believer in rescuing animals.

      Delete
  4. So nice to meet you, Scarlet! Our cat Nosey mostly helps me by making me get up and out of the chair 17 times a day to let her in and out. :-) But today she's snuggled up with my youngest, who is not feeling well. Pets do know, don't they?
    Best of luck with your series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Deb! She's "helping" by making you get out of your chair 17 times a day? That's so generous of her.

      Delete
    2. Deb, I think it is amazing how animals just sense we are not feeling good, physically or emotionally. We ended up getting a screen door with a dog door in it so weren't letting her out so often. In the summer it is great. Unfortunately she can't get to it in the winter, so I am up and down on a regular basis. She goes to my husband in the early morning hours (he has the duty of feeding her).

      Delete
    3. Ava--of course! She knows it's bad for us to sit all day without getting up and moving. I'm sure she only does it out of concern for my circulation. :-)

      No pet door for us, Scarlet! We live too far out. We'd end up with possums and coons and who knows what coming in for a snack.

      Delete
  5. Your series is definitely intriguing.
    Well, I currently have a dog who is entertaining at times. He would be consider our first child because we got him four months after being married. He will be 9 this year. Over all he has been a loving dog who takes a lot from our 2 kids. Diego is his name. I sometimes call him my little pet whore because he doesn't care who is petting him as long as he is getting petted. However, he is loved here.

    countessofmar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "pet whore"? That's hilarious, Melody. :)

      Delete
    2. Melody, I am with Ava, that is funny.

      Delete
  6. Although I like dogs, I'm a cat person. I noticed that whenever I mentioned an animal/pet in one of my erotic romances, it was always a cat. So I finally decided to make a cat an actual character. A cat is featured as a minor character who brings the hero and heroine together in an upcoming release of mine. Maybe now I'll get it out of my system. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara, that sounds like a fun read. I have nothing against cats (except long-haired cats set off my allergies), I am just more partial to dogs. Congrats on the release of your upcoming book.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your new release. I have 4 small dogs who have become part of our family. They are spoiled childrenwho love me on my good and bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, it is so easy to spoil a pet. Wow, 4 small dogs. I am not sure I could handle that many. One or two is my limit, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarlet! Welcome to the Lady Scribes! I love that that your series takes place somewhere other than England. Such a fascinating place too. I can't wait to read it!

    I have/ had a shih tzu named Peppy Le'Pew who is my life but when we moved into the new apartment, they unfortunately don't allow pets. So my mother is taking care of him until I can figure out the next step in my life which is hopefully, fingers crossed, a house of my own finally. I miss him terribly and she says he mope's around a lot without me here. But the good news is I live closer to my mother now than I ever have before so it's just a twenty minute drive and do get to see him every other weekend or so. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Suzie, so sorry you had to give up your pet (for now!). But, at least you had a place he could go and you could visit.

      Delete
  10. Totally agree with your comment on unconditional love from pets. Ours is a dog household; & it's so lovely to be greeted when we come home or 1st thing in the morning when we open the front door. The one who spoils the dog in our house is my dad tho! He used to be a terrifying disciplinarian when we were kids but he lets the dog get away with an & everything & spoils her rotten. He'll probably tell us the dog is better behaved than us kids :p

    thumbelinda03@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, that is funny about your dad. I have seen it with many adults. Kids may not be able to do a thing right, but the dog is perfect, even if they slobber all over the place - lol.

      Delete
  11. Congrats Cara Bristol! You have won a copy of Cascade of Desire
    Congrats Melody May! You have won a copy of Servant of Passion

    Thanks to everyone for stopping by and commenting.

    Cara and Melody, send me an e-mail to WildeScarlet@gmail.com and let me know what format you prefer: Kindle, Nook, PDF or through Smashwords.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dog keeps me company.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these sound great, Scarlet. I've added them to my kindle wish list, and congratulations on their release!

    Tam :)

    ReplyDelete