Our Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Romantic Times Convention: The Silly Side

Whew! I think I’m finally settled after a crazy week in Chicago, which was followed by a crazy week trying to get our 2-year-old resettled at home (she spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa)

This was my first year attending the Romantic Times Convention in Chicago, and the hubby and I were super excited to get our par-tay on with all our friends that we only get to see once a year. It did become glaringly apparent that what we now think of as "partying" is more like "having a few drinks,  some dinner and going to bed by 10pm." We totally weren't prepared for the late nights AND the early mornings, or the relentless pace of the conference during the day! EXHAUSTED!

But, when you only get to see your "girlz" once a year, you suck it up! So we had as much fun as we possibly could while we were there, at the expense of our physical and mental health, neither of which got a break when we picked up our toddler upon our return.

Cathering Gayle showed you some great pics of the conference last week, but I had a few shots stowed away on my phone that no one knew about. I wish I had more, but here's a tiny taste of our sillier side....

This one is from the night we went to the really bad Mexican restaurant near the hotel and half of us got food poisoning! It was also the night we started calling ourselves Eric's Harem #ericsharem

Samantha Grace, Jane Charles and me...licking Jane's face :)

Jane in her boa, showing off that she made it to Duchess status

Ava in the bar...not sure if she's chewing her food or has just had an OMG! moment


My husband, the baroness (with a feather duster)

I still don't know what happened here, but somehow Samantha Grace ended up at Ava Stone's feet??

 I won't say who's bowing (she'll kill me!), but seriously...how does everyone end up at Ava's feet???

And in the end, the RT Sheriff booked us for having way too much fun!

And since Jerrica said I could add this pic of her... Here she is in her natural habitat, iPhone in hand. (You're welcome! ~ Ava)

I hope you've all enjoyed the sillier side of RT with the Lady Scribes! Happy Monday!!

-Jerrica, Her Grace of Grammar

48 comments:

  1. Jerrica,

    The bowing LS isn't the only one who is going to strangle you. ;D

    It's always fun when we get together, but next year we're taking your phone away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the camera, too. She didn't just use her phone camera. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Heehee :) You can take mine away, but Eric will still be there ;)

      Delete
    3. LOL omg you're killing me! I love it!!!!

      Delete
  2. So, Jerrica...clearly you didn't read the part of my blog last week that talked about bribes for keeping certain things quiet. LOL. I think some people are going to be ready to strangle you after this.

    I do love the shot of Eric, the baroness. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My question is why a baroness be carring a feather duster?

      Delete
    2. Was he a baroness? I thought he was a chambermaid (which would make sense for the feather duster).

      But "my husband, the baroness" is a much funnier tagline. ;)

      Delete
    3. Lydia, he answered some kind of bonus question to get his boa and the baroness name tag! LOL!

      Delete
    4. At least your husband the barroness is a good sport about it. My husband would just look at me with "your crazy" look.

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear. I am not sure what to say. I think you should be glad you live so far away from the rest of us - LOL.

    The shot of Eric, is the best. Now, time to teach your daughter how to use that feather duster. It is never to early ;).

    By the way, we missed you guys at the Spring Fling this last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I ain't afraid of you! LOL!

      So wish we could have been at SF -- think of how many more embarrassing pics we could have taken!!! ;)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the photos! It's great to see all my fellow writers having fun. Hopefully I will get to join you next year...but I might hide your phone in advance. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I better keep a tight rein on my phone next year! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Jerrica- fantastic pics. Makes me want to see one in person. Thanks for sharing. I bet nobody is going to make fun of your phone case again. Tho I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still make fun of her phone case. If I knew how to attach the photo I took of Jerrica in her natural habitat (ie - texting/tweeting with the phone case on display) I would add it here. But alas - I'm not terribly technical. ;)

      Delete
    2. I still like her case and would sport one too. She's probably thankful that you can can't. ; )

      Delete
    3. Melody, I hope you can make one in person one day!!! And thanks for liking my phone case :)

      Ava, if you want to add it to the post, feel free! I'm a great sport about having embarrassing pics posted of me...unlike *some* people. LOL!

      Delete
    4. Me too! It would be awesome if Melody could make it in person one day!

      Delete
  6. So cute. Glad #ericsharem had a great time. Your honey looks like he's such a blast to hang out with, Jerrica!

    Hope I get to go next year and get in RT jail with y'all. hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marquita - We might just end up in jail if you're with us. LOL!

      Delete
    2. LOL! I'll take that as a compliment. hee!

      Delete
  7. Why is everyone always at my feet? It's a secret I can't divulge. ;)

    Great pics! It was so much seeing everyone at RT and being part of Eric's Harem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you push them down??? LMAO!

      Delete
    2. LMAO!!!!

      Um... no!

      I think it's my genius. They just can't seem to help themselves. LOL!

      Delete
    3. ROFLMAO!!! I was gonna say because she trips them!!!

      Delete
    4. Now how would that explain the bowing, I ask you? Nope, it's my genius. They're simply in awe.

      Delete
    5. Genius and Awe??? More like humoring you - LOL

      Delete
  8. Isn't it fun to get together with people you only get to see every once in a while? That's how it is when I get to see my best friend out in Berkeley, CA. Lots of fun and crazy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO fun, Olivia! Crazy pics are what it's all about! LOL!

      Delete
  9. So much fun! Except for the food poisoning. :-) Damned footman!

    I still vow I am never going to another conference without a smart phone.


    Deb
    proud member of #ericsharem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Love your siggy, Deb! And yes, all fun except the middle-of-the-night detox. LOL!

      Delete
    2. We really should have started an #evilfootman hash tag after that...

      Delete
  10. Another excellent showing by #ericsharem. No surprises here :) Great times, ladies. Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies, our leader has arrived! LOL!

      Delete
    2. We were leaderless at Spring Fling last week! So good to have the gang all back together. ;)

      Delete
  11. ROFL I love these!!! Oh man, I wish I could have gone. Last October when there were only four of us together we laughed until our sides hurt so I can only imagine what it would be like when you an entire harem of Lady Scribes together. Oh, too funny. I needed that this morning!

    I still totally think Ava tripped everyone LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it up, Suzie - and I'll trip you next time I see you. ;)

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha! Totally!! (we are SO getting tripped next time we see her! LOL)

      Delete
    3. ROFL!! The floor and I have met on several occasions lately, it'll totally be worth it I think. LOL!!

      Delete
    4. BTW I totally just got the eye, didn't I? LOL the you are dead when I see you again!

      Delete
  12. Wow! It looks like you all had such a great time! The pics are FAB!! One of these yeas I will get there, if for no other reason then to wear an AWESOME costume! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, it is SO fun -- you'll definitely have to make one soon!

      Delete
    2. I did not bring any costumes, Cynthia. It was my first time, and it was pretty expensive already, so I didn't think I could justify the expense. But next year, I will definitely look at all of the themes and see if I can come up with a good costume or two. :)

      Delete
    3. That's my favorite part: having an excuse to where an outrageous costume!! Good times were definitely had by all :)

      Delete
    4. And you looked fabulous, dahling!

      Delete
  13. Love the pics, especially the one of Eric's harem.

    ReplyDelete