Our Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Name that Author!



Continuing with the trivia theme this week, do you know your favorite authors well? If you spotted a quote from one of them would you know who said it? Let’s test your knowledge. The first person to name each author (without googling the answers btw lol) wins a ten dollar egiftcard from Starbucks. This coffee’s on me. Enjoy.

And then for the second half of this contest we’re doing a “Name that Lady Scribe” contest. We’ll each post a small tidbit of information about ourselves that you can find somewhere on our websites (so it’s not hard to find, all you have to do is search) or in our bio here on the Lady Scribes website. The winner will take home a copy of my latest release Valkyrie’s Vengeance as well as

Name that Author!

This author won her third Rita award in 2010 and was inducted into the Romance Writer’s Hall of Fame, who is she?

This is the author of the famous three-armed cover released back in 1994 that rocketed her career to stardom. Do you know the cover and the author?

During a blizzard in February 1979 this author needed to find another creative outlet: Writing. She was snowed in with a three year old and a six year old with no respite in sight and a dwindling supply of Chocolate. Who was she?

 This author was named Miss Massachusetts in 1985 during the Miss America competition. Hmmm can you guess?

This author was born in Germany where her soldier father was stationed. Can you name her?
This author has lived in both England and Egypt as well as several America states, and has traveled extensively around the world. Name that author!

Name that Lady Scribe! The person who gets all of them right will win a copy of Valkyrie’s Vengeance.

This Lady didn’t read her first romance until she was about to go off to Law School. Name that Lady!

This Lady traveled with the national touring company of My Fair Lady. Can you guess who it was?

This Lady wants to be on the Price is Right wearing a t-shirt that says “If I win, I’ll name my next hero Drew!” Guess who?

This Lady travels extensively and last year she traveled to St. Thomas, the 
Bahamas, and St.Marten and she’s headed to New Orleans in a few weeks! Name that Lady!

This Lady grew up in the middle of corn fields with her face in a book. Take a gander!


This Lady loves to cook when she can find the time and the first year she was married she never repeated a meal or menu. 


There you have it! Looking forward to seeing the answers! Good luck!





   

32 comments:

  1. This has been great fun reading these post. Even if I could phrase it right google and I have issues when it comes to things. I think it would take me forever and by that time someone else would have the answers. A couple of the Lady Scribe ones I could probably take a stab at those. After I got a couple more hours asleep. Dog woke me up and we are having issues with him and the new house.

    So, I will check back in. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Melody, the first set are really popular authors so you can take a stab at it! Good luck! And I'm glad it's been fun!

      Delete
  2. I'll check in too...eager to see who these Ladies are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are tough! I don't know the answers, and I am wondering about a LadyScribe (or two) also. Maybe I just need more coffee. Yep, that is it. More coffee to get the brain working and then maybe I can figure these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jane, coffee always works wonders for me!

      Delete
  4. Good luck, everyone! I can't wait to find out more about the three-armed cover. I'm intrigued. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yay! Ava knows one! That one was tough to answer I think. Not everyone knows that. Thanks for stopping in you two!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. is which one though? Take a guess. I guess I should have numbered them though lol. Ahh well, I was extremely tired last night. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

      Delete
  6. Good luck to you all. I have an idea on some of them...but I'm sure I don't know them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I know some of them - but not all. :)

      Delete
  7. Hmm only can guess three Lisa kleypas, Nora Roberts , Johanna Lindsey , arethazhenATrocketmailDotcom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the 2010 Rita Winner was Julia Quinn and the 3 armed cover was Christina Dodd.

    I have no clue on the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the two I knew as well, Beth. I'll be interested to see what the others are :)

      Delete
  9. Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite authors so I knew right away the tidbit about her being a Miss Massachusetts in 1985 during the Miss America competition. That's pretty cool.

    The rest I'm not sure.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Great guess! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  10. Fun post, Melissa. The only one I knew was the Lisa Kleypas one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me use your idea, Julie! It was super fun!

      Delete
  11. These are so cool, Suzie! What a fun idea. You and Julie should team up for Romance Jeopardy or something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah we should! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  12. Fun game, Suzie! I think I knew 4 of the first ones--pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing good to know four of them! Thanks for stopping in and playing the game with us, Deb!

      Delete
  13. My guesses are Julia Quinn, Christina Dodd, Nora Roberts, Lisa Kleypas, Johanna Lindsey and Jane Feather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh! you got them all but the last one correct! And don't forget to leave your email to be eligible to win! If no one can figure out that last author, we'll do a drawing of the people who knew all four. Thanks for stopping in!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops.

    janie1215 AT excite DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, no one is guessing which ladies did what I'll take a stab at that. My answers will probably be wrong, but hey I know I can't do the other one cause I totally didn't know any of the well know authors (head in shame).

    So here goes
    1. Heather Boyd
    2. Jerrica Knight-Catania
    3. Samantha Grace
    4. Suzie Grant
    5. Jane Charles
    6. Olivia Kelly

    Again this is a complete guess. I would be surprise if I get one even right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Melody. You totally get points for trying and we love you for that!

      Delete
  17. Okay the answers for the first contest are as follows: Julia Quinn, Christina Dodd, Nora Roberts, Lisa Kleypas, Johanna Lindsey and Jude Deveaureax

    And the answers for the Name that Lady contest are: Julie, Jerrica, Erin, Jodie, Andris and Jane.

    Good tries everyone! The winner of the Starbucks giftcard is Jane. She's the first one that got all but one right. Congratulations Jane! I'll be emailing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Suzie. Will be on the lookout for your email.

    ReplyDelete