Our Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

An Interview with Inspirational Author Margaret Daley

Hi everyone!

I am so thrilled to be hosting inspirational author Margaret Daley. When my first book was released, I was a mess--I had no idea how to promote it or what to expect. My editor at the time was Melissa Endlich, and she put me in touch with Margaret. And it was awesome that she did. Margaret is a fount of information and support for all of us struggling Love Inspired authors, as well as a pretty darn fantastic writer on her own. 

Author Margaret Daley. Photograph provided by Ms. Daley.

If you've been living under a rock and never heard of Margaret, here's a little background information:

 
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of eighty-three books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.

Forty years?!? I thought I was doing well with my seventeen! Congratulations to Margaret and her husband.

You can also catch up with Margaret via all her social media links:



Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/margaretdaleybooks
And now, on to the interview!

LG: What made you choose to write inspy romance?
MD: The Lord gave me a story I could only tell as an inspirational romance. That started my journey writing for the Lord, and I haven't regretted or looked back since.

LG: How do you get in the mood to write?
MD: I'm organized, disciplined and stay on a schedule. I write so many words a week. If I don't make my word count for the day, that's all right. I can make it up the next day. Less stress than using a daily word count as my goal.

LG: Have you considered writing in another genre?
MD: No. I like a story with a romantic thread. I write several different kinds of romances--contemporary, suspense and historical.

LG: Name 1 historical figure who inspires you and why.
MD: Mother Teresa because she was giving and caring to others--such an inspiring woman.

LG: Finish this sentence: "If I couldn't write, I would..."
MD: I would teach--I was a teacher before I retired to write full-time.

And now, the lightning round! Choose 1:

Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds--the stone for the month I'm born in.
Dogs or cats? Sorry can't pick one. I've had both dogs and cats and love them equally.
Brad Pitt or George Clooney? Brad Pitt--recently saw him on the TV in a perfume commercial. He was dynamite!

Margaret is so prolific--she has two books out now. Here's a little taste of each one:

Shattered Silence. Cover image furnished by Ms. Daley.
 
A serial killer is targeting illegal aliens in southern Texas. Texas Ranger Cody Jackson is paired with a local police officer, Liliana Rodriguez, to investigate the murders. 



While the case brings Cody and Liliana ever closer, the tension between Americans and Mexican Americans heightens. As Cody and Liliana race to discover who is behind the murders and bring peace to the area, what they uncover isn’t what they expected. Will Cody and Liliana’s faith and love be strong enough to survive the storm of violence?

Christmas Stalking. Cover image supplied by Ms. Daley.

Bodyguard Ellie St. James has one objective: protect her client…without letting her know. Pretending to be Rachel "Winnie" Winfield's assistant lets Ellie stay close, but there's an unexpected complication—Colt Winfield. Winnie's grandson wasn't in on the plans, and the suspicious marine biologist isn't easy to fool. When the truth comes out, so do more threats to Winnie's life. Trapped on a Colorado mountain, Ellie and Colt must trust each other to guard Winnie and find the stalker. Before this Christmas becomes their last.

Margaret is very generously giving away an autographed copy of each book at Lady Scribes today! To be eligible to enter the giveaway, leave a relevant comment below and be sure to include your email address. Thank you for stopping by today, Margaret!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, wow congratulation of your 83 books ! That is a very awesome milestone! I love the excerpt of your book shattered silence, wow chasing after illegal aliens . That is awesome. If i may ask you, what is your favorite alien movie? arethazhenATrocketmailDOTCOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aretha, if you mean by alien (from outer space), ET is one of my favorite movies. I hope that I can make the milestone of 100.

      Delete
  2. Margaret,
    Thanks so much for joining us today at Lady Scribes. I agree with Aretha. 83 books is amazing!!! I love suspense and your books sound great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. I love to read suspense books, too.

      Delete
  3. Margaret,
    Thanks for joining us today at Lady Scribes. 83 books is quite an impressive accomplishment! How do you find the time? Your books sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, now that I'm retired from teaching, I have some more time thankfully.

      Delete
  4. Wow, it's so nice to find so many authors out there writing romance novels that aren't trashy! Thanks Lily for introducing me to another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - prolific hardly begins to describe your work! Welcome to Lady Scribes, Margaret, it is such an honor to have you here. It's interesting to see how disciplined you are - that is exactly what I need to do! Thanks for joining us today, and best of luck with your two new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, right now I want to play but I need to write.

      Delete
  7. Hey Margaret ((((BIG HUGS!!))))
    So great to have you here on LadyScribes!! :D
    83 books!! My head is spinning. Love Love Love the cover of Shattered Silence. I still have that silver heart box you gave me that year I won that FH&L award on my desk. Great times. Miss it all! Especially all the Love Inspired Ladies!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cynthia, nice to see you again. FH&L have such great awards. I love how Abingdon has done my covers.

      Delete
  8. As I read the book description for Christmas Stalking I thought oh that is neat and something different! I'm embarrassed to admit I had not thought of a female being a bodyguard before! Thanks for this generous giveaway!

    Jes
    jswaks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jes, I have had fun putting my female bodyguards in trouble.

      Delete
  9. I have yet to read any of your books, but they sound amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of your books, yet, but would love to!!! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!!

    Pam
    mom27g@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read one, Pam.

      Delete
  11. Welcome to Lady Scribes, Margaret. 83 books?! Holy Cow!!! Do you ever sleep? ;) Congrats on the awesome accomplishment.

    And I totally agree with you on Brad Pitt over George Clooney. I have a thing for blondes, erm...carry on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marquita, especially with this recent commercial with Brad Pitt. HOT.

      Delete
  12. Hello Margaret. Still trying to win one of your books. :) I bet some school lost a very good teacher. But, glad you are writing and I get to know you. 83 is a lot of books! Keep up the good works. We are always looking for another good book. Maxie ( mac262@me.com )

    ReplyDelete