Our Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Carly Phillips Goes Pink

by Marquita Valentine

Carly Phillips has gone Pink! Well, she hasn't (but her hair would look awesome if she did dye it that color) but the cover of first novel in her Serendipity Series, SERENDIPITY, has in order to raise awareness and money for breast cancer research. 








"So many of us have been touched by cancer, either personally, or through a family member or a friend's diagnosis. I'm honored to be part of the Read Pink! program. Purchasing a Pink book donates money to the The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Buy and Read Pink! and together we can do our part to eliminate this dreaded disease."—Carly Phillips



Penguin Group (USA) Inc. presents READ PINK®—our third year dedicated to the fight against breast cancer—with a $25,000* donation to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF).

*Regardless of sales



A message from Carly Phillips: 

On Sept. 25, SERENDIPITY reissued as part of Penguin’s READ PINK! Program. Penguin will donate $25,000 to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
I hope you will buy the READ PINK SERENDIPITY edition and show your support. If you do, send me an SASE and I will send you back an autographed bookplate as a thank you!
Carly Phillips
Serendipity – Read Pink!
PO Box 483
Purchase, NY 10577
(Honor system! I’m not asking for receipts as proof).


So, to show my support, I'm giving away ONE print copy (US only). To enter, answer this: What's your favorite Sherlock Holmes actor, Robert Downey, Jr from the movie franchise, or Benedict Cumberbatch from the recent BBC program AND what makes your choice the best Sherlock?










25 comments:

  1. I like Benedict. He is so quirky and fits my view of Sherlock better than the other.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, Benedict is oh so very quirky as SH. I just discovered the show on Amazon Prime. Season 3 can't come fast enough! :)

      Delete
  2. It's too hard to choose! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't chose just one, Deb. You *must* make a choice. LOL! ;p

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen this BBC version...but I AM watching Elementary, with Jonny Lee Miller playing Holmes. It's such a modern twist on it all, I'm not really sure how to compare him with Robert Downey, Jr. I love them both! (And JLM played a fantastic Knightley in the recent BBC version of Emma, so there is that in his favor.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, the BBC version is modern and I LOVE IT. I haven't watched Elementary, yet. I'll have to check to see when it comes on Hulu.

      Delete
  4. Hi Carly! Welcome back to Lady Scribes! I love Robert Downey, Jr. in anything, he wins. :) I also love this book and that you're using it to support breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love RDJ but you have to watch the BBC version , Andris. It's amazing. :D

      Delete
  5. I remember the Jeremy Brett version, but Benedict is definitely my favorite Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the Jeremy Brett version, Jane. Will have to look it up. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh... Robert Downey, Jr. Hands down :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i vote for Johnny Lee Miller who plays Holmes on Elementary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, I haven't seen that show. I will let your vote stand, thought. LOL! ;)

      Delete
  8. Robert Downey Jr. This man has came back much like Johnny Depp did bigger and more awesome. I use to watch a lot of movies with RDJ. But he's been making his character more snarky unconventional and FUN

    Raonaid @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Roanaid, and I love rooting for the underdog. :) I think the mark of a great actor is for his/her fans to be able to separate each character. Like when I watch Ironman, I don't think Sherlock and vice versa. :)

      Delete
  9. Robert Downey, Jr because, well, I've just always loved him. I do agree with Alexis - I live Johnny Lee Miller, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli, is Elementary on Hulu, yet. I'll have to watch it on there to form a proper opinion. ;)

      Delete
  10. Robert Downy JR well because I think he is smoking hot!!!! Have always liked him.... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy, so noted. ;) Looks like RDJ is the winner. :D

      Delete
  11. Benedict is amazing. I actually just finished the last episode of season two about five minutes ago...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say Robert Downey, Jr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

      Delete
  13. RDJ I think he portrayed SH very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robert Downey Jr, his charactor was very real.

    ReplyDelete