Our Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Guest blogger: Terry Spear


A Hauntingly Good Time Is Near 
by Terry Spear

The wind is howling…or is that wolves? The temperature and humidity have dropped from hot and humid to cold and dry. It’s not even nighttime and things are going bump in the day. The bugs crawl in, but they don’t crawl out if they know what’s good for them.

It’s time for the ghost and goblins and trolls, for werewolves and other shapeshifters, for vampires and zombies and others to visit us mortal creatures at this time of year. So who is scarier? Them? Or us?
Maybe they'll make us into them and then we’ll be much more acceptable to them. And maybe we’ll even like ourselves better!

Just think—you take on the shifting abilities of the wolf and no longer have to worry about your mate straying. And instead of just you having to keep up with your kids, you’ll have a whole pack of aunts and uncles who love them just as much. Babysitters extraordinaire!

You work together, play together, and stay together. Oh, sure, there’s this little problem if you’re newly turned and can’t control the shift into the wolf. Hopefully you’re at home when it happens. Just don’t go out when there’s a full moon. What? There’s a full moon out tonight?

Grab takeout and stay home. Or better yet, let your alpha male cook for you tonight, get the pack members to take the kids off your hands, and throw yourself a lovely little PRIVATE party.

Now, this works for werewolves. But what about jaguar shifters? Well, they’re a little different. Jaguars cat around. So you’ll have to find that special jaguar who will scratch your itch. Clawed, toothy and delicious. Dangerous, too, but that’s for the bad guy to worry about. Your alpha will watch your back and make it worthwhile. He’s just as territorial as the wolves, loves the water, and to hunt, but he also 
climbs trees. This is great if you need to get off the jungle floor in a hurry.

So for Halloween, it’s time for some shifter love.

What about the rest of the ghoulish characters? You’re on your own there. Sure, I know some great vampires, hot, sexy, fun with a bite, but not all of them are safe to be with. Not that all werewolves and jaguar shifters are either. You have to make safe choices.

So now I know you love them all, but you have to make a choice. If you were to win a copy of one of my autographed books, which would you prefer to join? A wolf pack or would you like to get really exotic and mix it up with a jaguar?

Thanks to the Lady Scribes for having me here today, and one lucky person who answers my question will have a chance to win a copy of SAVAGE HUNGER OR one of any of my wolf books: Heart of the Wolf, Destiny of the Wolf, To Tempt the Wolf, Legend of the White Wolf, Seduced by the Wolf, Heart of the Highland Wolf, Wolf Fever, Dreaming of the Wolf, A SEAL in Wolf’s Clothing—winner’s choice.US/Canada Addresses Only.

Savage Hunger
(Book 1)

Sourcebooks

October 2012

In the heat of the jungle, jaguars are clawed, dangerous, and hungry for love. With hopes of overcoming night terrors and thanking the man who saved her life, Kathleen McKnight returns to the Amazon. A jaguar at heart, Connor Anderson doesn’t just protect her, but wants to claim her for his own.

About the Author
USA Today bestselling and an award-winning author of urban fantasy and medieval romantic suspense, Terry Spear also writes true stories for adult and young adult audiences. She’s a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Reserves and has an MBA from Monmouth University. She also creates award-winning teddy bears, Wilde & Woolly Bears, that are personalized that have found homes all over the world. When she’s not writing or making bears, she’s teaching online writing courses or gardening. Her family has roots in the Highlands of Scotland where her love of all things Scottish came into being. Originally from California, she’s lived in eight states and now resides in the heart of Texas. She is the author of the Heart of the Wolf series and the Heart of the Jaguar series, plus numerous other paranormal romance and historical romance novels. For more information, please visit www.terryspear.com, or follow her on Twitter, @TerrySpear. She is also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/terry.spear .

To Buy Savage Hunger:   Amazon  |  Barnes and Noble



31 comments:

  1. Terry,
    Thanks for joining us today! Your book sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! It is fun!!! Just wait until you get to the waterfall scene...yum!

      Delete
  2. I've always been a cat person, but I'm not sure my cats would qualify as being quite as wild as jaguars. LOL. Thanks for joining us today, Terry! Your new series sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, sure it would! LOL I was at the zoo yesterday and besides getting pictures of the BIG cats, I got a picture of a small cat prowling in tall grass--hunting something! It was the funniest thing, so of course, I had to take a picture. :)

      Delete
  3. Terry,
    Thanks for joining us today. You had me at 'help with the kids'. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Samantha, yeah, I love that part too. Mom and Dad are too busy to play with kids...the rest of the pack takes over. :)

      Delete
  4. Terry ~ thanks for visiting today! Since I'm 1/2 of the Lydia Dare team, I'm pretty sure my werewolves would be quite put out if I didn't pick a werewolf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you'd be safer to stick with the wolves, Ava. No one wants any cat and...well, wolf fights! :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow - I've never heard of a shape-shifting jaguar before! Looks like a fabulous read. Thanks so much for joining us at Lady Scribes today, Terry - we're honored to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin, it's a great site and I was delighted to be asked!

      Delete
  6. Do I have to pick just one. What about a wolf-jaguar hybrid? Works for cars, right? hee! Thanks for being with us today, Terry. I love your cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, Marquita, not sure about that! And both are VERY territorial so if you wanted both, you'd be in trouble. LOL But I know what you mean. It's hard to pick one! They're both totally hunky! The cover is great. It looks like artwork to me.

      Delete
  7. Hi Terry!! It's so good to have you here! You know I'm a long time fan of yours, and it's definitely an honor to have you here at Lady Scribes :)

    As for shifting...I'm with Samantha. Built in babysitters??? Sign me up! LOL!

    Congrats on the new release! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lady Jerrica! So good to see you again! Babysitters any day are worth their salt!!! With a nip, they keep the cubs in line! What every parent needs! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  8. Welcome to Lady Scribes, Terry! I've never been a fan of going furry, but a whole pack to watch my kids? I'm in. AND I wouldn't have to shave! Whoot! ;} I've heard great things about your books, and they're already edging the top of my TBR pile!Thank you so much for blogging for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Andris. I didn't even think about the not having to shave part, but that's a definite plus. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Andris! I hope you love them! But yes, no shaving, built-in babysitters, and you'll love to swim and run when you might never have liked to do those things before. Keeps you in great shape!

      Delete
  9. Waterfalls have a new meaning. Read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Loretta! Right. Hopefully you will never look at another waterfall again without wondering what's going on behind it! :)

      Delete
    2. No I'm planning on being behind it. With Paul. ;)

      Delete
    3. LOL, I should have seen that coming!!! The wolf SEAL is all yours, but we want to hear all the details! :)

      Delete
  10. Great points made for both wolf and jaguar shifters! I think I'll go with the wolf pack since I love the dynamics within one ;)

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a feline at heart! Running with the Jaguars on a full moon would be my dream. If I could also find a sexy, protective, complex Jaguar to become my mate -- HEAVEN.
    My man Glenn knows when I have finished one of your books. He says that whether it's my first read or my fourth, the resulting glint in my eye means a wonderful night of fun. This ex-NFL player has muscles that make my fingers and tongue crave to touch each one.
    Terry, you have both of our thanks for each book you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Karen!!! That is great! :) Give him a hug for me! He's a true hero. Now, have you all tried out a waterfall lately? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, he is my hero. For 26 years he has supported me in anything I wanted to do. Our company and live has been built on sharing yet being ourselves.
      Have not yet tried a waterfall. My mind's thinking of the cave behind one and what could go one there, but as humans we better wait until summer.
      Getting a free signed copy would have my imagination and Glenn very happy!

      Delete
    3. That's wonderful! Yes, if you try out an Amazon waterfall, it's hot. But if you live somewhere that it's cool right now, I'd definitely wait. LOL :)

      Delete
  12. Hey, Winnie, You would fit right in! They'd love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very partial to werewolves. :)

    Dragons are my next favorite.

    Cat shifters are okay but I've always been a canine fan first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Beth! I love how they are devoted to family. I was watching coyotes at the local zoo yesterday, since we have no wolves (just wolf signs, bummer) and they are very much pack animals also. The two stayed together the whole time I took pictures. With the jaguars, they're much more independent. Though in the tiger exhibit, the cubs (the 3 of them were adorable) stuck together. But that's because they're little. They were so cute. :)

      More dragons to come!

      Delete
  14. I'd like to get really exotic and mix it up with a jaguar, yummy! Love those big cats, they're so sleek and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! Watching the one moving around in his enclosure, looking to hunt whatever it was that perked up his interest was fascinating. :)

      Delete