Our Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

November is Here!

by Marquita Valentine




Can you believe it's November already? Where I live it certainly feels like November, super cold in the morning and warming up to the mid-sixties by the afternoon. Layers are a must, else you'll be sweating by lunch time.

I've already begun to panic, because I know that I have exactly 53 days until Christmas. Fifty-three days!! Unlike my mother and mother-in-law who start shopping for Christmas the day after that joyous event, I don't even begin to shop until I absolutely have to.

Here's the link to the Christmas Clock website for those of you that are as neurotic as me. Bonus: It snows on the homepage.

Don't get me wrong, I love to shop. BUT at Christmas there are so many choices, so many bright and sparkly things that my eyes get this glazed over look to them (I know this because I once caught my reflection in one of those sparkly, shiny window displays) that I kinda just stand there with my mouth hanging open.

*Ahem*

Anyway, here are the top five things I lurves about November in no particular order:


  1. Sweaters
  2. Black Friday
  3. Thanksgiving
  4. Oysters
  5. My Christmas Novella, HIS CHRISTMAS WISH , comes out!



There's no time like the Present...

War Hero, Joaquin Morales, returns to Holland Springs after years of estrangement from his family...and his wife. His new mission: To convince his wife that they have a Future together.

Falling in love with her husband for the second time was *not* a part of Sage Caswell's plans for the Holiday Season. She's convinced that what they had belongs in the Past.

With the help of a little Christmas magic (and a well-timed snowstorm), can Joaquin and Sage's dreams come true?


So what do you love about November?

17 comments:

  1. Marquita,
    Why in the ever-loving (insert curse word here) did you have to bring up Christmas?! Let me eat my honking turkey first! As to what I love about November? Boots. I love wearing my boots. AND, though I wear sweats all year long, I don't look like an idiot during the chilly months, so I look forward to that. Peppermint everything comes out (hot chocolate, coffee, ice cream, etc.). OH, and best of all, I can pretty much leave up the Halloween decorations until I have to put up the Christmas ones. Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To mess with your head, Andris. Why else? hee!

      I love wearing boots, too. Especially the ones lined with faux fur. And yum peppermint. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your Christmas release! Very exciting!!! I love Autumn, and I'm totally into the boots thing like Andris. :)

    Here's what I love about November: cozy fires in the fireplace, pumpkin flavored anything, my daughter's birthday, fuzzy blankets, and knowing it won't be much longer until we start to get more daylight hours again. I can't take cold and dark together, so I long to reach Dec 22nd as quickly as possible, when the upswing begins. Coincidentally, that's my birthday, too, not that I care for getting older. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. As soon as I finish edits, it will be out next week. :)

      Those are fabulous things to love about November. But yeah, I'm with you on the it's so flippin dark so early. Oh a Christmas baby. That's good and bad for presents, LOL!

      Delete
    2. It was good when I was a kid. Not so good as an adult. But it would be pretty easy to plan a surprise party for me, because I definitely never expect a party that close to Christmas. :)

      Delete
  3. The leaves are still gorgeous, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, Yes-Layers!, Yes-boots!,

    Things that I don't love--when it gets dark at 4pm, all the work that comes with Thanksgiving and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb can you make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and bring them to our next HCRW meeting? LOL!

      It is a lot of work between now and Christmas, but I sure do love the smell of cinnamon and fir trees. :)

      Delete
  4. I love November for any number of reasons, but the #1 reason November is AWESOME is because it is my birthday month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a totally AWESOME reason to love November, Catherine!!! How will you celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I live in southwest Florida, we love the fact that we can finally turn off the A/C and open the sliders and windows for some "real" fresh and dry air.

    November is always good in that our family looks forward to getting together for Thanksgiving and, of course, my head starts to spin with what I'll be buying for Christmas gifts. A wonderful time of year that concentrates on what's important in life - family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family is so important, Connie. I think that's one of the reasons why I love this time of year so much. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love November because it's the real start of the holiday season. Halloween seems to usher it all in with a bang, and then it's just fun family time and happy music and hot chocolate from here! I also love NaNoWriMo and all the new friends I meet in November.

    Adore your new cover and can't wait to pick up my copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Sarra. And omgosh, NaNo! I'm doing Entangled's Smack Down Nano and learning how to properly write category romance instead of my usual single title.

      Are you working on a new project?

      Awww thanks! I adore your Peachville High Demons Series. :)

      Delete
  8. The only good thing about November is it might get cold enough to Snow. (Hey, I grew up in WV snow came October to March. The real stuff not this ice crap NC gets)

    And don't get me started on the turkey. One day of turkey is fine but a week of leftovers gets old quick.

    Bah humbug. Can't wait for October to get here again. Happy Halloween should be said every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I totally want snow instead of ice. I much rather my kids get out of school for that, because a snowman is much more fun to make than an iceman.

      That's hilarious. It might be kinda fun to be in perpetual costume. ;)

      Delete
  9. I love the fall...it's my favorite season! I especially like November...Thanksgiving and my birthday!! It's great living in N.C. because we do get a change of season, but no snow.. :)
    Can't wait for Christmas in Holland Springs!
    Thanks Marquita! Happy November....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat! Fall and Spring are my favorite, mostly because the weather seems less temperamental. Here lately, however, the weather has lost it's ever-loving mind. ;)

      Thanks and Happy November to you, too!

      Delete