Friday, December 14, 2012

Cover Reveal: Just Desserts


I'm too excited to share the cover of my next Holland Springs novel on Lady Scribes. This is the much-anticipated story of Sebastian Romanov, twin brother of  Christian Romanov (Twice Tempted).

And here's a little list of what to expect when Sebastian gets his JUST DESSERTS:


  • a real wedding for Hollywood Royalty
  • a fake engagement to the very hot Earl of Spenserfield
  • a year's supply of cupcakes
  • a trip to England

So, without further ado--or plot spoilers--I give you the cover of JUST DESSERTS!


Sebastian Romanov and Daisy Barnes



You'll be able to download this to your favorite e-reader device in February of 2013, which is just in time for my most favorite holiday ever! (Valentine's Day...you know, just in case you weren't sure.)

To add to your holiday cheer, check out this excerpt:


Usually Sebastian knew exactly how to manage people. What to say and do to keep them on their toes and in-line. But Daisy—damn her—she made him feel things that he had no use for, none at all.
“The cupcakes with the light brown icing look promising.” He slid the plate laden with sweets in front of him, picked up one and bit into it. Salty and sweet with a hint of savory hit his tongue, and he nearly moaned his appreciation.  “These are acceptable.”
Her nose scrunched up on one side and her brows drew down into a vee. “Are you kidding me?”She pointed at the door behind him. “Get out.”
“Oh I think not,” he said around the last bite, then wiped his hand on a cloth napkin decorated with green and silver squares. “I have a proposition for you.”
“If it involves you taking a really long walk off a really short pier into shark infested waters, count me in,” she said, arms crossing her chest.
“Blood-thirsty little American.”
“Ever consider it’s you?”
“Hardly.” He brushed an errant crumb off of a cuff link. “People adore me.”
Jaw working, she looked nearly ready to bludgeon him to death. “You’re demented.”
“Possibly, and in light of what I’m about to propose, certifiably.” Taking another drink of water, he looked straight into Daisy’s eyes.


So, what book (or books) are you looking forward to the most next year? 








25 comments:

  1. Oh, Marquita ~ the books sound awesome and looks amazing! Such a tease. We have to wait until February?!?!

    What am I waiting for other than JUST DESSERTS? And other than my own releases? I'll probably spend the rest of the day trying to figure it out. But with the holiday on my mind... all I can think about it who is still on my list and wondering where in the world I'll find an eye glass microfiber cleaner on a keychain for a stalking stuffer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava,

      Thank you! As for waiting until February to read-SORRY! That's why I gave a little sneaky peek. ;)

      OH! What book?!?! And uh, good luck on the stocking stuffer. LOL!

      Delete
    2. My next release will be an anthology with our own LadyScribe Deb Marlowe, Claudia Dain, and Michelle Marcos. AN ENCOUNTER AT THE MUSEUM should also be out in time for Valentine's Day. We can share a release day party, Marquita. :)

      Delete
    3. Cannot wait!!! Oh, let's do that. The more the merrier!!! :)))

      Delete
  2. Whoa, baby! It looks and sounds fab. Can't wait to read it--and hear you read it at Lady Jane's Salon!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb.

      Let hope that this time I'm not struck down by the plague. ;P And I'm totally excited about reading there in February. :))

      Delete
  3. I really love this cover Marquita! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! Thank you, Steph. I'm always nervous over a cover reveal, especially since this one is sexier than my usual cover. But hey it's for Valentine's so why not?! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!!! Congratulations on the upcoming release!

    What books am I most anxious for next year? Aside from any my fellow Lady Scribes releases (and my own, of course, bc it's always exciting to have a release), I would say anything by Tes Hilaire. I also really want to read the next book after Embrace, and I don't know when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Ladies. I would like a Upcoming Lady Scribes Release Page on here. ;) What book's out next Samantha and does it have PM on the cover?

      And thank you! I'm excited. :)

      Delete
  5. Ha! I got to help select the cover and it was the one I wanted! YIPPEE! *happy dance* I'm waiting for your book and Sam's of course. I have to daisy is a fiery one. Anyways, I'm also waiting for Sarah Maclean new book. Also Shana Galen's new book too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody,

      It was so much fun to post the two photographs and "see" what people thought. :) And I'm totally tickled that you're happy. Daisy is something else, but she can't be *too* hard on our Sebastian. ;)

      I can't wait to read your reviews of everyone's books!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Marquita, the cover looks amazing and the book sounds fun! I'm looking forward to my fellow LadyScribes releases, and my own, of course!, but I am also looking forward to Jeanine Frost's next release! I have to know how she makes her tortured hero Vlad get his happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,

      read my above reply to Samantha. I want to know everyone's next release. Okay, so I *might* be biased but I think the Lady Scribes have some of the prettiest covers around. ;)

      I want to know, too!

      As for my cover, thank you!!!

      Delete
  7. Another GORGEOUS cover, Marquita!! Great job, and of course the book will be fab - you had me at cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Who wouldn't want a year's supply of cupcakes, Erin? And thank you! I'm so excited!

      Delete
    2. She had me had fake engagement to an earl

      Delete
  8. One for sure is "Just Desserts!" OMG that guy on the cover is a total HUNK! Is it hot in here or is it just me?

    There are so many fabulous new books coming out that I would have a hard time choosing the first one to read. It would definitely be an eene-meenie-minee-mo type of thing!

    As for a year's supply of cupcakes - well - they are my downfall and I adore them. This is turning out to be a totally delicious blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,

      It's not just you. I need a fan. ;)

      Oh me, too. I couldn't pick just one or two, and I wanted to know what everyone else wanted to read. I'm nosy like that, lol!

      YAY! So glad that you're loving our blog. We love that, too!. :))

      Delete
  9. You actually want me to think this close to Christmas? Bah Humbug. I still have Christmas Cards, three holiday parties this weekend + inlaws coming to watch kids, and Presents to buy and cross stitch.

    I have no clue if I'm going to survive to see Jan 1. ;)

    That said, I'm of course waiting for the next books in my favorite series - Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews and the next Psy/Changeling book. Then whatever else comes from authors I follow. There are too many to list and I haven't taken the time to check when their books are releasing in 2013.

    Great Cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not busy at all, Beth. Maybe you could come to my house and do laundry or clean for me...help me get the last of my shopping done. ;)

      I will survive, if only to read Alexandra Hawkin's book about Frost. hee!

      And thank you!

      Delete
  10. Marquita,
    Um, okay, so I tried to read this post earlier today, but I got caught. I took my 8th grade class to the computer lab to work on their careers projects (for the love of pineappes don't ask). Every five minutes I had to shush them because they are all apparently deaf and must speak at the highest volume possible. Long story short, I got on a computer too, thinking I'd chill and do a little reading while the kids finished their work. Yeah, well, I pulled up this post and BAM! Two sexy peeps on my screen. Suddenly, the room was silent. Mrs. Bear closed that window right quick. ;}
    Congrats on the perdy cover and upcoming release!!! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Andris. I totally needed that, even if you didn't at the time. At least my cover is tasteful? *snort*

      Thank you, doll.

      Hope you get some rest from all that subbing!

      Delete
  11. I love the excerpt! I definitely need to check out the first two books in this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do hope you get the chance to read the books in my series!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete