Our Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Lady Scribes Welcomes Zoe Dawson!


The Memories of Holidays Past

They reside in our minds just waiting to once again form and in a way haunt us.  I’m talking about ornaments that are a tradition of many people.  The ones I cherish most are the ones that were made by my children.


 
This ornament is one of three.  I bought this kit at Micheal’s as a fun holiday project for us to do.  We had so much fun.  I taught my daughters how to use a needle to sew up the two halves of the ornament, but leave a small hole for the batting.  You can see where it was stitched.  I helped my daughter’s with the mouth because that was a bit tricky.  I think it’s endearing that the rosy cheeks aren’t quite level.








I got this one from a secret santa party at work.  Everyone draws names and you buy a gift for that particular person.  The fun part came with trying to get it into their office when they weren’t looking.  It had to just appear.  It was so nice to find the gaily wrapped box with this happy guy inside that year.




This wreath is very simple and made out of beads on a yarn string.  But I put this on the tree every year to remind myself about humility.  Being a single mother, some Christmases were tough.   My church had The Giving Tree and I put my daughters’ names on that year because I couldn’t afford presents.  I got two of these in the box of goodies my church dropped off a week before Christmas.  I was overcome.






Then there are just fun ornaments.  My oldest daughter loved this Winnie the Pooh character and when we found it in the store we, of course, had to have it.  Love his cute whimsical smile and the jingle bells.





These are two of my favorite reindeer that my daughters made.  The first one are my daughter’s thumbprints and the second is a clothespin with googly eyes and a fur ball nose.  Love them.  They evoke so many memories of my children growing up.







And that brings me to my last ornament.  This is a symbol of the novels I’ve completed in my Going to the Dogs series.  Who doesn’t love furry, lovable dogs?






Tell me about some of your traditions.  Anything that evokes memories of the Holidays for you.













Zoe Dawson is the alter ego of Karen Anders, award winning, multi-published author for Harlequin. Her writing journey started with poetry and branched out into fiction. With a couple of college English courses under her belt, she penned a historical, then moved onto contemporary romance fiction. Today, she is happy producing romantic suspense, romantic mystery, and paranormal novels. The words feed her soul and the happily ever afters feed her heart.   Leashed is the first book in the Going to the Dogs series.  Groomed for Murder, Book #2 is scheduled to release this month!  Check her blog for the cover reveal this Saturday, December 22.



For more information, visit Zoe on her Website | Twitter | Facebook | Blog

11 comments:

  1. Welcome Zoe! I'm indulging a tradition right now, traveling to visit family, but I'm glad to have you at Lady Scribes.

    Leashed and the new series sounds fantastic. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! It's great to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Lady Scribes, Zoe! We're so pleased to have you! My holiday traditions are traveling--which I dislike. A lot. However, since all our family is three states away, it won't be changing soon. ;] Hope your Holidays were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Eeyore ornament! My holiday tradition is to listen to A Christmas Carol on audiobook. It always gets me in the holiday mood. I loved "Leashed" and look forward to reading the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andris. I'm not a big fan of traveling either. I like the cozy feel of home. Have safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer - the Eeyore ornament is a so cute, but I'm partial to Tigger. I'm glad you loved "Leashed". "Groomed for Murder," the second book in the series is uploading as I type this. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zoe! Welcome to LadyScribes! Every year as I decorate my Christmas tree, I go on a little trip down memory lane. I have ornaments from nearly every vacation I've ever had with my son. So as we decorate the tree, we talk about those trips and how much fun we had.

    Love your ornaments. They're very cute. (My favorites, too, are the ones my son made when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ava - Yes, that's exactly my experience. We reminisce about almost every ornament we put on the tree. It's nice to have that history. And we love everything our kids do, lol. It's the mommy in us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Lady Scribes, Zoe. Thanks for sharing all those ornaments. My favorite ornaments are the ones my kids made or rather make every year. :

    Best wishes on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marquita! Great to be here. I'm watching Amazon and B&N for the "published" notice like a hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Zoe!
    I love the reindeer ornaments. how simple and how creative.

    Can't wait for the Groomed for Murder dog book. Loved Leashed!

    ReplyDelete