Our Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


The amazingly talented Carly Phillips tagged me in this new blog hop … so I get to answer ten questions about my “Next Big Thing” and tag another 2 victims … and they continue the madness! The good news for you is that you get to find out a little something about what your favorite authors are up to while being introduced to authors who might be new to you. And you don’t have to do anything in return. 

Coming February 2013
1. What is the working title of your book?

Just Desserts

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I had to think of a way to get Sebastian Romanov to Holland Springs *and* how to work in the whole Christian and Sebastian's dad bought a title.

Turns out, after a little research, there are quite a few titles needing their heirs due to the Crown taking them (the titles, not the heirs) for committing treason during WWI. It was called the Titles Deprivation Act of 1917.

And since we all know Vladimir Romanov is ruthless as all get out...I won't spoil exactly how he claimed the title. You'll have to read the book. ;)


3. What is the genre of the book?

Contemporary, and while it's small town, Sebastian and Daisy take a long trip to England. :)

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Paul Walker and whoever this girl is beside him on my Holland Springs Pinterest Page. ;)

5.What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

The new earl of Spenserfield has a problem only a fake engagement to Holland Springs favorite caterer can solve, but as fake turns real will Sebastian's inability to reconcile himself with his past make Daisy serve him his just desserts instead?

(I also like to refer to this as 21st Century Downton Abbey meets one generation removed from Dukes of Hazzard. heh! ) 



6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?

Self-published. 

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About one month. I wrote it during Nano. :) Now I'm polishing, polishing before I send it to my editor and beta readers.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I have no idea. :) Honestly, this book lets me indulge my historical fantasies with the whole aristocracy and commoner aspect, and I'm totally excited! 

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My readers. They've been clamoring for Sebastian's story and I am more than happy to give it to them! :)

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Let's see...One Hot earl, a fake engagement, tattoos and a wicked piercing. 

My tagged authors/victims up next are:   Andris Bear 


What have you read or watched lately that seemed like a mash-up of 

two genres or completely opposite works? (I'm still waiting to see the 

Abraham Lincoln and Vampires movie. )

8 comments:

  1. You had me at Dukes of Hazzard!!!!!! Sounds awesome. I especially love your breaking out of the box and using this time period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marquita, I'm dying for Sebastian. You had me at Earl, then you had to throw in tattoos and piercing. I don't know, but I'm liking the heroes with that. I think it all started with Sasha. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody!

      All part of my evil plan to suck you in-looks like it worked!!!!! Hee. ;) I'm thrilled that you're excited for Sebastian.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hi Hanna,

    Yay!!! Thank you! Hopefully you'll get a chance to read Just Desserts when it comes out.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marquita ~ Moviewise, I can't think of a mash-up other than the Abe Lincoln vampire thing, but I haven't had the desire to see that.

    The Just Desserts sounds awesome and the cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ava!

      Maybe if it had zombies in it? Onw of my favs is Sherlock Holmes, combines Victorian era with "modern" inventions...steampunk!

      And thank you!

      Delete
  5. I thought Firefly was a good mash-up of cowboys and outer space. (I guess cowboys & aliens would be too, but I never saw that.) Ooh! And I love Once Upon a Time, which is a mash-up of fairytale and contemporary romance. :)

    Your newest book sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha!

      GREAT examples of mashups. Loved Firefly and liked Cowboys v Aliens. Wild, Wild West with Will Smith was a good mashup for me. :)

      And thank you. I hope everyone enjoys it when it comes out.


      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete