Our Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's Samantha Grace's Next Big Thing?


By Samantha Grace

I have a confession to make. I dropped the ball. You see, about a month ago the lovely and talented Olivia Kelly tagged me for The Next Big Thing blog hop. I’m pretty sure there was a time limit on it and a requirement that I keep it going by tagging other authors. Yes, well, about that… It didn’t happen.

I do have a fun project I’m working on, though. And I only have 30,000 more words to write to finish my first draft. I’ve been super excited to tell people about my new series in the works, so today I thought I’d give everyone a sneak peek at what’s on the horizon for Samantha Grace. (Yes, Samantha has reverted to referring to herself in third person, because it makes her giggle.)

The new books will be part of the Rival Rogues series, and here’s a basic overview:

Sometimes your enemies are too close. Ever since Anthony Keaton, the Earl of Ellis, and Baron Sebastian Thorne were boys at Eton, they have been engaged in a battle of one-upmanship. Their rivalry began with a boyish boast and contest and has grown into a lifetime of challenges from which neither one seems capable of turning away.

Whether it is a bet on who can devour the most meat pies in a minute to which man can make the sternest dowager flush with pleasure, everything is likely to become a contest. And every betting gentleman at Brooks knows it, including two bored noblemen who stir-up trouble for entertainment. When the rival rogues’ attentions turn toward courting the same young woman, their rivalry ceases to be a game, however. One gentleman will take desperate measures to win her heart, and the other will face the aftermath of losing the lady and the challenge of learning to love again.

Several people have asked me if these new books will include characters from the Beau Monde Bachelors, and I’m happy to say you’ll see some of your favorite characters popping up again.

But before these new rogues make an appearance, there is one more Beau Monde Bachelor to meet, Luke Forest, Duke of Foxhaven. (Or as my BFF calls him Luke Duke. LOL) I can’t wait to introduce you to the duke and his ladylove, Lady Vivian Worth. She is by far one of my favorite heroines to date. Look for LADY VIVIAN DEFIES A DUKE coming May 2013.



THE NAKED TRUTH
Lady Vivian Worth knows perfectly well how to behave like a lady. But observing proper manners when no one is around to impress is just silly. Why shouldn’t she strip down to her chemise for a swim? When her betrothed arrives to finally meet her, Vivi will act every inch the lady—demure, polite, compliant. Everything her brother has promised the man. But until then, she’s going to enjoy her freedom…

A REVEALING DISCOVERY
Luke Forest, the newly named Duke of Foxhaven, wants nothing to do with his inheritance—or the bride who comes with it. He wants adventure and excitement, like the enchanting water nymph he’s just stumbled across. When he discovers the skinny-dipping minx is his intended, he reconsiders his plan to find Lady Vivian another husband. Because the idea of this vivacious woman in the arms of another man might be enough to drive him insane—or to the altar.

What book or books are you most excited to read this coming year? (You don't get extra points for saying mine, or maybe you do. JK) 

25 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I can't wait until May for Luke Duke's book (now that you've posted that I won't be able to call him anything else!) - his cover is totally YUMMY!

    The new series sounds fabulous and I can't wait to hear more about it!

    Thank you as well for the trading cards & the wonderful note you wrote me a few weeks ago!!! It made me so happy!! I really appreciate it!

    Hope you have a great day!
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hillary!
      It's great to see you here today! I'm so glad the cards arrived okay, and it was my pleasure to send along a little note. I hope the new year is treating you well so far.

      LOL. Poor Luke, now forever to be known as Luke Duke. :)

      Delete
  2. I still can't wait to get my hands on Karen Marie Monings latest installment: Iced. Beyond that I'm thinking I want to scoop up some fun contemporaries and some witty historicals as they always make me smile, laugh, and sigh :-) Can't wait to read about Luke and Vivian! And the new series sounds supper fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tes!
      Your next book is at the top of my list. Why must I wait so long??? Do you really need to eat and sleep? ;D

      I'd love to hear what fun contemporaries you discover this year. I'm always looking for something new and fun.

      Delete
  3. Hot diggity! I seriously cannot pick just one to be excited about. For February it is hands down the new Karen Rose. April appears to be a hot release month, as does May (when your next installment drops). My book wish list for the year just keeps growing daily. I still need to play catch up on several of the hot releases from last year LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,
      I had a secret motive to asking people what they are looking forward to reading. I'm adding to my TBR list. ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL I know, I just give you titles as I go.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to Shana Galen's book, Vicky Dreiling's book and of course yours. Especially since his Grace is coming to visit me in my birthday month. He's such a mystery because we didn't really see him in Drew's book. We finally get a glimpse of him your last book. Oh I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody,
      Luke is looking forward to chatting with you. I absolutely love him, but I say that about all of my heroes. :)

      I HAVE to read Vicky Dreiling. She has been on my TBR list for some time, and I know I would enjoy her books. The excerpts I've read are fun and humorous. Of course, I've read Shana and will continue to read her books.

      Delete
    2. You must read How to Marry a Duke that book is so much fun. I also love How to Seduce Scoundrel. Tristan's sister and his best friend what can go wrong.

      Delete
    3. Yes you Do need to give Vicky's books a go. She's a light hearted fun read. Not to mention you enjoy The Bachelor so you should love this.

      Delete
    4. Sam- the first book is right up your alley.

      Delete
    5. Then I'll have to give it a go, for sure. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on a new series, Samantha! I love seeing heroes from other books carry on into a new series! And can I just say that Lady Vivian has a very fine...er, cover, indeed. ;}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andris! I'm very excited about doing some new writing. My cover illustrator has excellent taste, doesn't she? ;)

      Delete
  6. HELLOOO, Paul again. The cover goddesses LOVE you, Samantha! And how exciting to start a new series. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marquita! I definitely have a cover fairy godmother looking out for me! :)

      Delete
  7. Well of course I am anxious to read your books Samantha, but I am waiting for Sarah Maclean's newest, "One Good Earl Deserves a Lover."." And definitely, definitely Vicky Dreiling's "What a Wicked Earl Wants." I am also looking forward to Nicole Jordan's second installment in her Legendary Lovers series, "Lover Be Mine. Oh brother...this is only a sampling. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      You just added more to my list, too. :)

      Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  8. I am out of my mind excited for Sarah Maclean's 2013 release of "One Good Earl Deserves a Lover"...I fell in love with her "The Rule of Scoundrels" series! And Samantha, I ADORE the rival gentlemen series you've got coming out! There's nothing more delicious than bickering Regency alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Christi! I'll have to check out Sarah's "The Rule of Scoundrels". :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I'm definitely looking forward to Luke the Duke & Viv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm eagerly anticipating Kristen Callihan's Winterblaze! I love her Darkest London series.

    "Luke Duke" lols! The story sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I love Kristen's work. Definitely something to look forward to! :)

      Delete