Our Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day From Hot Builder

by Marquita Valentine and Hot Builder

It's the most GLORIOUS day of the year! And on this most sacred of days, I'd like to share the most decadent dessert ever that Hot Builder likes to make for me on special occasions. So, without further ado, I'll turn the blog over to him!

Real Hot Builders love cooking for their woman.


Hot Builder's Chocolate Tart

Ingredients:

  •  package of semi-sweet baker's squares
  • 3/4 c of heavy whipping cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 c of milk
  • Miniature pie shells
  • Cool Whip
Instructions:

Combine above (except for egg), melt over low heat (constantly stirring). Do not let it get hot. Remove from heat. Add one egg, stir immediately. Pour into individual sized pie shells. Bake 350 for 2-25 minutes. Let cool for ten minutes, then turn upside down on plate. Top with cool whip. 

Notes:
Serves Six.
Makes wife extremely happy
Guarantees that you'll get lucky (results may vary)
Also, please buy her book, because she wants me to get a muscle car for her to drive the kids around town in. *whispers* help me


Apple | Amazon | B&N | Kobo| Smashwords










27 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Hot Builder--and to your lovely wife!

    Happy Valentine's Day to all the LadyScribes and our lovely readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too. I like to make my wife happy!

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! The dessert sounds fabulous! Anything with chocolate makes me happy. And I totally support the muscle car for the wife. I miss mine so bad. *sobs into hands*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a 69 chevelle! Someday.......

      Delete
  3. Mmmm...yum. Will Hot Builder make some for me? No? Oh...well, thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, its simple we can work in trade. I like beer. let's talk!

      Delete
  4. I'm might to whip a batch to cure my bruise ego. Happy valentines to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marquita's HB has been beating my butt in Scramble with Friends. The last game a lost. It wasn't pretty.

      Delete
    2. In that case, you'd think he should send a batch your way! ;)

      Delete
    3. Hey hey hey....don't start speaking for me. the next small social let Marquita know and I will send them with her.

      Delete
    4. Oh HB that's not possible unless I fly out to NC anytime. Don't worry I'll make my own. Better yet I think I'll win the next game.

      Delete
  5. A muscle car sounds fun and your kids would love it! I totally think you should get one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I hope the kids like Ramon noodles cause daddy wants a hot rod!

      Delete
  6. The recipe sounds yummy! I'm going to have to get my hubby to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best. cooking time is around 22 minutes. saw an error in the blog. Best part is licking the spoon!

      Delete
  7. What an adorable Valentine’s blog and a muscle car to drive around town is an absolute necessity.

    I loved the recipe and it sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing and hope you and Hot Builder have a great Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too and thanks for commenting. I think I have made it more than a hundred times for marquita. She loves it. Happy wife happy life!

      Delete
  8. LOL! A man of few words. I read: turning the blog over to Hot Builder and realized we got about four sentences out of him. My hubby isn't much on words either. I have to say it's rare to find a man who'll cook for you though. Those men are the kind that you keep. I'm very lucky to have a hubby who likes to cook, otherwise we'd starve. Hope you two have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to eat, so for me it is easy math. More cooking equals more food!

      Delete
  9. Yummy! Ummm, I mean, the recipe. And your hubby. Any guy who bakes is yummy, too. (That was part of my hero criteria!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, its a no brainer to cook when you have a wonderful wife like Marquita.

      Delete
  10. Hot Builder

    You fix some of those chocolate Tarts when I come to visit and I will
    tell her you definitely need a muscle car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW cooking time is around 22 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wish I didn't have to clean the dishes afterwards! Because I always make a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Wife, Happy Life? Words of wisdom, HB. Thanks for coming by and sharing that recipe! It looks awesome. But where's the picture of you in an apron? Just sayin'... ;D

    ReplyDelete