Our Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting Ready

I am so excited because a week from today I will be packing and flying to Kansas City for the Romantic Times Convention. I know that it doesn't start until Wednesday but I want to get settled in early and maybe get some writing done.  That is always my plan but I get very little work done whenever I attend a conference.  I end up spending all of my time with my friends, many of which are Lady Scribes, visiting and catching up since the only time I get to see these ladies is at conferences.

Plus, on Tuesday I will be spending time with my cousins who live in the area. I haven't seen them in over a year and can't wait.  I don't know what we will be doing and don't really care. It will be great just to see them and catch up.

In the meantime, I have a lot to get done.  What am I going to wear and what all do I need to take?  I always forget something. It never fails, even though I have a list in hand as I get the suitcase and carry on ready.  Then, there is also the dozens of workshops and events being offered that I want to attend.  Even if I make a list today, I will change again tomorrow.  I never make up my mind until the last moment.

But, the one thing I know I will be doing is signing at the Expo on Thursday.  I had fun doing this last year and am looking forward to it this year.  What is great is I always get seated next to a lady who has been a friend since we attended the RWA Conference in San Francisco almost six years ago,  L. J. Charles, and she will be there this year as well.

I will also be giving away wine glasses at the end of the signing.  I don't know how anyone feels about wine glasses, but I never seem to have enough.  This is a picture of one of the few glasses I will have.  The only problem, I am still trying to figure out how I can get the glasses to KS without them being broken.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

Will you be attending the RT Convention and have you already decided what workshops and events you will be attending?  If you are going to be there, stop by and say hello.

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you there, Jane! I hate to say it, but even I don't have advice for transporting wine glasses. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    I thought if anyone had packing advice it would be you. Looking forward to seeing you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would so love to be there, but unfortunately, I cannot. However, I’m hoping that you lucky attendees will post things telling us all about it! Good luck with getting the glasses there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,

      I am sure there will be plenty of things posted about the convention and probably some things we wish weren't - lol.

      Delete
  4. Jane ~ Can't wait to see you next week. It has been too long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava, it has been way too long! Can't wait to see you.

      Delete
  5. I'll be there! It will be so nice to see you again! Wish you were rounding out Lady Jane's this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,

      I so wanted to be at Lady Jane's this month but I couldn't swing it with the RT the following week. I really tried to figure it out. It will be great to see you in KS though.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see you there, Jane! I'm flying in early in the day on Tuesday, along with Deb, so I'll see you sometime after I arrive.

    For the wine glasses...bubble wrap? Use your clothes to wrap them? Fill them with your underwear? LOL. I don't know, but good luck. I'm not bringing anything breakable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine,

      I figured if I don't wrap them in my clothing, I may bubble wrap and put in my carry on. At least I know they won't get thrown around. I will be seeing you Tuesday night - yay. I figure will meet in the regular spot a/k/a bar ;).

      Delete
  7. Jane,
    Unfortunately, I won't be attending the conference but wish you and our other Ladies a wonderful time! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could be there, Andris. There will be lots of pictures but I can assure you that there will not be another one of me bowing at Ava's feet (again)!

      Delete