Our Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Adventures in New Adult Romance

I'm so excited to share my newest venture (or adventure as the title says) with all of you!

Coming later this month! 

Here's the blurb:

On the surface, twenty-two year old Cole Morgan is exactly what any girl would be proud to take home to meet her parents: He’s charming, intensely handsome and goal-oriented...Only he has some secrets of his own, which include provoking bar fights and a former drug-addict of a mother slowly wasting away in a medical facility. 

At barely twenty, Violet Lynn is Country Music's hottest star, until one night of partying gets out of control. Violet ends up in jail and on TMZ. Suddenly, she’s the girl least likely to be invited anywhere. Sick of the drama and keeping secrets, she runs away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi to her grandmother’s home in Forrestville, North Carolina.

A chance meeting knocks Cole off his feet, but he doesn’t recognize Violet for who she is. In fact no one does and Violet plans to keep it that way. 

Circumstances, however annoying,keep throwing Violet and Cole together. Unable to stop themselves they give into the inevitable.

But when Nashville is ready to forgive and forget, Violet is forced to choose between Cole and claiming her spot as the new and improved Princess of Country Music.

Will Violet and Cole have the courage to live for their dreams...Or their hearts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Confession: This book made me cry while I was writing it. (Okay, sob in some scenes.)  I was so invested into Cole and Violet's characters that some of the things that happened to them actually hurt me to write...and I'm all about torturing my characters (ppsst. Don't tell! Others might not show up and let me write their story.) before they get to their happily ever after. No pain, no gain. Am I right?

And for my reward for finishing this book, I'm reading an advanced copy of Carly Phillips' s Perfect Fling !!! SQUEE!!!


So, what are you reading this weekend? 

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL!!!! Thank you Hanna. :) I'm very excited. :)

      Delete
  2. Good lord woman. So, your saying I'm going to need a box of tissues. I guess I should prepare myself when this comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad that I really hope you will need a box?

      Delete
    2. No, but I like warning. Good thing I'm stocked at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great, Marquita!!

    Right now I'm reading The Author's Tricked Out Toolbox by Tonya Kappes, and Practice Cake by Dayla Moon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jerrica! I saw that on Twitter, the one by Kappes. I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Jerrica! I hope you can take what works for you and make it your own. I'm honored you are reading The Tricked out Toolbox!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Marquita. I hope you do check it out!

      Delete
  4. You know I love Cole! Loved his boys too. ;} This is a fun story and I'm so happy you can finally share it with the world!

    ReplyDelete