Our Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Celebrating My Newest Release~ Live For You

I am so excited to announce that my New Adult contemporary romance novel, Live For You is out!!!

iTunesAmazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords
Amazon UK and Amazon Canada

The hero of Live For You is Cole Morgan, a full-time bartender and a part-time college student. And our intrepid heroine, Violet Rae Givens aka Violet Lynn, is the reigning Princess of Country Music. Both have secrets and broken hearts.  *cue dramatic music*

This book was such a departure from my usual writing. First, it's in 1st POV (not the easiest to write, IMHO). Second, I had to amp up the drama, the angst...the ohmygodiwillneverfeellikethisagain, because I clearly (ha!) remember feeling all of that in my very early twenties.  Third, this is the most I've ever tortured a hero. Ever. And the heroine didn't get out unscathed either.

In fact, I've never cried for so long and hard while writing those torture scenes.  But I did it. And now it's done. Live For You is all out in the Internet world and out of my hands, er, computer...or something like that. 

So, raise your glass and drink your favorite poison with me--because book release days make me a leeeettttllleee nervous. <G>  My drink of choice? An Appletini!



So, have you read any books in the new adult genre? What book? One lucky commentor will win an e-copy of Live For You!!!!





22 comments:

  1. Oooh, congrats, Marquita! So exciting!

    I haven't tried New Adult yet--but now I have the perfect chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I got addicted to the New Adult genre last year after reading Tammara Webber's Good For You.

      You should give her a try!

      Delete
  2. As you know, Live For You was my first New Adult novel. Love Cole and Violet and so happy they're out in the world now! Happy release day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm your first?! ;) Love it! Thank you, Andris. I couldn't have written it without you.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your release, Marquita! Lifting my Pomegranate martini in your direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM!!!!! Thanks, Ava. Guess I need to send you the pic to put on here, huh? hee!

      Delete
  4. Marquita,
    Congratulations on the new release!!! I don't think I've ever read a new adult novel, but I'd totally be open to reading one. Yours sounds awesome. (And I agree it's hard to write in first person pov, especially when you're switching back and forth between the two with different works.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha! I have a bunch of New Adult recs. One is In the Band by Jean Haus. The heroine is a drummer. :D

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Marquita! I'm excited for you. :) I have not read any New Adult books yet, though I've read some of one that Tammy Falkner is working on and L-O-V-E love it. So if that is any indication of what this whole NA thing is about, I'm probably going to be reading a lot of it. :) Guess I should hop on over and get this one on my Kindle to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Tammy's is soooo good. I totally recommend hers! :D

      I think there is a 1920s Downton Abbey version called The Heiresses by Allison Rushby ( I could be entirely wrong about the title and the name) and it looks good. :D

      Delete
    2. Downton Abbey done as a New Adult? Sign me up. LOL.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read one yet, but I certainly intend to! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in this new book :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about them, Erin, is that New Adult just like Adult romance ranges in heat level from sweet to HOLY CRAP! So, there's something for everyone!

      And thanks!

      Delete
  7. I have read a handful of New Adult books and I love the genre so far. I've had Live for You on my Goodreads to read list and I would live to read it next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vanessa!

      I can't read enough of them. Abbi Glines is another favorite of mine.

      Thank you and Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Congrats Vanessa! You won a copy of LIVE FOR YOU. Please email me at marquita . valentine @ yahoo . com !

      Delete
  8. Congrats Marquita on the newest release! I have read a few NA books and I really enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! It's great to have even more genres to pick from, isn't it?

      Delete
  9. Lol! You know I have. ;) I have also read Beverly Kendall. I have a few others that are waiting on my kindle. I just need a clone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have BK's on my TBR pile (the first one). Gosh, I need one too--to cook and clean for me. ;)

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to read it, Marquita! I LOVE the stories that give me a good cry because I know at least in the end, I'll get my HEA! So what was the driving force behind the departure from your traditional style? I'm always intrigued where the story got its inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christi! last year I was listening to The Pistol Annies song Boys From the South and BAM! An idea hit, Boys of the South. Had to write it and it had to be new adult, because why not try it. It was a challenge and I love a challenge! ;)

      But I won't stop writing my regular adult contemporaries.

      Delete