Our Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Post RT

It has been two hours since my plane landed so forgive me for not writing a more thought provoking or interesting blog. You see, I had been in Kansas City since last Monday (7 days).  Even though the RT Convention didn't start until Tuesday, I flew in early to spend time with my cousins who showed me around the city.  Like last year, RT was a great time and it flew by. I am also exhausted and couldn't write a blog right now if my life depended on it.  So, because my brain is fried, I give you photos from RT.

When not in a workshop or event, we mostly hung out in the lobby where a bar had been set up.  It should be noted that if there hadn't been a bar in the lobby, most of us likely would have been in the bar.

Ava Stone, Samantha Grace and Julie Johnstone

Claudia Dain & Deb Marlowe

Erin Knightley, Tammy Falkner & Catherine Gayle















There were a number of interesting sights from period costumes to Zombies (depending on the night or the event).

Jane Charles, Catherine Gayle
and in the lovely gown is Erin Knightley

Zombies




We also enjoyed many (too many) meals.

On the left:  Becky, Samantha Grace, Erin Knightley,
Catherine Gayle, Tammy Falkner.  On the right: Julie
Johnstone, Jane Charles, Ava Stone, Heather Snow Deb
Marlow, Claudia Dain and Sabrina Jeffries


Ava Stone and Jane Charles

Tammy Falkner, Claudia Dain, Julie
Johnstone, Samantha Grace, Catherine Gayle &
Ava Stone
















And then, there were the booksignings!






Ava Stone and Jane Charles also signed but I don't seem to have pictures of those.

And last, but not least, there were male cover models everywhere.

Even though I am exhausted and my brain is tired, I am already looking forward to RT 2013, which will take place in May and in New Orleans.  Hope to see you there!!!

27 comments:

  1. Yay! It was lovely meeting in person finally and hanging out with so many of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet people that are familiar only from the internet and new people as well.

      Delete
    2. I loved getting to talk to you! And I love that new cover of yours. :) I could look at that one all day...

      Delete
  2. Okay, I can't help but notice that Ava, in the picture with Jane, is holding a giant knife. Is she getting ready to shiv someone?! Which I totally applaud--especially if you got pictures. :)
    I'm so jealous of all the fun you ladies obviously had! Great pics of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Totally didn't notice that, Andris! Love it!

      Delete
    2. I was wondering if anyone would notice the knife. Ava didn't shiv anyone, for which I am grateful since I was the person sitting next to her ;).

      Delete
    3. She was plotting a murder...or a workshop...or something.

      Delete
    4. Not only is she holding a knife all casual like, but she's grinning ear to ear. I can't be the only one giving that a sideways glance! Baha!

      Delete
  3. Great pics, Jane! So much fun to hang with the the Ladies!

    Hope your back is feeling better..

    And somebody better post that rum-off-the-plate pic. Just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Deb. Back is getting better (crossing fingers). I can't remember who took the rum-off-the-plate picture, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it disappeared - lol.

      Delete
  4. Awwww! Awesome pics, Jane! Everyone looks amazing and like they're having so much fun. Still so bummed I couldn't make it, but we are SO on for New Orleans. I can't wait!! :)

    Oh, and ditto about the rum off the plate. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have been there, Jerrica. We missed you! However, I am already planning on New Orleans but I hope I don't have to wait a year to see you.

      Delete
    2. JERRICA!!! We missed you!!! You could have licked the plate after Jane drank the rum from it. LOL.

      Delete
  5. What a great convention it was :) So glad to have been able to see you all. I hope even more Lady Scribes can make it to New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I am hoping all the LadyScribes can attend next year.

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you posted these pictures! It’s wonderful to see our favorite authors all relaxed and having a good time. One of these days, I hope to be lucky enough to attend a convention and actually get to meet all of you! Wahoo! That would be so special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope you can too, Connie! One thing that is great about conventions like RT is that authors and readers get to meet. It's just as exciting for us as it is for you! And we're all fans, as well. I was shaking so badly after meeting Julie Garwood, let me tell you.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Catherine was shaking and giddy like a school girl. I was with her. I should have posted that picture. Connie, I hope you can make New Orleans next year.

      Delete
  7. Looking through all these pictures, I feel like I'm there all over again! It was a great time. I do have to say, though...thank goodness it's over. I slept for about 13 hours last night, and feel like I need to sleep for another 13 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I was at the day job at 8:00 this morning. I should have taken an earlier flight yesterday.

      Delete
    2. I absolutely would have taken another day off. LOL.

      Delete
  8. OMG this looks like so much fun! I'm so jealous! You ladies look like you had so much fun! Oh, and Erin's dress was stunning! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christi,

      You MUST go next year!!!

      Delete
    2. Aw - thanks! It was great fun wearing it :)

      Delete
  9. I'm with Christi! You are looked great! Very jealous. and looking forward to next year, when I am going to try and come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,

      I really hope you can go next year. You would have so much fun.

      Delete
  10. Looks like fun! Hanna Martine is actually a sorority sister of mine!

    ReplyDelete