Our Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

What's on Your To Be Read Pile?

I don't know about y'all, but Friday is always such a crazy day for my family. It seems like we speed up everything just to be able to settle down that night for Family Fun Night. And for the record, Hot Builder is dyeing WiT's hair as well as mine purple. Or rather he's retouching it.

Seriously. He's the best person for these type of jobs because his attention to detail is amazing and I don't have eyes in the back of my head. *whispers* Don't tell my kids that, because I still have them fooled into thinking I do!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to shake up our To Be Read Piles. So here's what we're going to do. Take the first letter of your name and then pick the first book that has your letter somewhere in its title and open it up to a random page and then post the third line.

I'll go first: M....The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorenson

Micha senses my uneasiness and his arms enclose around my waist. "Take a slow breath and just relax and enjoy the scenery."

I cannot wait to dive into this book! It's one that just came out this past week. :)




And now a word from our Sponsor, Cuddles the Wonder Pug. :D


What's in your pile? Please share.

Share your book pick and third line in the comments below!


3 comments:

  1. Fun, Marquita!

    S - I just started reading The Most Improper Miss Sophie Valentine yesterday. I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

    Random line - "Why?" He screwed up his small face. "Don't he want to kill people anymore?" (I take it this is a child speaking.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so, C. I picked up 'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries, which has been sitting on the TBR pile for a while.

    Random line: "I'd never throw it at your head, sir." She tilted up her chin. "Just into the fire."

    And now I must go discover what she's throwing at either his head or into the fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All here goes mine:
    M~ A Midnight Dance by Lila DiPasqua

    This going to be good: "But her thoughts scattered as he approached. Like a predator. She, his prey. Caught in a trap."

    Sounds like, well, I better not say. ;)

    ReplyDelete