Our Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

JuJu and her sidekick, Death.

Apparently, I've honked off a God. Or a powerful witch. Something. 

I don't understand it--I'm such an inoffensive, sweet, timid gal.

Not a word.

The reason I suspect the diabolical is that this past week has been hell on greased wheels.

Downhill.

With no brakes.

Yeah.

First, I was driving down the road (as one does), minding my own business, when insistent buzzing sounded. Now, for those who aren't in the know, I'm a ninny when it comes to bugs. Especially the stingy, bitey kind.

I'd rather be shot.



Anyway, I rolled down the passenger window to let the little bleeper out. No problem. Until the window wouldn't roll up. On the off chance it was my controls, I asked my little girl to roll it up from the passenger side. Well. She's never sat up front before and only did so this time because it was a short trip down the road. And because of this lack of know-how, she rolled the window further down rather than up.

I'm not proud to say I yelled so loud she jumped half out of the car and burst into tears. So, upon arriving home, I had to contend with a uncooperative window and a catatonic child.

In the rain.

For two days. 


That was last Friday.
On Monday, my fridge started leaking on the kitchen floor. I don't mean a little piddle, either.

Get your suits, kids!


Hold up, ya'll. We're not done yet.

That same day, my washer dumped a full load of water all over the laundry room floor.


I took it pretty well.



So. It's now Wednesday. On the to-do list? Price a new fridge and washer. Starting out, I was kind of excited to replace a washer that has been giving me fits for a couple of years.

Will I miss watching it shimmy across the floor like Chubby Checker? No. I will not. 

Before we go shopping...

After we return ...
Clearly, something powerful is out to snuff me. Prayers, donations and liquor happily accepted.

12 comments:

  1. Poor thing! I hope your week turns around! Missing you down here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was with you down there! The good news is, it can't get any worse, right? RIGHT?!

      Delete
  2. I have definitely had weeks like that, Andris. I'm sorry! They say bad things tend to come in threes, so I'm crossing my fingers for you that you're done for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to God's ears, Catherine! I've hit my quota for at least six months! If not, I'm going to have to be medicated from here on out. ;}

      Delete
  3. Sounds like we need liquor and chocolate. Ugh. I hate when the world plots against me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody,
      Where shall we meet? I'm in need of both. In high quantities. You bring the goods and I'll bring the need. :)

      Delete
  4. You have written about the last two weeks in my house! I kid you not. First, a not so small amount of rain collected in that 2 foot space underneath our house. As we were baling out my daughters and I pretended we were in a sinking boat. That somehow made it better? The next day the routine pest control guy came and while I like a little harmless flirting with a man in uniform, it quickly came to an end when he suggested, nay I say, informed me that we had termites. Oh, he also pointed out the 'moisture' underneath the house! And, to add insult to injury, our 5 year old hot water heater spewed the entire 50 gallon contents all over our garage. The garage that was filled with 8' lengths of siding that we were replacing from the freakin' termites. The garage that was stuffed with the contents that were underneath the house, those unused boogie boards, lawn chairs, various pieces of equipment that held no value or meaning to me. Yeah, that garage! So, Andris Bear - I hear your pain and respond accordingly. Somedays call for more wine than others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi,
      You win. I'm backing away with my hands in the air. Ha! I feel for you!

      Delete
  5. Oh Andris! Boy have I had weeks like that! Come over for a glass of wine (or maybe something stronger) and we'll cry together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava,
      Don't play surprised when I show up on your doorstep with a case of the hard stuff. ;}

      Delete
  6. Bless your heart. This is a prime example of “when it rains, it pours.” I’m hoping that next week will be a fabulous one for you and that you forget the misery of this one. Sending you cyber hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      Thank you! I need all the hugs and sympathy I can get! Here's hoping the nasty cloud hovering over my house has finally run out of rain! :)

      Delete