Our Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Release Day!

I've got my Kermit flail at the ready!

Today is the official release day for Angel Unleashed! 



I've been dying to share this book since I started writing it because Jake and Liadin are not your typical hero and heroine.Much like Suzanne Johnson (see post here), I turned the tables on my characters.

I've forced my take charge, alpha hero, a human Detective with the Raleigh Police Department, into an uncomfortable role (for him--I found it quite delightful).
He isn't the strong one. He isn't the one in the know. And he sure as hell isn't the one in charge.

His heroine, Liadin, an Archangel, isn't all goodness and light. She's cold, determined, and could lay him flat in a second. 

Here's the blurb:

When tenacious archangel Liadin is forced to shadow a mortal, she’s tempted to ditch the responsibility of her new charge and return to the battlefield. But Detective Jacob Ryder isn’t all he seems. He’s been to the realm of the dead and brought something back with him. Even worse, Liadin finds herself inexplicably drawn to the brooding detective.

Haunted by betrayal, Jake regards everyone with suspicion, especially the mysterious dark beauty with eyes as pale as ice. But when Hell places a bounty on his head, Jake realizes he can’t solve his partner’s death or hope to survive without her.

Thrust together against their will in a war against the darkest entities of Hell, Jake and Liadin must work together to thwart a common enemy. And brave the forbidden hunger consuming them both.

Do you like when the characters roles are switched up or do you prefer them to stay tried and true? Personally, as long as they have great chemistry, I love it all!


15 comments:

  1. Andris! Congrats on the release! The story looks/sounds awesome. (And you know me - anytime someone has the upper hand with a cop, I'm happy. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that is why you would enjoy it, Ava! Baha! She does knock him flat, too. ;)

      Delete
    2. Knocks him flat?! Even better! ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Andris! I'm excited for you, and I LOVE the covers you have for this series. I'm a big fan of stories that take characters out of their comfort zones. It always creates some nice drama, and you get to see how they cope with trying situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! I like stories that surprise me too. It doesn't even have to be a big twist--just a small detail that doesn't go in the direction I expect. :) Keeps things interesting.

      Delete
  3. I love to be surprised by characters. Anything that makes them interesting draws me in. I'm thinking a really strong heroine like Liadin needs a strong hero, so I'm sure Jake is no pushover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations!!! The book sounds wonderful!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Samantha! No, Jake is no pushover, which Liadin learns the hard way. :D

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new release, Andris!!

    I agree -- as long as there's great chemistry, I'm on board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jerrica! Me too--as long as their is chemistry, I don't mind a switch up. Love that!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the release, Adris--it sounds terrific! (And you know I love jostling those character roles around--chemistry is the key!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! I loved writing them in opposite roles!

      Delete
  6. Congrats, Andris! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I am late to the party. But, CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late to the party, too, but this sounds delicious! I love stories where the characters have to play against type! Will definitely be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete