Yarr!! It’s that day again where everyone sets their Facebook language to “pirate speak” and you hear Avast quite a few times. It’s a fun day and I’ve celebrated it since its inception in 1995. In the year 2000 I had joined a pirate gaming guild and this was our favorite day of the year.
So I thought I would share the official website with you, some pirate pick-up lines, my pirate picks of the year with you today. And how crazy is it that coincidentally that my blog day fell on International Talk like a Pirate day? It’s fate I tell ye!
My pirate picks of 2013!
· My pirate pick of the year for a research website is hands down Pirate in Fact or Fiction
· My pirate pick of the year for famous historical pirate is Bartholomew Roberts. As the most successful pirate of the Golden age of pirates, the Welsh pirate was a brilliant strategist and leader. Black Bart managed to capture 470 prize ships in his career. You can learn more about him here.
· My chosen children’s pirate book of the year is: Pirate Potty by Samantha Berger. I mean anyone creative enough to combine the two subjects is, after all, brilliant.
· My chosen pirate romance book of the year (Although you’re welcome to check out my own *insert cheesy grin*) is *drumroll*: Blood and Treasure by Jennifer Bray-Weber
· Non-fiction book of the year is: Barbados a True and Exact History of the Island Barbados by Richard Ligon (Which isn't exclusively all about pirates but there is quite a bit of piratical history involved in the creation of the island that I think it deserves the award.)
· Game of the year for me is hands down Assassins Creed The Black Flag, despite that it isn't out quite yet, it is the most anticipated game of the year. So it wins with me. You can see the trailer here and wait for the release date of October 29th with me!
· My pirate movie of the year? Must you ask?? Pirates of the Caribbean part four! Jack Sparrow at his finest.
Now onto the fun stuff! Captain Slappy’s top ten pick up lines for gents:
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Avast ye, lily-livered land lubbers, consider yerselves enlightened. Remember to clean yer belayin pins, trim yer sails, and celebrate one of the most fun days of the year. In lieu of International Talk like a Pirate Day and to thank you for reading this blog you can download Wrong Kind of Paradise for free with this coupon code: MP27S. Now take the pirate quiz and find out yer pirate name here and let me know what 'tis in the comments section! Argh! Mine be:
Mad Bess Kidd
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!