Our Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Our Favorite Things

Well, the holidays are fast approaching, and the malls are already getting crowded. You can just feel that Christmas spirit as people elbow you out of the way to get to the cash register, can't you??

Think of me as the Ghost of Christmas Presents. That's right...presents. Because along with my fellow Lady Scribes, we're here to help make your holiday shopping a little easier. Here's a list of some awesome things we love that you can either make at home for super cheap or order online and have delivered to your (or someone else's) doorstep...

1) Jerrica Recommends: The Wet Brush
    Thanks to a very good friend of mine with toddlers, I've discovered this miracle of a brush! You can run it through wet or dry hair, unafraid of tangles, and enjoy the amazing, shining benefits! I love this brush, but even better, my snaggle-haired daughter loves this brush!

2) Jerrica (also) Recommends: Homemade Peppermint Sugar Srcub
    Make this at home with ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard -- 1C sugar, 1/4 coconut oil, 6 drops peppermint essential oil. Put into 4oz mason jars! I made this for the first time yesterday, and it. is. heavenly. Smells just like a candy cane!

The decoration needs a little work, but you get the idea :)

3) Ava Stone Reccomends: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm
   In case you missed last week's Romance Ramblings, Ava can't say enough about this lip balm. It's softening and doesn't taste like mint (which her boyfriend appreciates very much.)

4) Jennifer Lohmann Recommends: Homemade Deodorant
    I have a homemade deodorant (I swear it's the best stuff of earth!). It's from the blog Chocolate and Zucchini (http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2013/06/homemade_natural_deodorant_travel-friendly.php). I've not made the travel friendly stuff yet, but I swear by the original.

5) Jennifer Lohmann (also) Recommends: Dryer Balls
    I'm always on the hunt for more earth- and body-friendly products, so I also love these wool dryer balls (http://www.stoneymountainfarm.com/pages/product-list/wool-dryer-balls.php). The ones I use are made locally, but you can also make your own. Neither of these favorite things require the maker to be very crafty, so you can give them (maybe giving deodorant is a bit iffy ) without needing to be able to sew.

6) Jane Charles Recommends:  Hot Salt Sha-bang (or any Posh product at the moment).
    It is perfect for tired, sore or tight muscles.  Rub it in and either take a hot bath or shower (bath is best) and you will still feel the warmth in your muscles after you have dried off an dressed. I will not travel without it.

7) Suzanne Johnson Recommends: Personalized Photo Gift
    There are so many places online to get inexpensive photo products that I try to choose a picture that's meaningful to whoever's getting the gift, and have something made--a mug or throw or jigsaw puzzle. Custom tree ornaments, iPad cases, all kinds of stuff! A great place to go for this kind of thing is artscow.com--they're always having some kind of terrific special!

8) Judi Fennel Recommends: Massage Chair
    My favorite gift ever that keeps on giving (though if you charge it, it keeps on taking... since it's kind of expensive), is my massage chair from Costco. It's coming in handy now that I'm home recovering from surgery and have do a lot of sitting. The leg massage helps with that prevent-blood-clot thing. But, yeah, my favorite gift to get. And one is all you get.

9) Andris Bear Recommends: Scentsy
   I’d have to say my Scentsy! My mom gave it to me last Christmas and rarely do I not turn it on.

10)  Samantha Grace Recommends: Purse Organizer
    I don't have one of these, but I want one for my giant Thirty One Cindy Tote. The tote is sturdy and can hold my laptop, notebooks, library books, etc. And it has wide pockets on the sides that are perfect for my smart phone. But this would be awesome to have. 

11) Samantha Grace (also) Recommends: Sonia Kashuk Lipstick
    I also love Sonia Kashuk's lipstick. It is moist, goes on smooth, and smells like chocolate!

12) Julie Johnstone Recommends: Personalized Wine Bottles
    I love to give nice bottles of wine with personalized Christmas stickers attached. I mean who doesn't love wine? Most people I know won't usually buy an expensive bottle of wine on an every day basis and I love to make it a little more personal by having stickers created for the family that they can use all Christmas. They say something like: Merry Christmas from The Johnstones.

13) Julie Johnstone (also) Recommends: Wreaths
    This Christmas, I'm giving a lot of people wreaths from Frontgate, though. I'm buying early and having them delivered before December 1st. Someone did that for me one year, and I loved it.

So there you have it! Thirteen great gift ideas for your loved ones! Now we'd love to know...what are YOUR favorite gifts to give?? 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. very comfortable chair i feel very relaxed when i massage on this massage chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stink because I didn't get you my favorite thing in time. Charms for wine glasses. How often do glasses get mixed up at a party? I love these things because they're fun and functional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love wine charms! Those are a great idea for a gift, Sara! :)

      Delete
  3. I love accessories, so for gift exchanges, I like to get a cool scarf or bangles, etc. I think it would be fun for someone who loves to cook to receive a basket with items they might not buy for themselves. Saffron, truffle oil, a nice chutney...

    I love our Scentsy, and I have to get one of those brushes for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually give my family members calendars that I design using pictures that I've taken throughout the year. Otherwise it's some kind of snack tin lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, I do the calendar too, all of the kiddo. I always title it something like "Yet another year of Bella..." Lol

      Delete
  5. Lovely ideas ladies, thank you. I usually give people items to do with their hobbies.

    ReplyDelete