Our Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Promotions and Making #1 in Most Popular Books in Historical Romance Amazon Bestseller List!

Highland Rake
I’m doing a BIG promotion for the new release of The Highlander, 5th book in the series. So this is Highland Rake, 3rd book. I have NEVER put these Highland books on sale.  So for one week only, I put Highland Rake on sale for 99 cents. :)  And with a BookBub ad this is what happened:

I made #1 in Most Popular Books in Historical Romances the other morning on Amazon, and so took a screen shot before my instant of fame vanished!!! And Amazon  bestseller list of #41 of ALL kindle books!!!
 
 
Most Popular Books in Historical Romances
Terry Spear
Taming the Wild Highlander (The Hig...Taming the Wild Highlander (The Hig.

Product Details


Dougald MacNeill is the next to youngest MacNeill brother and he’s not about to settle down, until Lady Alana Cameron is placed squarely in his lap…and then, the trouble begins.

When Dougald finds Alana roaming the heather on the MacNeill lands, he takes her in hand to see his laird brother James at Craigly Castle to determine her fate. But who has sent her there and why? Her uncle, laird of the Cameron clan, that has warred with the MacNeills for years, has made a marriage arrangement with another clan and now that is even at stake.

Having witnessed her father’s death, and even believing he had returned her home when all along he had been dead, Alana discovers she has the gift, or curse, of seeing the newly departed and sometimes those who should have long ago passed over. Her own deceased brother continues to plague her, the rake, and now another, who is very much of the flesh, Dougald MacNeill, has her thinking marrying a rake might just have its benefits. Dougald’s sister, who is one feisty ghost, has offered to help Alana keep Dougald in line if he thinks of even straying.

But who sent Alana on a fool’s errand in the first place to remove her from the Cameron’s lands and set her squarely in Dougald’s care, and who really killed her father and her brother, and what has it all to do with Alana? Will she and Dougald learn the truth before it is too late?
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Itunes
Smashwords
All Romance Ebooks

So for one brief moment in time, I was on top of the world. A print screen saved the moment for all eternity. And now, it's back to finishing up another book--the reality.

Do you ever feel that elation? And then, something like--hey, get over it, you got to get back to work, kicks in? When you really, really want to just bask in the glow of the accomplishment for days, instead???

Terry, the Elated
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality.”
www.terryspear.com

19 comments:

  1. Terry,
    Congratulations! I've certainly had moments of elation in my life, such as both times I learned I was pregnant with my kids, I cried tears of joy. The day I received "The Call" with an offer for a book contract left me walking on air.

    A memorable moment in my day job was when I learned that the State reviewer who had followed me on a patient visit gushed about my performance in the exit interview, which is when the reviewer sits down with all the bigwigs in a medical facility to tell them the results of the audit. I was told everyone in the room was brought to tears. I wish I could have heard what she said, but it felt pretty amazing to hear about the result anyway. I received a personal note from my administrative director, but no raise. LOL

    I can't wait to hear what moments have left others elated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a couple moments of elation in my life. The day my first e-book cover hit Amazon is certainly one of them. The days when my nieces and nephews were born, the day I became the first person in my family to get into a big ten University and others. My biggest elation is very tightly knit with my my biggest devastation, the day I learned I was pregnant with my son was my highest peak, and the day I learned that I had lost him was my lowest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty,
      You've had some great accomplishments and I expect more great things are coming your way. I'm so sorry about your loss. It's one of those things we don't forget. Big hugs for you!

      Delete
    2. I call it a timing thing, wrong time in my life. As bad as this sounds I was better off. I have had a few good events.

      Delete
    3. You have a wonderfully strong spirit, Misty. Such an inspiration.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Samantha, that's so great!!! And something you can carry with you forever.

    So sorry to hear about your loss, The Book Bin. But all your wonderful accomplishments are commendable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Terry! That's fantastic! My memorable moments are definitely when I learned I was pregnant--the first two were shockers, but we planned the third. Naturally, he's my biggest challenge. That'll teach me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andris!

      Lol on the kiddos!!! That's cute.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Terry! I will admit that I don't bask in my elation for as long as I probably should. I'm a quick "Yay!" and then move on to the next item person. If the elation is over soon, it's usually me doing it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I always have deadlines!!! So for me, it's the same way, but I was so stuck on a current WIP that I had lunch out with a friend, went to see a movie, came home, and was inspired! So sometimes celebrating, or just plain old taking a break, can help. :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats, Terry!!! I know that feeling and it's AWESOME! Although, a little surreal. And then, I don't know about you, but I start to obsess!! If I slip in the rankings, I spaz out. Of course, my mind tells me "It's cyclical! You'll have another turn at the top! Chill out!!!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerrica, once I saw all the number 1 stuff, I have NOT looked again. I refuse to. LOL I want to remember for all eternity all those 1s. LOL I knew it would slip soon, so it didn't matter. I just wanted to get my print screen of it, and go back to writing. :) And yes, write another book and who knows? You might do the same thing again. But no obsessing. Just need to finish the deadline book. :)

      Delete
  7. First...CONGRATULATIONS! I don't care how long you were up there...you were up there and some of us authors would cut off our pinky to be up there even for a nano-second. Well, maybe not cut off any fingers because that would definitely make typing hard! Your series is amazing...I adore anything and everything Scottish themed. There is something so deliciously romantic of the place and people! As for me...I'm trying to think if I've ever had a major accomplishment that I basked in and had to let go and get back to work...but have come up empty. Hopefully it will be my snapshot moment of being at the top of Amazon's list?! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Christi, thanks so much! And yes, go for it! Once, a NY Times bestselling author said that she was told to reach for the Gold. Not 2nd best, but making the highest point she could. Instead of just settling for published, that she was striving to make the NY Times. But it's not that easy.

      I've heard several authors say that the book that made it wasn't a book they thought would. LOL So it's really hard to say what will take off and be the next best seller. I'm still trying to think up a Twilight fan fiction Highland story... LOL :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats, that's an awesome accomplishment and very well deserved. I know you'll surpass that soon.
    My major moments were graduating Magna Cum Laude and the birth of my two kids. Hopefully soon I'll get a moment like yours if I can ever finish my book, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Steph, you can!!!! But you definitely need to finish the book. :) Great on your honors and of course your kids. Mine are an absolute treasure and give me joy all the days of my life. They're grown now, and when I went to the zoo with my daughter in Houston last Friday, her coworkers were like "Why are you going to the zoo? You don't have any kids." Her standard statement is: "Remember, Mom's a romance writer." She pauses dramatically. They smile. They've heard this before. "She does research for the shifters she writes about to make them as accurate as can be." They all want to meet me because I'm so funny. LOL :) My SIL was so cute. I was taking pictures when we went to Old Town Spring, and he was watching out for me so they didn't lose me. :) I just had to get pictures of all the interesting shops and gazebos and whatnot. :) So even as they're grown, my kids are my life. Seeing my son and daughter-in-law for Thanksgiving. Know where we're going? To the wolf park and to the zoo. They don't have to have kids either. :)

      Delete
  9. HUGE Congrats, Terry!!!! You are a rock star xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Major congrats, Terry! My major moments are the birth of my three boys, the day my son graduated high school, and the day I received my own high school diploma after having to quit school to get a job and raise my son. I returned to school almost a decade later and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I'll be returning to college this coming up year so that will be another exciting moment in my life. It's never too late to improve on your life. I have so many major moments I'm not sure I could name them all, needless to say there were worth every single second of struggle. =D

    ReplyDelete