Our Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Like Jerrica, I'm very sad to be writing my last post at Lady Scribes.  :-(   Real life and work are both busy--in a good way--and chaotic--in a driving-me-nuts way--and I'm finding I just don't have enough hours in the day.

But I want to do something fun for my last post--so I thought I'd take a cue from Oprah and play My Favorite Things.  And since our Christmas contest is still going on at our Facebook page, I thought I'd do it Holiday style!

Our Christmas tree is a hodgepodge, filled with ornaments representing all of our various interests over the years, from my historical and nutcracker ornaments to Valiant Husband's Star Trek, to the boys' Buzz Lightyear, Star Wars and Harry Potter obsessions.

I thought I'd share some of my favorites, just as we're asking you to do on Facebook for a chance at those great prize packs:



This is my landau ornament that my fab critique partner, Sabrina Jeffries, gave me.







Here's one of my Clara ornaments, from the Nutcracker.  I also have countless Nutcrackers, 2 Herr Drosselmyers and a Mouse King.


This also shows my Purple Heart ornament, a gift from my dear friend Caren Crane, symbolizing the wounds received in our shared quest for publication.  :-)

And you guys know about my Nutcracker collection--I can't leave without showing you my newest--an Egyptian Pharaoh that my boys gave me last year.  Isn't he cool?

Tell us about your favorite Holiday decorations! And don't forget, if you post a pic on our FB page, you'll be in the running for those great prizes!

I'll be back to visit, but in the meantime, I'm wishing you all a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. We'll miss you, Deb. It has been a pleasure to have you as part of the Lady Scribes, and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to get to know you. I'm sure we'll still see each other at RT. :)

    I collect Santas. My husband's aunt carved two Santas out of driftwood and gave them to us as a wedding gift. The collection just grew from there. I have Santa tree ornaments and Santa figures. I posted a picture of my collection on my FB page, but I should post it to the Lady Scribes FB page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom collects Santas too. But a hand carved gift like that is amazing!

    I'll miss you guys, but I'll pop back in whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniff sniff* So I was right about this whole year leaving thing. Lol. We'll miss you Deb!!! Why does life always get in the way of our relationship?!! :)
    The best of luck and well wishes to you too~

    And those ornaments! How come I'm not surprised that Sabrina would gift such an awesome ornament like that one! It's so her. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss you too, kipha, but I'll watch for you on Twitter and Facebook!
      Yes, Sabrina gives good gifts! :-)

      Delete