Our Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Party with author Julie Johnstone!



Release day is here!




Does anything quite say happy release day like convincing your husband to read an excerpt from your book?

I think not!

So without further delay here is the Marquess of Johnstone, my husband, reading from my newest A Whisper of Scandal Novel, DANCING WITH A DEVIL!

This is book three in the Scandal series!

Today on Facebook at the Lady Scribes page https://www.facebook.com/events/529298423853974/ I am hosting a release day party! Come on over and help me celebrate the release of my new book! Twelve fantastic authors have gathered to help me party the morning, day and night away. The virtual release party runs from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm tonight. Come by anytime and comment for a chance to win e-books and print books of mine and these fabulous authors!

Writing new books is always an adventure and this book was more adventurous than usual! Just when I thought I was done and had turned in the final version to my editor I sat back on my heels, thinking I had some much needed free time on my hands, only to receive my edits a few weeks later and almost faint!

My editor thought I had started my book in the wrong place! After crying-just joking, denial-not joking-, and finally pulling up my proverbial writer big girl pants, I sat back down at my computer and wrote eight, yes you heard me right, EIGHT new chapters at the beginning of my book! Then I rewrote three chapters and added too many flushed out scenes to count! But in the end, my amazing editor was right and I am very proud of this book.

For a little fun I am giving you the original first line of the book and the first line of the book I ended up with after I rewrote the beginning. You tell me which is which, which you like better and why! One lucky person who comments will win a copy of my new e-book and another lucky person who comments will win an autographed copy of the print version, which will be available in two weeks!


1. Lady Audrey Cringlewood refused to fall victim to the same fate her mother had. This was precisely why when the Marquess of Davenport crooked his long finger at her, she squared her shoulders and followed the notorious rake into the Duchess of Primwitty’s guest bedchamber.

2. It was a rare moment indeed that Lady Audrey Cringlewood allowed herself to succumb to the insecurities constantly trying to besiege her, but as she stole a quick glance at the empty wooden chair beside her self-doubt filled her chest and made her squirm in her seat.

If you would like to purchase this book you can find it at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords! Simply click on the links! It should be available at Apple, Kobo and Sony in a week!

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Julie, I'm super excited to be part of the release day party! Congrats on the new release! :)

    One quick thing...the video is marked as "private" so we can't watch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Mr. Johnstone! The ladies might start recruiting you for Tuesday Teasers. :)

    Congratulations, Julie!!! I'm so excited about your release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new release, Julie! You must be so excited! Three cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you on this new release Julie!

    ReplyDelete