Our Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's Up, Wednesday?

This week's question posed to the ladies and our author friends...

What was the last romantic movie you watched?


The Carolina Theatre in Durham shows retro movies and the theater rights to Dirty Dancing were finally available, so I watched Dirty Dancing ON THE BIG SCREEN. So, so good. Patrick Swayze is so, so hot. Oh, baby, that movie is good.
~Jennifer Lohmann, A Promise for the Baby

My husband had Silver Linings Playbook on the other night, and it pulled me in again. I love this movie so much! It's one I could watch a thousand times and never get tired of it. 
~Samantha Grace, The Heart of a Duke


I watched North and South. Again. Richard Armitage. *sigh* I even had the Hobbit playing in the background as I wrote last night to hear that voice, LOL!
~Aileen Fish, The Incorrigible Mr. Lumley

Mine was Winter's Tale :) 
~Jerrica Knight Catania, The Wary Widow

Believe it or not, I caught Splash on TV the other day. Racier than I remember!
~Erin Knightley, Flirting with Fortune

The last romance movie I watched was Hope Floats that stars Harry Connick Jr. and Sandra Bullock. I  have seen the movie at least six times and I love it! It's about a woman who finds out her husband is cheating on her and spirals into depression and then pulls herself out of it while rediscovering her independent self.
~Julie Johnstone, Dancing with a Devil





Now it's your turn. What was the last romantic movie you watched?

15 comments:

  1. The last romance movie I watched was About Time. It was a very unusual story and not a typical romance, but both my husband and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen About Time. I'll have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. It was Sunday evening at midnight, on the Ion channel; When Harry Met Sally. It was my first time seeing it and stayed up till 2am watching it even if I had to wake up 3 hours later for work. And I loved it!!!!

    "Men and women can not be friends because the sex will get in the way." ~ Harry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be my favorite movie of all time!

      Delete
  3. I think you have the wrong North and South picture up there, although I do love the Civil War miniseries North and South and back in high school when they re-showed it on a cable channel I spent every Saturday night recording it and taking the commercials out. I still have those VHS tapes.
    Anyway, back to your question. I read this before I took the boys to school and racked my brain trying to figure out my answer. The answer is Persuasion with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds, but I could hardly believe that I watched it last summer. I don't watch too many movies anymore, unless you count all the superhero movies my husband watches while I sit in the same room with him reading on my Nook. In that case would Thor be considered a romantic movie? He just watched that on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the only one that came up last night when I did a search. Now the correct one is up. :) I had to leave Patrick Swayze up too, because it's Patrick Swayze and we have a theme going. ;)

      Thor definitely has a romantic element, so I say yes! I really enjoyed the Thor movies.

      Delete
  4. I just watched Grumpy Old Men the other night. While it is a comedy I still have always thought of Grumpy Old Men as being slightly romantic too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J, "About Time" is now one of my favorite movies! I really loved it and will probably buy it. Ki, "When Harry Met Sally has some of the best lines ever, doesn't it? Sarah, good call on the cover for North & South. I would call Thor romantic - look how many women fell in love with him, LOL! Misty, Grumpy Old Men does have a romance in one of the plot lines. I enjoyed that about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't watched many movies, but Sweet Home Alabama was on TV recently. I can't resist watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Pitch Perfect. More comedy than romance, but there's a little. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There's a romantic element. My daughter loves that movie, and I enjoyed it too. :)

      Delete
    2. My daughter & I like that one. My husband, too! :)

      Delete