Our Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Celebrating the Release of "Never Courted, Suddenly Wed"!

I am so incredibly excited about the release of "Never Courted, Suddenly Wed", Book 2 in my Scandalous Seasons series. Christopher, Earl of Waxham was never intended as Miss Sophie Winters' hero. I'd originally imagined Sophie with the Duke of Mallen. However, after two starts of 15,000 words each, I could not get Waxham out of my head. He insisted that Sophie was his heroine. Alas, who am I to argue with such a determined hero?

Scheduled to release tomorrow, April 29th, I've decided to do an early release event with Lady Scribes! I'll be giving away a copy to one person who stops by and comments. *Winner will be posted in the comments section tomorrow!



Blurb

Christopher Ansley, Earl of Waxham, has constructed a perfect image for the ton--the ladies love him and his company is desired by all. Only two people know the truth about Waxham’s secret. Unfortunately, one of them is Miss Sophie Winters.

Sophie Winters has known Christopher since she was in leading strings. As children, they delighted in tormenting each other. Now at one and twenty, she still has a tendency to find herself in scrapes, and her marital prospects are slim.

When his father threatens to expose his shame to the ton, unless he weds Sophie for her dowry, Christopher concocts a plan to remain a bachelor. What he didn't plan on, was falling in love with the lively, impetuous Sophie. As secrets are exposed, will Christopher’s love be enough when she discovers his role in his father’s scheme?
Sophie stole a peek from the corner of her eye.
Christopher sat back; his expertly folded white cravat a stark contrast to the midnight black fabric of his coat. His broad shoulders filled the sabre leg dining chair and he studied her with an inscrutable expression. From the relaxed line of his square jaw, to the almost bored expression in his eyes, he maintained a remarkable composure. Drat the man! How she wished she could remain as cool and unaffected by the insufferable bounder.
“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare, my lord?” she said for his ears alone.
He drummed his fingertips along the arms of his chair. “Christopher will suffice.”
“Very well, don’t you know it’s rude to stare, Christopher?”
His brows dipped. “You’ve not changed at all.”
She touched her palm to her breast. “Why, thank you.”
Christopher’s jaw hardened. “That was not a compliment.”
She smiled up at him. “Oh, I knew that.”
“It’s no wonder…” His gaze fell to her d├ęcolletage and the words died on his lips.
…you are still unwed.           
She glared at him, having little doubt as to what he’d been about to utter. “What was that, Christopher?”
He blinked several times. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”
But it had been there and Sophie hated that it stung as it did. It never ceased to stun her with the fact that no matter who uttered those words—her mother, brother, strangers, or even this man she’d grown alongside as a child—they always managed to hurt.
“Waxham, do tell us. The scandal sheets have mentioned you’re in the market for a wife.”
Sophie winced at her mother’s blunt statement. “There’s no question there, Mother.”
Her mother blinked in apparent confusion. “I beg your pardon?”
You said, Waxham, do tell us. You followed it with a statement. There was no question there.”
Mother’s mouth formed a small moue of displeasure. “Very well. Are you in the market for a wife, Waxham?”
Sophie picked up her fork and knife and speared a piece of the heavily seasoned meat. She popped it into her mouth and chewed, all the while wishing she could slip under the tablecloth and hide from the disgusted twitch of Christopher’s lips. Sophie very well knew her mother to be a salacious gossip and was cause for much shame.
A loud guffaw burst from the Marquess of Milford’s chest. “I keep telling the boy it’s about time he settles down. Hopefully he intends to heed my advice.” The pointed look he shot toward his son did not go unmarked by Sophie.
Christi Caldwell, the bestselling author of “Forever Betrothed, Never the Bride,” and “A Season of Hope”, blames Judith McNaught's "Whitney, My Love!" for luring her into the world of historical romance. While sitting in her graduate school apartment at the University of Connecticut, Christi decided to set aside her notes and pick up her laptop to try her hand at romance. She believes the most perfect heroes and heroines have imperfections, and she rather enjoys torturing them before crafting them a well-deserved happily ever after! 
Christi makes her home in southern Connecticut where she spends her time writing her own enchanting historical romances and being a full-time wife and mother!

Visit www.christicaldwellauthor.com to learn more about what Christi is working on, or join her on Facebook at Christi Caldwell Author and Twitter @ChristiCaldwell !

                                     Buy Links

Amazon--Kindle

Smashwords--

Barnes and Noble--Nook
Coming April 29th!!!

31 comments:

  1. Christi,
    Congratulations on the new release! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure readers will fall in love with Sophie and Christopher. You write very charming and funny characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samantha! That means a lot coming from you. And I'm really excited.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! on my TBR list. Shared & tweeted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! And I can't wait to have you here at Lady Scribes tomorrow talking about your latest book!!!

      Delete
  3. Loved this book, Christi!!! so thrilled for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot, Nancy. The book is a large product of your wonderful critique support. So thank you for all your support!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations this book sounds as amazing as the first one! I'll have to add this to my "To Buy List" on Amazon. At this rate my husband is going to cut my book allowance again. ....lol.

    angelheart618@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know all about that allowance thing! And thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  5. I am also waiting. I fear the young lady sounds a wee bit like all the girls in my family..... Interesting that we all married men from a long way away..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think that makes for interesting characters...in real life and on the page! : )

      Delete
  6. Still my favorite cover. Happy early release

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so sweet! Thank you, Melody. I love it, too!

      Delete
  7. You know how much I loved the book, Christi! Shared all over the place. Wishing you tons and tons of sales! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your great feedback, Collette! Your support means a great deal to me. And thank you for sharing it!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the new release!
    Can't wait to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks marvelous! It is on my TBR and TRPurchased lists! I too suffer from not enough credit on my Amazon gift card balance...too many good books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a support group for people like us, lisascrapbooker! And thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the book release (tomorrow)! I am so ready to read this and I know it's going to be fabulous. I have been saving the balance on my B&N gift card so I can get it as soon as it's available.
    Loved the excerpt! Do the girls have their sparkly, frilly dresses ready?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too sweet, Sarah! Thank you for the kind words...I'm truly flattered. As for the girls, they had their matching pink sparkle gowns. Well, it would seem I have the world's largest premie twins...and They've outgrown their size 3 month clothes already! I'm going to see what I can pull together for dresses to celebrate the release! Stay-tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so looking forward to reading this, Christi. I love your books and am completely blown away at how you manage to do all that you do and write too. You rock!

    Congratulations! :-)

    Connie Fischer
    conniecape@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so good for my ego, Connie! ; ) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  13. I'm soooo thankful for this post because I wouldn't have known about your new release, Christi! Yikes! If you have a newsletter, I guess I better sign up for it posthaste!? And you have twins! Oh my, how special. I remember when our twin granddaughters were born 11 years ago...it has been so exciting watching them grow and become their own person, but still very close to their twin. There are also trying times (double trouble as they say), but mostly it's just fun fun fun! I wish you good luck with your continued writing as I imagine balancing that with your twin care can be exciting in itself. :-) Thanks for your post. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janice! I'm so glad you found me! : ) I do not have a newsletter....but perhaps, I should get one! So thank you for the inadvertent tip! And thank you for the well-wishes. My heart is near to bursting every day from happiness from these two little angels!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on teh new release the excerpt is really mouth watering so i can't wait to read more
    thanks

    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Melody May for winning a copy of "Never Courted, Suddenly Wed"! Melody, if you wouldn't mind emailing me your email address, I'll work out the details to get you your copy! Email me at christicaldwellauthor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new book Christi, it does sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete