Our Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Up, Wednesday?

This week's question…
What's your morning pick-me-up, coffee or tea? Maybe a soda? A smoothie?

I drink a cup of coffee every morning. And, since it's just me and it's just one cup of coffee, I buy beans from a local Durham roasting company, Counter Culture Coffee, and the Clever Coffee Dripper. That one cup is going to be the best cup I can make it!
~Jennifer Lohmann

I pick myself up every morning with a cup of Starbucks Coffee! My habit got really expensive so I now make my Starbucks at home. I even have the mocha powder to make my Cafe Mocha Skinny!
~Julie Johnstone

Gotta have my coffee fix, preferably Community Coffee with Chicory, which I developed an addiction to from living in New Orleans for almost fifteen years. I'm happy dancing because they're making K-Cups for my Keurig now. I'm also addicted to Italian Sweet Cream sugar-free creamer.
~Suzanne Johnson

I drink a few cups of coffee and a few cups of tea every day. I think that's the hazard of having a toddler. After a year of being caffeine free, I practically need an IV-drip of it to help me function after Doodle Bug wakes me up at the butt-crack of dawn.
~Kat Latham

Coffee and Facebook. :)
~Samantha Grace

A nap! ; ) the twins are up all night so sleeping comes before all else! Yes, even food and drink! But my morning beverage of choice is warm water with a half packet of True Lemon!
~Christi Caldwell

So far, we're all coffee folks. What about you, readers? Coffee, tea, or something else?

Samantha is giving away a copy (ebook or print-winner's choice) of The Heart of a Duke today. If you would like to be entered into the drawing, be sure to include your email address with your comment. 

17 comments:

  1. Coffee lots of it.......just give me the iv drip and I'll be happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha… You would fit right in with my husband's family. I was a little miffed with him this morning for finishing off the pot. I made 8 cups and only had one. When I went back for my second one, there was an eighth of an inch left. Grr!

      But to be fair, I never drank coffee before we started dating, so I guess that gives him seniority. :)

      Delete
    2. There is always a pot made in this house and when it nears its end........I have my Keurig lol

      Delete
  2. I drink a glass of OJ with my breakfast; but, otherwise, I just drink plenty of water throughout the day, so dehydration won't drag me down.
    jmcgaugh (at) semo (dot) edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee but I have tried to cut down on the amount of coffee that I drink. I used to drink 4-5 a day now I can maybe 2 but mostly 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to drink a lot more coffee in the winter. I'm up to 3 cups a day now. I've cut it out of my diet completely in the past, but it keeps pulling me back in. :)

      Delete
  4. I keep trying to give up Coke, but I NEED it! Not so good for the waistline, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soda is hard to kick. I used to drink diet Pepsi, but I gave up all soda about 2 years ago. I don't know that I feel any better or worse, but I just don't crave it anymore. I couldn't give up coffee, though. I figure we all need something for a treat. :)

      Delete
  5. Coffee!!!! I love the coffee mate liquid creamers and I have a variety of flavors.
    efender1(at)gmail(dot)c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care for sodas or smoothies, but I love my morning coffee. In the early afternoon, I enjoy a nice glass of iced tea. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a restaurant in town that has the best iced tea. It has a subtle cinnamon taste that I wouldn't think I'd like, but it is fantastic. I asked what they use and the server said it was a mix of several loose leaf teas that they put together themselves. Not very helpful. :/

      Delete
  7. tea

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me it's tea i can stand coffe but in the morning in particular i enjoy a tea i found in Malta and that i managed to stach a little provision of it^^
    On sunday i prefer to take a caotina ( Swiss chocolate /cocoa( hot or cold but hot in my case)

    thank you a lot for the giveaway
    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like instant coffee with cream and 2 sugars. Thanks for the giveaway!!
    carolynlmc@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually drink a small glass of milk (or chocolate milk) in the morn and drink water the rest of the morning. Boring, I know! I've never been a coffee drinker..

    ReplyDelete