Our Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's Up, Wednesday?

This week's question…
Apparently May starts National Barbecue Month here in the United States. Do you like to barbecue or grill outside in the summer? What's your favorite thing to grill or barbecue?

My favorite thing about grilling or barbecuing is letting someone else do it for me! I love to cook, but cooking outside doesn't interest me at all. I have a nice grill, though, if someone wants to make me dinner!
~Jennifer Lohmann 

I live in a major barbecue zone, so my favorite thing is to drive over to the Barbecue House in downtown Auburn (Alabama) and pick up pulled pork and side dishes like potato salad and Brunswick stew. And pie. Did I mention pie?
--Suzanne Johnson

I'm a vegetarian, so when people start talking about barbecues they often give me a look like, "Oh, crud, we'll have to get something special for you." I've had waaay more than my fair share of veggie burgers. My husband is a keen barbecuer, and he makes fantastic things for me. My favorite are grilled kebabs made of red peppers, zucchini and halloumi (it's a really salty, really hard cheese). Mmm...is it summer yet??
--Kat Latham

I think anything grilled tastes better, but for over a year my diet has consisted of only fish, veggies, and grains. I'd love to discover some great new fish or vegetable recipes. I guess I better start searching since it IS National Barbecue Month.
~Samantha Grace 

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you were a vegetarian Kat!? All this time and now I just found out, wow.

    As for me I like barbecue, things like burgers and kebabs. Ribs are okay, not a huge fan but I will eat it. I know for sure there will be lots of barbecuing if not for the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're experiencing lots of rain and terrible weather here in North Carolina, so I sympathize with the "if not for the weather..."

      Delete