Our Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Fave Friday: Favorite Series I Haven't Read

It's Friday, so it must be time for a "Fave" list!

Today, I'm sharing my favorite books I've never read. You know...the ones that have been sitting on my TBR pile forever and I really, really want to read them but can't find the time?

Here's what's at the top of my TBR Most Wanted, which also happens to be my five favorite series:

Jim Butcher: Ghost Story, Cold Days, Skin Game.
This is my all-time favorite series and, again, three books behind. Thanks to spoiler reviews, I know what happened in Ghost Story, but I really, really need to get caught up with my man Harry.

JR Ward: Lover Unleashed, Lover Reborn, Lover at Last, The King. 
Yes, that's four books. This is my second-favorite series. How in the world did I get so far behind? I have them all. They sit on my shelves, mocking me.

Patricia Briggs: River Marked, Frost Burned, Night Broken.
Third-favorite series and I'm three behind. I'm sensing a pattern here, and it's pathetic.

Fourth-favorite series...
Kim Harrison: The Undead Pool.
What? The book only came out a month or two ago, and otherwise I am caught up on this series. Amazing!

Fifth-favorite series....
Simon R. Green:  Just Another Judgment Day; The Good The Bad and the Uncanny; A Hard Day's Knight; The Bride Wore Black Leather. Sigh. I am four books behind on this series. More than any other, I think this is the one that convinced me to take fingers to keyboard and write my first book. The bad news? I'm four behind. The good news? The series is finished, so I can't possibly fall farther behind. The worse news? The series is finished. It was a good one. Insane, but good.

Favorite series I've never read? I mean, I absolutely KNOW I will love them. Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series; Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles; Nalini Singh's Guild Hunters; Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. And coming up on my Kindle: George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, which at my current reading rate, will keep me engrossed until I'm at least ninety.

How about you? What's the book you're dying to sink your teeth into but haven't had the chance? Leave a comment and I'll pull a winner for a $5 Amazon or Book Depo gift and announce it on my blog on Sunday!


23 comments:

  1. I have Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire but I have a batch of library books I need to get through first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of that book, Sandy. It's on my radar too!

      Delete
  2. My Kindle has 39 unread books...which is crazy! I am about to start reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem I'm running into in trying to catch up. I want to reread the whole series!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles or any of the Jim Butcher books but am dying to take some time off and sink into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love the Dresden series. From all I've read about the Iron Druid Chronicles, I really think I'd love it. Oh, to find the time!

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to read the Song of Fire and Ice series, The Sharing Knife series by Bujold, and I'm sure a million others. But those are top on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually started Game of Thrones, got two chapters in, and then got sidetracked! It's supposed to be wonderful, though.

      Delete
  5. i still haven't got teh undead pool but i still one or two to read first in that series, since i just started dresden ( i'm way behind), patricia briggs was my first favourite author but i'm two book behind ( oki only one if we thing night broken copy is still on teh way)i would love to discover the new seanan mcguire ( thus why it was my pick in this new week release contest) but which book is on my desk and wants to read and still haven't i guess it's throne of glass ....

    so many in fact we need more time in a day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, Miki--we need an extra day per week just to read :-)

      Delete
  6. Saving The King until the graduation stuff is done. Looking forward to the new Merry Gentry book by Laurell K. Hamilton in addition to Skin Game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that Merry Gentry series, although I have the first two or three of them, Liz. If I threw in the Anita Blake series, which used to be a favorite, I'm probably about four or five behind on that one too :-) I really have to catch up with Dresden. I miss Harry.

      Delete
  7. I'm also behind on The Dresden files, and The Hollows. I also need to read The King! Another series I want to finish is The Song and Fire and Ice series. I've read the first 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're three ahead of me, then! I think I'm going to tackle it next. I figure George RR Martin writes slowly enough that I'll have plenty of time to finish them before the next one comes out :-)

      Delete
  8. almost every book in my TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those TBR piles just keep growing, don't they?!

      Delete
  9. I haven't started Jim Butcher yet, but I have most books of both his series. I need to read The King, and the last two Kim Harrison books. I did read all the Patricia Briggs books, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Kevin Hearne and Karen Marie Moning Fever series. And the last series, I did not really love, but had to keep on reading anyway. They will never be re-read. The rest, yes, absolutely.
    What I want to read: Dianne Duvall, Jeanne C. Stein, Caitlin Kittredge, Jenna Black, and a few hundred more. I am behind on the last Karen Chance book, Sara Humphreys, Lori Handeland, Pamela Palmer, and some others. Too many books, too little reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series!! I've had this on my TBR pile forever. Kresley Cole's Immortal After Dark series. Pamela Palmer's Feral Warriors, which funnily I have all the books to. Pamela Clare's I-Team series. OMG, and a lot of historical romances!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have most of Karen Marie Moning's Fever series too but have never opened them. I'm sure I'll love them once I do! I started JR Ward's, but haven't had a chance to get back to them. I really enjoyed the ones I did read along with Jennifer Esteps "Spider" series... I need more reading time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok. My top 5 series that I'm behind in, but absolutely LOVE (and have them sitting on my shelf...):

    1. Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld. I read Paris's book, but haven't gotten to Kane yet.

    2. Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series. I think I stopped at Pale Demon.

    3. Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series (GASP!) I haven't gotten through 4th Grave yet.

    4. Brenda Novak's Whiskey Creek series. I read the first two books, but haven't gotten any farther.

    5. Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series. It looks like I stopped after Definitely Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so far behind on The Black Dagger Brotherhood. I will get there - eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia Briggs books are sitting on my shelf too! Then there's The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagwa that I'm dying to get started but haven't found the time....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patricia Briggs' Night Broken.

    ReplyDelete