Our Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Fave Friday: Our Favorite Rainy Day Scenes

Ironically, I came up with the "favorite rainy-day scenes" idea long before this past week, when rain became anything but a light-hearted topic for so many people. So even as we chat about favorite fictional rainy scenes, good thoughts and wishes go out to those here in Alabama, in Florida, in Maryland, and other spots that have been so hard-hit by wicked weather this week. 

For now, let's talk about FICTIONAL rain. Asked about their own favorite rainy-day scenes (and, yeah, I allowed shower scenes to count--LOL), here are the ones a few of my fellow Lady Scribes came up with:

"I have to admit I never read The Notebook, but that scene in the movie where the hero and heroine get caught in the rain in the rowboat is great. And hot once they are out of the rowboat."--Samantha Grace

"This also is an adaptation of a book rather than a book, but that scene in the Kiera Knightly Pride and Prejudice where Mr. Darcy is (poorly) confessing his love in folly out in the rain. I love that scene. Mr. Darcy looks so miserable to be telling the love of his life about his feelings and the rain only makes it worse. Plus, the scenery is so beautiful!"--Jennifer Lohmann

"The Notebook is one of my all time favorite books and movies, so, of course, the scene where they get caught in the rain on the lake is my favorite! Talk about hot steamy passion!"--Julie Johnstone


I have to confess I haven't read "The Notebook" or seen the movie. I'm more a "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" kind of movie girl, which will surprise exactly no one. 



What? Oh, sorry. I was pondering Brad Pitt. There was too rain--it was in the last six seconds!

Here are a few more I came up with, from movies:

The final scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"--I mean you have Audrey Hepburn, the missing cat, the downpour, the dressing-down from the guy, and the big finale. Sigh.

How about the upside-down kiss in the rain from "Spiderman?" (And who'd think Spiderman had a hot rain scene?)



Or Hugh Jackman (ahem) in "Australia"? Oh yeah, Nicole Kidman was there too, wasn't she?



What? Oh, sorry. I was pondering Hugh Jackman. 

What about you? Weigh in with a favorite rain scene (it doesn't HAVE to be romantic) in a book or movie for a shot at a $5 Amazon GC. Let it rain!


18 comments:

  1. I can't really think of a favorite rain scene other than from Singing in the Rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great scene, though, Sandy--Gene Kelly was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... I do like the Spiderman kiss in the rain. Oh, and Singing in the Rain is one of my favorite movies. Can't really think of another rain scene, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This turned out to be a harder category than I thought it would be, Susan!

      Delete
  3. i 've found the rain ( hurricane) scene in storm force to be really emotional and it kept me on edge.
    i also really loved teh scene in which jane yellowrock transformed in beast see the rain and what she is feeling

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one from the Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I'm gonna have to watch that, I think. I don't think I can make myself read the book :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Miki! I had fun (well, in sort of a morbid way) writing those scenes in Storm Force and really making the weather an active character in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I love the rain!!!! We've been having rainy days here for a whole week so I love it!
    For my favorite rain scene has always been the Kiera Knightly Pride and Prejudice scene. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd forgotten about that one--it is a good one :-)

      Delete
  7. I always loved that upside-down kiss in Spiderman. And the Breakfast at Tiffany's rain scene was wonderful too, I was always thinking about how that poor kitty must have hated being there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was happier to see her find Cat than than what's-his-name came back for her--LOL.

      Delete
  8. Singing in the Rain is one of my favorite movies. There is also a great rain scene in Twister where she is telling him about how the twister killed her dad and he realizes he is still in love with her even though he has brought his fiancée with to get divorce papers signed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that scene! I'm a sucker for disaster movies, and I always like Twister. (I've been known to say "Cow" while driving in a storm.)

      Delete
  9. For me, it's always Gene Kelly's exuberant dance (and song) in Singing in the Rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is a wonderful scene. I should've included it!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the rain scene in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S. It gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the few rain scenes that stand out for me are the one in Poltergeist when its raining and she falls into the unfinished pool, the Spiderman scene where they are kissing and running from the dinos in Jurassic Park.

    sheryll1974@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete