Our Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Romantic Writers in the City of Legends

Whoever decided to make the destination for the 2014 Romantic Times Convention New Orleans is a genius! I mean can you imagine a better, creativity inspiring city with a pulse of life that has a unique beat all of its own? 

I arrived in New Orleans yesterday for the Romantic Times Convention and I swear I've already gained five pounds! The food is scrumptious, the drinks heavenly and the atmosphere awe inspiring, especially since book two in my urban fantasy series The Siren Saga is once again partly in New Orleans.
I've already got some great research done! I started out last night with a group of my favorite writing pals and had a mouth-watering dinner at Muriel's!

From there, we decided we had to go on a Vampire tour and I swear every picture I shot had a weird halo effect in it! Check out this picture of the convent where the Cassette girls came to stay when they rolled into New Orleans to keep the men company. It's a convent! Do you see the weird bright circle in the middle of my picture?

No Romantic Times Convention would be complete with out a lot bar time, especially in New Orleans! Samantha Grace is a great partner in crime for mingling in the bar!

Speaking of bar time, tonight a group of us went to the Pelican Club for dinner and their drink menu was unlike anything I have ever seen before and definitely inspired me to use some of these crazy concoctions in my next Siren book!

I had the Gin Fresca! It was a light and lively drink that set the tone for the night!

Tomorrow is another busy day starting off with a breakfast I'm helping to host in the morning. It doesn't seem fair that I'm giving all this swag away and I know some of you cannot be here! So for those of you who wanted to come to RT this year, but just could not make it, I'll pick one person who comments to send a swag box to! Make sure to leave your email.

What I want to know is who has had a tarot reading and do you believe they are real? I really want to get one!

Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

  1. I have never had a tarot reading because I'm afraid of what they will say. But I believe in it. Hope your having fun and shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rhonda! I'm a little afraid too, but I want to try it! I am having fun! Thanks for leaving you email!

      Delete
  2. Forgot my email
    mslanette1972@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have, but I don't think that is something I would believe in. I am on the fence about psychics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlene,
      I'm not sure how much stock I put in it either, but I do think it would be fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I have never had one and am on the fence as to whether I want one or not. Part of me doesn't believe in them, but there's that little part that wonders, "hmmm….what if they're true?? Do I want to know?"

    I so wish I was there with you gals. Have fun!

    Connie Fischer
    conniecape@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,

      I wish you were here too! You expressed how I feel exactly! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I've never had a reading.
    sgiden at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't had one

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, bn100. Have you not had one because you don't believe in them or you just have not had the opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie,

    Congratulations!! You are the winner of the swag! Please PM me your address, so I can send it to you when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post, thank you Julie! Yes, I have had some tarot readings, and some persons readings are absolutely believable as they have come true. Others not as much, but they are still fun and not scary at all.

    ReplyDelete