Our Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's up, Wednesday?

This week's question…
Do you play a musical instrument?

When I was in fifth grade or so, I desperately wanted to know how to play the saxophone. So, my parents rented me a saxophone. I signed up for band. I was terrible. I found practicing to be a chore, which only made me a worse player. I've not touched the instrument in twenty or so years.
~Jennifer Lohmann 

I took piano lessons for ten years, although I rarely play anymore. My hands are really small and I can't easily reach an octave, so that limited my repertoire. I played a mean "Bridge Over Troubled Water" though!
~Suzanne Johnson

I don't play any musical instruments. I took piano when I was younger, but I didn't enjoy it so my mom let me quit. I was very involved in choir all through school and even my freshman year in college. My kids, on the other hand, play. My son has been playing violin for six years and he plays guitar. My daughter plays piano and she is beginning middle school this year and wants to play cello and the French horn. I think it will be hard to learn two new instruments at once, but she wants to go for it.
~Samantha Grace

What instruments do Lady Scribes readers play?

No comments:

Post a Comment