Our Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I hate goodbyes, don't you?

If there is one thing I hate it's goodbyes. It seems as if they are always hard, even if you know you will see that person again, but since I don't actually SEE most of you lovely readers I have come to know by being on Lady Scribes I am especially finding that I am sad to end the chapter of my life where I am a Lady Scribes.

I was one of the founding member of this blog, and I helped to create it with some writers that were my friends as well as critique partners and have ultimately become very good friends of mine.

In the past year, life has become incredibly hectic for me as a writer, and I have decided that to be better balanced between my writing life and my home life I have to make a concerted effort to concentrate on lessening some of my commitments. Unfortunately for me that means I no longer have the time I believe is necessary to devote to being a Lady Scribe.

Though I am saying goodbye here, I can still be found and connected with on:

Facebook     Goodreads     Twitter 

at my website www.juliejohnstoneauthor.com where you can sign up for my newsletter

Or if you want to connect with me on a  more personal level you can always be on my Street Team! We are a fun bunch of ladies named Julie Johnstone's Daring Duchesses, Debutantes and Demi-mondes! Drop me a line at juliejohnstoneauthor@gmail.com, and I will be happy to sign you up!

I can't leave you without a proper parting gift! I am a good Southern gal, after all.

Two people who comment here will be sent a code to get my new audio book for free from Audible.com! Here is the cover, the blurb and the links buy!

Purchase at: Audible  Amazon   Itunes

Lady Madelaine Aldridge might be the worst lady-in-waiting to ever grace King George III’s court. An oddball who prefers archery to embroidery and honesty to deception, she earns the dislike of the Queen, the cruelty of the other ladies-in-waiting and the advances of a lecherous fiend who wants to make her his whore. Her father demands she find a proper husband―a task that seems hopeless until Lord Grey Adlard rides into court.

Grey Adlard lives up to his reputation as a dangerously handsome rake when he proposes Madelaine meet him in the stables for a tumble. Yet when she needs a protector the most, Grey offers his services and vows he wants to court her. Wary yet intrigued by the mystery he presents, Madelaine slowly allows Grey to capture her confidence and then her heart.


Things seem perfect until her father is imprisoned for plotting against the King and Madelaine learns Grey is not who he pretends. As King George III sinks deeper into insanity, Madelaine must prove her father’s innocence in order to save his life. With the future of England hanging in the balance and a ruthless murderer hunting them Grey and Madelaine engage in a clash of wills and a battle fraught with suspicion, secrets, betrayal and two hearts that cannot deny the impossible, irresistible love between them.

I will miss you ladies but hopefully I will someday get to meet those of you I have not and see those of you I have met in person again!

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

Julie Johnstone
The once and always Marchioness of Mayhem

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you leave here, but will continue to follow you and your wonderful books.Good luck with the balancing act that is life! :D You wili soar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to see you go from here, but at least I'll still see you on Facebook. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely see me on Facebook jmcgaugh!

      Delete
  3. Oh sad to see you go, Julie!! But I'm excited to have you write more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, It's a good thing for me, but I will miss LS! I'm excited to do some blog hops, wink-wink!

      Delete
  4. That's sad

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww It has been a blast following Lady Scribes with you and the fellow members as they take on new adventures. I know I'll be seeing you online but I'll miss seeing you here as a Lady Scriber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss seeing you here as well, Kipha, but you can definitely find me on line!

      Delete
  6. We wish you the best, Jules. I know I'll still see you. Otherwise, I'd be in tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Sam! I'd be in tears too if I thought this was a goodbye forever deal.

      Delete
  7. Jmcgaugh and bm100 you ladies are the winners of the free audio. Please let me know what email to send your code to by emailing me at juluejohnstoneauthor@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete