Our Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's up, Wednesday?

It's the beginning of June and the northern hemisphere has summer coming up. Kids are getting out of school, it's light long into the evening, and my neighbors are talking about how their tomato plants are coming along.

This week's question…
What is a favorite summer memory?

I grew up in a small town near Sun Valley and we often head there for around the 4th of July. The resort had a summer skating show (where I saw Brian Boitano and Brian Orser). But my favorite part was the giant antique fair at the base of the ski mountain. I loved spending hours going through all that crap.
~Jennifer Lohmann

My favorite summer memories involve playing hide-and-seek, Midnight ghost, and kick-the-can with my neighborhood friends. We would stay out after dark and hide all over the place. I can't believe the adult neighbors were so tolerant of us, but they were. I'm still close with those friends and it has been more years than I want to admit on social media. :-)
~Samantha Grace

One of my favorite summer memories is playing flashlight tag out doors with my cousins and then staying up really late with the same cousins to play cards with them and all the aunts and uncles. I loved those times!!
~Julie Johnstone

When I was a kid in Sacramento, we lived near a water park, rode our bikes to it, went swimming in the olympic-sized pools, got snowcones or taffy candy, and fed the ducks and ducklings in the pond. Best time ever being a kid. 
~Terry Spear, Jaguar Hunt

What are your favorite summer memories? 
Leave a comment (please include email) to win a digital copy of Season for Surrender by Julie Johnstone. 




12 comments:

  1. Catching fireflies during the summer nights. Always fun when we were kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great summer memory! I still feel happy when I see fireflies out at night. :)

      Delete
    2. Nancy, I remember doing that! It was fun.

      Delete
  2. We had a cabin on a lake in upstate NY & would go every summer for a week or two. We had a dock & boat that could be a rowboat or a motor boat, went swimming & fishing for sunfish. I met my first "boyfriend" up there & had my first kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharlene,
      I always wish we had a cabin where I could take the kids in the summer. What wonderful memories you must have. :)

      Delete
    2. Sharlene, What a sweet memory to have. :-)

      Delete
  3. My favorite summer memories are of taking the bus to "town" and filling up a big bag of books at the library. Back home I went and crawled up into the big tree in my front yard where I would read all day. I "gobbled" Nancy Drew mysteries, biographies, classics and just about anything I could find. I had promised myself that I was going to read every book in the library starting with the first book in the "A" section. Well, I didn't get that far, but I did spent some splendid days being transported to my own little book world. Now that I'm retired, I still love to spend my days reading. Unfortunately, I'm not about to climb a tree. I'm think I'll stick to my comfy reading chair. Happy Summer, Everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I bet the neighbors would look twice if you climbed into a tree to read now.

      I love that your goal was to read every book in the library. I didn't read much Nancy Drew, but I devoured Trixie Beldon books. Like you, summer was the best for indulging in my favorite past time. :)

      Delete
    2. Connie, may this summer be filled with fabulous books and plenty of time to read them.

      Delete
  4. going to the beach

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete