Our Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's up, Wednesday?

Apparently among it's many wonderful attributes (including African-American Music Appreciation Month and National Rose Month), June is National Candy Month.

This week's question…
Do you have a favorite candy?


I'm not generally a big candy eater, though I keep a small cup of chocolates on my desk at my day job. It's rare that I'll turn down a peanut butter cup.
~Jennifer Lohmann

Candy is my great weakness!! This topic in itself is a dangerous one! My favorite candy in the world is the Haribo Gummy bears. Oh my goodness...I'm such a nut when it comes to textures. My 'real' favorite candy, went out of business years ago...who knew candy could go out of business. : )  They were called Juicefuls and they made them in Apple, Peach, Raspberry and Cherry...and they were filled with real fruit juice. Oh dear, I'm going to need a sugar break!
~Christi Caldwell

I love chocolate, and Turtles are my absolute favorite! I'm so glad my hubby doesn't buy me boxes of them like my mom used to receive for Christmas and Valentine's Day. I can't stop until I'm sick!
~Samantha Grace

Tell us your favorite candy and Samantha will toss in a little eye candy for one commenter. :-) (Please leave your email address so we can contact you if your name is chosen.)


16 comments:

  1. I love Sour Patch Kids. Partly, because my kids don't like them. Anything else my kids are going to want to share. I also love banana flavor laffy taffy. the other flavors are good, but banana is my all time favorite. Now I want some laffy taffy.
    countessofmar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Sour Patch Kids! But banana flavor laffy taffy? Hmm...I imagine you don't have a whole lot of attention for the banana flavored candy, which in itself is a good strategy! I love the rainbow sprinkled Taffy, myself, Melody!

      Delete
    2. I love banana flavored things, but strawberry is the worst for me.

      Delete
  2. I have recently become addicted to Smarties, which is weird as I consider myself a true chocolate person. The trouble will Smarties, is that one roll is never enough. My theory is that Smarties do indeed make me smarter, but it could be the sugar talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's funny, Gayle. I like how your mind works. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a candy freak-don't let me near it. M&Ms Heath Bars, Milky Ways, any kind of gummy candy, JELLYBEANS..yeah. It's all good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yum to all! Have you tried starburst jellybeans? Someone brought them in to work one day and they are addictive!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a candy freak. I've always said that bookstores are my candy stores. Having stated that, I will say that I enjoy a bite of a Heath Bar or a smidge of something salted caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate bars

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. That's another one of my mom's favorites, but it was the one candy my brothers and I wouldn't eat, so maybe that's why the became her favorite. :-)

      Delete
  7. I'm allergic to chocolate (oh horrors!), so I've sampled quite a few sweets to find a new fave. I think it would have to be Scotch Kisses by See's Candies...a marshamallow and butterscotch confection wrapped in waxed paper like saltwater taffies are. They are so yummy and you can't stop at one, I double dog dare you to try! :-) jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice,
      That sounds fantastic! I love butterscotch. I don't think See's Candies can't make a bad confection. :)

      Delete
  8. I have a weakness for candy, so I try not to eat it, but I do keep a stash of Dove chocolates. My big treat of the day is to have one chocolate after dinner, it's just enough to satisfy that chocolate craving.

    ReplyDelete